PDA

View Full Version : rose bta trouble...need help

triggerSD
10-13-2004, 07:42 PM
It is losing color but still alive. It also does that inflating and deflating thing quite a bit. The weird thing about it is I have a green bta in the same tank about 6 inches away that looks awesome. also some of the tentacles are disappearing and it just looks all screwed up. My water params are good, i think. I dont have a ph test, but everything else in my tank looks great. I have also tried feeding it and it doesnt seem to react. The lighting is a 175 mh 20K over a 60g ( havent had time to build a hood and get my other 175 up). Can someone troubleshoot for me please. Will post a pic in a sec.

triggerSD
10-13-2004, 07:58 PM
heres some pics. sorry they rnt great.

triggerSD
10-13-2004, 08:01 PM
next

triggerSD
10-13-2004, 08:02 PM
last one

brahm
10-13-2004, 08:18 PM
How is the flow in your tank... It looks starved btw you can tell by the shot tenticals around the end, when they start they start to consume there mass. Sometimes when it gets to this point they loose the ablilty to stick. I've had some recover from there. But, most of them don't. I would try encreasing flow on it, and keep trying to feed it.. If it can't grasp go as far as placing food across its mouth.

triggerSD
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
I have 2 bakpaks pushing water in and 3 small rios running. No algae problem other than a little detritus on the sand so I would say it is moderate throughout the tank.

bler
10-13-2004, 09:41 PM
what were you feeding it and how often, and what is the flow like in the area surrounding the BTA.. how long have you had it as well ?

try using a turkey baster and shoot a bunch of mysis/brine right into its mouth, it should at least TRY to eat..

MrKrispy
10-13-2004, 10:21 PM
yah looks like it is starving......Feedme seymour!