PDA

View Full Version : AquaC EV-400 Skimmer Brand New

Jessy
08-19-2007, 06:54 PM
AquaC EV-400 Skimmer Brand New in wrapper. ***SOLD*****

Jessy
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
And a bump. whats' the dealio....no one have big tanks or is the price not right? LMK make me an offer.

JHAI4
08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Use it on your nano.... :)

victortrav
08-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Ill Start The Bidding At 5 Bucks

vinny73
08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
$200.00

JHAI4
08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Do You Take Euros?

Jessy
08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
LOL All you guys need to crawl in a hole together. (not you vinny, I like you, YOU'RE nice). But alas, I will hold out for a higher bid....$400's not a bad price...

seahorse_man
08-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Am I nice:D

Jessy
08-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Am I nice:D You'd look a whole lot nicer with $400 in your hand at my door asking for this skimmer.:eek: :D :p

jacksandgo
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
ROFL!!! :D

You'd look a whole lot nicer with $400 in your hand at my door asking for this skimmer.:eek: :D :p

MichaelRyanSD
08-21-2007, 10:16 PM
maybe you should ask to get that pic taken down where it exclaims "Won At Raffle"...everyone knows how much you paid for it :)...then you make up some story about how you bought the thing but realized you didn't need it...your loss is their gain

Actually in all seriousness I think you should be looking for around 300$ for it...the problem here is that is a highly specialized skimmer...so unless you want to wait a year or more...or the other option being hanging around LFS until you see some Noob buying a huge tank...your going to have to come down on price here

The problem with prices on this site is it based on do we really need it...the truth is..no...we don't need anything here or aquariums in general...

So when people see that skimmer...they say "Damn thats a nice skimmer...thats totally not necessary for my tank, but that sure would be sweet to have on it....ohh wait..its 400$, I don't need it that bad."

Whereas if come down 100$...which is still pretty good..then people will think "Damn, I don't need that skimmer, but for 300$, why not"

PS...I don't want it...just my .02 cents

stephj03
08-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Throw it up on ebay or RC and go through the trouble of shipping with insurance and you will get your asking price.JMO
Jared

Jessy
08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I knew that it was going to be next to impossible to sell on here, sdreefs (me included) has a very specific kind of "part it out, frag it up" mentality. I probably will end up selling it elsewhere, I just wanted to give someone local the option. I don't think I should go down to $300. I've seen used ones go for more than that. I'm also not worried at all about people knowing I won it in a raffle. They are still going to get a deal of at least 20% off the lowest retail price right now, not something to be ashamed of....Now if I was trying to price gouge and ask for $500 then I'd open myself to all the critisism in the world. But for now $400 OBO stands until someone has a need for it.

victortrav
08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
where it came from doesnt really matter its brand new and the price on it is better than anywhere else youll find it. there are alot of big tanks here and im sure it will sell.

seahorse_man
08-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Good price it will sell, Michael always has something bad to say.

coral diver
08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
OK Victor i'll top your bid $10.00 :D

marineman1978
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Ive had the same problem with my MH's. It looks like a good reason to upgrade:). Or just hold out till someone is speaking your language. where you got it doesn't matter.

FishBulb
08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Where you got it from doesn't matter at all. A deal is a deal and the skimmer is good. Actually, I would be relieved to find out you won the skimmer. Otherwise, I would think something was wrong with it and that's why you were discounting it so heavily. I would strongly recommend you try craigslist, ebay, and RC. You should have more luck there.

On a side, I really don't like AquaC skimmers and think you will have a hard time selling it in general. They recommend a mag24 to run this thing. That's an extra 240W of noise, heat, and vibration. Also $150. Similar sized needle wheel skimmers will use about 1/4 this wattage and will be much more quite. Those are just my thoughts.

FB

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
He Jess,
Congrats on winning this. It would be IDEAL for my set-up, but I am getting by with my Reef Devil just fine right now. Some are right though, want but don't need seems to be operant. Sell it on Ebay, or Reef Central, or Craig's List.... all of the usual suspects. We have Ferrari tastes and Volkswagen budgets. (No offense to anyone so if that offends you tough.)

MichaelRyanSD
08-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I wasn't criticizing or anything...I was just trying to say "Hey...have you noticed the prices for everything else" As in...things typically go for 20-25% of cost on here. I am hoping she sells it quickly, but im just saying she might have to open it up to other venues to get that price (Like ebay) which opens up to the entire nation....if she sells it or not...I don't care, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason

The reason i brought up the raffle part is because people might try to lowball you because they know anything they give you is pure profit

Just my opinion

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Here is an idea Jess. Since you won it in a raffle, have a raffle. Tickets are $1.00 with a minimum of 20 tickets. When you have $400.00 in the kitty....... spin the wheel. I am in for $20.00.

Jas0863
08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE-Actually in all seriousness I think you should be looking for around 300$ for it...the problem here is that is a highly specialized skimmer...so unless you want to wait a year or more...or the other option being hanging around LFS until you see some Noob buying a huge tank...your going to have to come down on price here

The problem with prices on this site is it based on do we really need it...the truth is..no...we don't need anything here or aquariums in general...

So when people see that skimmer...they say "Damn thats a nice skimmer...thats totally not necessary for my tank, but that sure would be sweet to have on it....ohh wait..its 400$, I don't need it that bad."

Whereas if come down 100$...which is still pretty good..then people will think "Damn, I don't need that skimmer, but for 300$, why not"

PS...I don't want it...just my .02 cents[/QUOTE]

I run the Aqua-C 240 and my tank may not be much to speak of but I think Aqua-C is a top skimmer. On the term of low-balling, that's exactly what you have implied. The skimmer is brand new, not used.

coral diver
08-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I am in for $20.00. :mad: Hey don't be knocking me off the top bid $ 25 :D :cool:

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Mine is not a bid CD... it is an offer to raffle the thing off again. So, do you feel lucky? I WANT it, but can't afford it (2 kids in college.... you get the rest...) So if you are a gambling man, you are in for $25.00 with of ticks, I am in for $20. She is at $55.00. Only 345 more tickets are available!
(Go for it Jess......) Could be fun!

coral diver
08-22-2007, 11:17 AM
OK then bid is back to $20 :p :eek: :D

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
No stones?:D

FragCity
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Jessica, Congrats on the score! Don't let these low-ballers get to ya...YOU have something OTHERS want, they just want it for the same price you got it for...happens much too often here on SDR...

For all the lowballers: you're in the wrong hobby!!

You have to PAY if you want to PLAY!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
So.... Harold is in for $20.00. That brings it to $60.00.:rolleyes:

MichaelRyanSD
08-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I run the Aqua-C 240 and my tank may not be much to speak of but I think Aqua-C is a top skimmer. On the term of low-balling, that's exactly what you have implied. The skimmer is brand new, not used.

What part of what I wrote did you just not understand...or chose to ignore...for one, how could I be low-balling her if I don't even want to buy it nor have I offered her anything for it....and second, I put that post in the thread so people could see it so people wouldn't think I was scheming..

Back to my original post, I don't understand how you could interpret it as anything other then some advice...I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just realistic...in case you haven't noticed..things don't sell on her for what you want, they sell for what people are willing to pay....

I'm not implying that she will not sell it for that price and I'm not implying that she is screwing anyone by asking 400$ (which is still a hell of a deal) I simply brought up the point, which is that skimmer is so highly specialized and kicks so much ass, that it warrants that hefty price tag, but your going to be hard pressed to find anyone who actually needs that skimmer. Hell it might happen tomorrow where someone finds this board and it was just what that person was looking for....and for her, i hope it does.

So in order for her to sell it quickly (which is her choice) she may need to come down in price in order to sell it because in case you haven't noticed...everyone here already has a skimmer, which typically do almost a good of a job as that one at a fraction of the cost...so if anyone is going to be incline as to want to buy it...then the PRICE IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE RIGHT

I'll put it in stupid storyboard fashion for you....I own a 90g tank with a ASM skimmer, as far as I can tell...everything flourishes and lives the way I have it...and I got that skimmer for 100$

I see her skimmer for sale, I know it does a better job, but hell for 400$ I know my tanks is doing just fine the way it is....I'll save my money

Now the alternative (hypothetical)...I know my tank is doing fine, but I see someone selling that skimmer for 200$...well ****, that skimmer won't make much of difference as far as I can tell, but for 200$, what the hell, less crap in the water is a good thing.

Hope this clears anything up that you have going on in your misconstrued head, in my opinion, your making something out of nothing for the sake of flexing some e-muscles...

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
So Mike,
Put down the Monster drink. (Only kidding....) If we raffle it are you in for $20.00? That would be $80.00. We are almost a quarter of the way there! Come on reefers. Step right up!

Jessy
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
wow wow wow... ok so to redirect this thread back to getting money in my pocket :D. Michael, thank you for your opinion, and I do find it valid. I'm just choosing to hold out for the person who really wants it for $400. And don't misunderstand Jas or anyone else....you should know how hard it is to catch the feeling behind text on a website. They're all great guys just lookin out for me. Which I appreciate immensely.

And Tecknology, the raffle is a great idea if I wouldn't get put in jail for it right after :).

Harold, thanks for the kind words. None of this is bothering me in the least bit, I am not in a rush to sell, so really it is just fun sitting back and watching.

JoJo- I expect more than $20 in ticket purchases from you.

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
The raffle is legal. Churches do it all the time. It is a win win....... we get a chance at this KILLER skimmer, for all of us cheapskates, and you get your cash to by that awesome coral of your dreams. You could sell more than 400.00 worth, but the odds go down as the number goes up, and your cance of winning goes down as well. If oyu ONLY sell in lots of 20, chances of winning are 1 in 20. (1 in 10 if you could buy more than one lot.......) Mmmmmm math!

MichaelRyanSD
08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
good for you, IMO its worth holding onto to get 400$ for it, I was just merely bringing up that fact that that might not come for sometime..given my said reasons above

Jessy
08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Yah churches and other organizations but I am pretty sure that it is illegal to do one privately...ALTHOUGH I'd offer anything over $400 to the SDMAS fund. :) And on a completely unrelated topic, I don't mind breaking the law every once in a while, :) I speed most of the time I'm driving. :D. BUT, that has nothing to do with me wanting to run an illegal raffle for an EV-400 skimmer for $20 a ticket with procedes after $400 to go to SDMAS :p ;)

The raffle is legal. Churches do it all the time. It is a win win....... we get a chance at this KILLER skimmer, for all of us cheapskates, and you get your cash to by that awesome coral of your dreams. You could sell more than 400.00 worth, but the odds go down as the number goes up, and your cance of winning goes down as well. If oyu ONLY sell in lots of 20, chances of winning are 1 in 20. (1 in 10 if you could buy more than one lot.......) Mmmmmm math!

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
It is not private. This is a publicly available forum. Folks could PM you.... and YOU let us know when you hit $400.00. Where is your sense of adventure!
Ever been to Vegas? I drop $20.00 in slot machines waiting to use the john!

SDguy
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Jess, did you want me to put it up for sale on RC for you? I could ship it out of my work...we ship delicate stuff all the time.

MichaelRyanSD
08-22-2007, 12:42 PM
on a side note...sdguy...is your avatar a pic from your tank...I really like it

SDguy
08-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks. Yes...all the fish love to "hover" in place in that one area against the flow....easiest place to snap a clear pic...

Jessy
08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Jess, did you want me to put it up for sale on RC for you? I could ship it out of my work...we ship delicate stuff all the time.
Thanks, I would appreciate that a lot. You can just copy the information in the first post here before it got too out of line :)... LMK if you do it ok?

pnguy3n
08-22-2007, 01:04 PM
No matter how much you sell it Jess, your expression when you won it was priceless. When you came up to me I was like "Whoa,how did she dot it!".

SDguy
08-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks, I would appreciate that a lot. You can just copy the information in the first post here before it got too out of line :)... LMK if you do it ok?

PM sent...

SDguy
08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Alright, I posted the ad:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1190700

Therapy
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
how tall is that thing WITHOUT the collection cup?
I would buy it but my clearance is only 26 inches
maybe I can cut the collection cup down some?

Jessy
08-22-2007, 02:05 PM
how tall is that thing WITHOUT the collection cup?
I would buy it but my clearance is only 26 inches
maybe I can cut the collection cup down some?
It says it is 32" total, and I'll have to see what it is without the cup, but I highly doubt the cup is adding an extra 6 inches.

vinny73
08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
60.00 bucks in tix!

Jessy
08-22-2007, 03:59 PM
So are we really up to $140 in tickets with this unofficial raffle??? Anyone else want a theoretical ticket for $20?

FishBulb
08-22-2007, 05:57 PM
ok for $20 i'll be in.

Diver Dan
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey if you dont get any offers (unlikely) and they dont come up with the raffle money im in at 300! I think it would fit in an elos 120xl. I coul always plumb it in if it does not fit. I will pm you!

Techknowledgy
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Actually... we are at $160.00... almost half way there! .... on the first day!

luistwentyone
08-22-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm in for $20 that makes it $180

JHAI4
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Jess & Vic - I should had put money on my bet that this thread was going to exceed 5 pages!

Jessy
08-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Jess & Vic - I should had put money on my bet that this thread was going to exceed 5 pages! LOL I would have never thought...but we seem to have a nice thing going don't we?

mazilla
08-23-2007, 06:05 AM
jess, i know you got an offer for shipping it out but.. i run the sd office of my families overnight shipping firm and i could get it anywhere in California overnight at a fraction of the cost you would spend anywhere else. let me know if you need it, i'm always happy to help.

SDguy
08-23-2007, 06:08 AM
A person on RC wants to know about shipping to Cypress, TX 77429.

mazilla
08-23-2007, 06:11 AM
California, Arizona and Nevada only. we dont service Texas anymore, we used to but not anymore.

SDguy
08-23-2007, 06:41 AM
OK, no biggie..I'll check with my shipping guys here at work.

Jessy
08-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Um... I have to get the weight....give me til tonight I'm at work already

SDguy
08-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I just checked MD....so not only is there no tax (even for CA residents), but it qualifies for free shipping. Sooo, you may need to reconsider your asking price, depending on what shipping comes out to.

Jessy
08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh nice. ok........well then just say $400 Plus a flat rate of $15, I'll eat the rest. Hopefully it won't be something like $60. :(

Fishaholic
08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
how do you feel about trades? I have a LOT that I could trade you

-Jerehmy

Jessy
08-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I like trades, but I really don't need anything right now. Can't upgrade to a bigger tank and I don't need any livestock.
how do you feel about trades? I have a LOT that I could trade you

-Jerehmy

SDguy
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Do we have a weight on this thing yet? :) I've got two interests on RC.

Jessy
08-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Do we have a weight on this thing yet? :) I've got two interests on RC. The weight doesn't matter $15 flat shipping.

SDguy
08-23-2007, 04:44 PM
OK, I'll let 'em know...

Jessy
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
OK, I'll let 'em know... Ohhh...I'm gonna have to weigh this...I don't want to get stuck with $100 in shipping when someone in SD would probably pay $300-$350 for this....

SDguy
08-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Grrr, ok, I edit my post listing the $15 flat fee, but if either of those guys that I PM'ed wants it, then too late. That's the price.

Jessy
08-23-2007, 08:16 PM
OK it is 10.5 lbs without a box. so lets say 13 lbs max. Peter where's the guy that is interested at? Can your company give me a quote on shipping?

SDguy
08-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Cypress TX 77429

I'll ask the shipping guys how much it'll cost to ship a 13 lb acrylic tube

You could also just go through the motions of buying one from, say, premium aquatics to see what shipping would be, to give you an idea.

Jessy
08-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Cypress TX 77429

I'll ask the shipping guys how much it'll cost to ship a 13 lb acrylic tube

You could also just go through the motions of buying one from, say, premium aquatics to see what shipping would be, to give you an idea. Tell dude he has a deal. How do I get the money? I have paypal....I forget do they charge? I don't think I've ever received money....

SDguy
08-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Before I tell him anything, you are going to have to get a box. My shipping guys have nothing that will fit that shape (except really big, and that starts to cost extra shipping). Just give me the box and the skimmer. They'll do the rest (bubble wrap and all. They said it'll be about $20 shipping, including insurance, to New York. I assume cheaper to Texas. Let me know exactly what you want to do and when you want to do it. I'm pretty tied up this weekend until Sunday.

Jessy
08-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Before I tell him anything, you are going to have to get a box. My shipping guys have nothing that will fit that shape (except really big, and that starts to cost extra shipping). Just give me the box and the skimmer. They'll do the rest (bubble wrap and all. They said it'll be about $20 shipping, including insurance, to New York. I assume cheaper to Texas. Let me know exactly what you want to do and when you want to do it. I'm pretty tied up this weekend until Sunday.
If he sends money this weekend we can probably get it in the mail on Monday. So ask him to send the money to JessyCat77@aol.com via paypal. And I'll work on the box this weekend and get it in your hands when you are available. And thank you BTW. This is a big help.

SDguy
08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
No problem. I sent you a PM with the details.

Jessy
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
****sold*********

alittlesalty
08-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Jessica fantastic show 73 now 74 posts on one for sale thread......I think you are for sure loved by SDReefs.;)

Jas0863
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Jess, I'm glad to hear you got it sold. RP was definitely good to you.

seahorse_man
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Glad it sold:) Who bought it?How much did you end up getting?Good Job;)

SDguy
08-25-2007, 07:51 AM
I assume this means you received the paypal payment? Please PM me with details, I would at least like to acknowledge to this person that payment was received...