PDA

View Full Version : September Event List

coral diver
08-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Please only add your name and how many will be coming with you and what you could bring to the celebration like food, drinks, shelter, equipment, donate a prag for fund raiser etc, etc,

coral diver
08-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Me, wife, daugther and granddaugther plus 9'X9' canopy and donation for raffle Talbot prints

Chanas4
08-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Jeff angel and I. I can provide some drinks

victortrav
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
we have a paypal account set up www.paypal.com
payee jessycat77@aol.com
please indicate with payment your screen name, real name, number, and number in your party.
if you dont have pay pal call the hotline (619) 726-7965. for drop off or pick up alternatives.

victortrav
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
ok everyone due to a mountatin of obstacles mainly the thunderboat races at fiesta island, reservations for just about everywhere needs to be made like 6 months in advance, price of a permit, and the list goes on. this is not going to be able to happen. If you know of an alternative please let me know. victor
for those that have paid please contact me for refunds.

vinny73
08-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Okay folks, I have an idea. For some, this is gonna require some driving. Mar Vista Middle School, sd ca 92154 has a park right next to it! I live like 1 block away! It's not on the beach, but it does have swings and a big play area just for kids! If you want, we can still do the frag swap, and if you want, bring out your gloves, bats, and baseballs or softballs and we could play some over the line. Or we could play soccer! The whole point of this event is to interact with each other so we can know one another! As much as I have preached to my loyal SOUTH BAY REEFERS, " Corner the market on all of North counties Frags!!!" , we all just wanna have a great time! This can still happen!!!! I know for a fact that parks and recs don't come to this park until Monday! NO PERMIT! We can do a potluck and use the money for a raffle! I am sorry for jumping the gun and getting people excited about something in a place that just obviously couldn't happen! Now that we know, let's plan the March meeting at Scripps! If things weren't bad enough, my guest speaker has bowed out! She will not be available til October! Sorry! But , on a positive note.... Eric Borneman may be able to speak at the march meeting. He has written several books and the Head Marine Biologist at SDSU said he would contact him and others for us to have as guest speakers. He is also gonna put me in contact with the Head of SIO to put the meeting in stone and maybe give us a behind the scenes tour! All hope is not lost!!!! Please consider this idea and let us know! Thanks, Vinny.

DiverDave
08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I want to be there! When? I can bring food, drinks, canopy and a few chairs. Softball sounds like fun and soccer even better. Please LMK or direct me to a link with all the information.

Dave

Chanas4
08-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Thats sounds good Vinny. Ocean1 also suggested Santee lakes

ocean1
08-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks ! :p

victortrav
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
santee lakes is a great location but im concerned about people from the north and the distance

marineman1978
08-28-2007, 09:19 AM
I have softball eqipment. all we need is bases (cardboard) Ghetto, I know. I have bats, ~9 gloves, and balls. all we need is bases.