mojoreason
08-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I am so glad they fired Marty.

GoTakuF1
08-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I can already tell, my blood pressure is going to be better this season :D

GoTakuF1
08-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Speaking of being glad, I'm so glad Mr. Butler got the LT trade and we're not stuck with that a-hole Michael Vick. :p

coral diver
08-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh don't talk about Vic infront of my wife or you'll get an earfull specially about the dogs

Spsniper
08-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Check out this story on Vick. Be sure to click on the pdf document of the formal lawsuit filed against him. Hilarious!!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

GoTakuF1
08-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh don't talk about Vic infront of my wife or you'll get an earfull specially about the dogs

Haha! I hope he gets more than one full orifice in jail. You thought he tasted plenty of sacks on the field, wait until he gets behind bars :eek:

How about them Chargers, huh? 2nd and 3rd stringers didn't look half bad today. The rookies are looking pretty good. #32 is looking more and more like a great pick by A.J.

mr240
08-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I am so glad they fired Marty.
You honestly think Norv Turner is an upgrade from Marty. Marty did not lose the game for you last year. Your players did. Dropped balls. Dumb penalties. Here is some facts for you that might change your mind throughout the season.

Norv Turner Record
Career regular season record: 58 - 82 - 1 (0.415)
Career postseason record: 1 - 1

iVgOnMaD
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
He has had some horrible teams in the past, that record is not a very good reflection of his coaching skills

mr240
08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
He has had some horrible teams in the past, that record is not a very good reflection of his coaching skills
7 years with the Redskins. That is more than enough to time to make a sorry team a good team. Out of those 7 years only 2 of them he had a winning record. I will admit that he is a great offensive coordinator but some people just weren't made to be head coaches and he is one of them.

mr240
08-20-2007, 02:00 PM
KT-150 where you at. I know you want to say something.

08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree the players lost that game against New England not the coaching that day. Chargers dont need to do anything different than they did last year except learn from last years heartbreak. A young team will make those types of mistakes. That experience will make them that much more dangerous this year.

Norv doesn't have to be an uppgrade from Marty, he is just needs to drive the Ferrari in a straight line and make sure its full of gas on its way to Arizona. Which is why he was hired.

mr240
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Norv doesn't have to be an uppgrade from Marty, he is just needs to drive the Ferrari in a straight line and make sure its full of gas on its way to Arizona. Which is why he was hired.
You forget that there are curves or turns going to Arizona.

08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Your right. There are curves but the way a Ferrari handles it could make an average driver look brilliant.

I mean he isn't trying to get to Arizona with a Yugo (Raiders) driven by a 12 year old (Lane Kiffin).

mr240
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Your right. There are curves but the way a Ferrari handles it could make an average driver look brilliant.
Or it can make a driver look like a total dumb ass. One name Eddie Griffith.

08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Haha!!!!

mojoreason
08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
You honestly think Norv Turner is an upgrade from Marty. Marty did not lose the game for you last year. Your players did. Dropped balls. Dumb penalties. Here is some facts for you that might change your mind throughout the season.

Norv Turner Record
Career regular season record: 58 - 82 - 1 (0.415)
Career postseason record: 1 - 1

Dude - don't go rehashing Marty Turdenheimer. Marty was a hack. I think you would be a much better coach than Marty.

And don't go stiring up dusty facts like those up there. This is a completely different scenario. Norv's offense is here and now he's back to massage it through. He CAN win a Superbowl - and even get there. Marty, on the other hand, is a HACK who probably should have went in to the dress sewing business instead of football.

And p.s. - the Chargers are not "my" team.

mojoreason
08-21-2007, 09:33 AM
7 years with the Redskins. That is more than enough to time to make a sorry team a good team. Out of those 7 years only 2 of them he had a winning record. I will admit that he is a great offensive coordinator but some people just weren't made to be head coaches and he is one of them.

And where is Washington now? Seriously, has anyone rooted for them since like the mid to late 80s? Uh, no. Washingtonians won't even root for 'em.

You can't compare apples to oranges. I mean, I know you could probably turn around the Redskins program in a couple of years with absolutely nothing ...

The Chargers are going to be a force to reckon with. Their D will get a lot of challenging situations that probably won't let them get on too far in the post-season unless they beef it up some. I mean - you can swap touchdowns all day but if the defense on the other team is whipping you, and your D is like SD's --- but whatever, I am sure you're on this already. :D

mr240
08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Facts are facts. You must be a closet Charger fan. You defend them like you are. Marty is a good coach unfortunately all the blame was put on him. To call him a HACK after leading a team to a 14-2 record is retarded. Who knows maybe Norv Turner will lead them to the Superbowl. But as the facts state, chances of that are very slim.

mojoreason
08-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Facts are facts. You must be a closet Charger fan. You defend them like you are. Marty is a good coach unfortunately all the blame was put on him. To call him a HACK after leading a team to a 14-2 record is retarded. Who knows maybe Norv Turner will lead them to the Superbowl. But as the facts state, chances of that are very slim.

i like you 240 - you're witty.

but facts being facts - Marty is a hack. it doesn't matter what his last record was, bro. he should be in a sweat shop making Nike hoodies in Burma.

and while i don't wish any ill-will on the Chargers, they're a good time and i live here - - i am by no means a "closet" fan. come by my house when the season starts & you'll see what i mean.

that being said - i am an avout hater of Marty ****tenheimer. i can't stand him. you know - there are people who just get on your nerves and never get out from underneath your skin. they just bug you. you don't even like watching 'em. i rooted for every team (even the god-forsaken Raiderettes) that played against ****tenheimer. i don't like the guy. never have - never will.

i am glad to see him out of my city. and i am glad for the part i played, whatever little it may have been to make sure management knew he was a POS.

so, who's your team 240?

mr240
08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Let me guess. Are you a Denver fan. As for my team. I have 2. One for each conference. They are the Niners and the Dolphins. They were my team since I was like 7 or 8 years old and I am 32 years old. So no one can call me a fairweather fan. I have been through the good times and the bad times. But I have not stopped cheering for the both of them. You can asked my friends that. I am a Niner fan because I was born in San Francisco and was one of the first team I saw when I was a kid. I have been a Dolphins fan since Superbowl XVII. My dad wanted the Redskins to win. So naturally I had to go for the opposite team which happened to be the Dolphins. And that is why I have 2 teams. Plus any team that the Chargers are playing, it could be the Raiders, Texans, etc...I am going for them to win.

GoTakuF1
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
If you hate the Chargers so much, why don't you move out of San Diego then!!! *takes off sarcastic conservative hat* :D

I liked Marty a lot but Norv is a better coach for the Chargers. Bring this thread back up after January and you'll see.

BTW, that's a lot of talk coming from a Niners and Dolphins fan. Booze will be your best friend this and many seasons to come my friend :p

BTW 2, the Raiders and Texans? Fine examples :px2

mr240
08-21-2007, 11:27 AM
If you hate the Chargers so much, why don't you move out of San Diego then!!! *takes off sarcastic conservative hat* :D

I liked Marty a lot but Norv is a better coach for the Chargers. Bring this thread back up after January and you'll see.

BTW, that's a lot of talk coming from a Niners and Dolphins fan. Booze will be your best friend this and many seasons to come my friend :p

BTW 2, the Raiders and Texans? Fine examples :px2
I just don't see how people can think Norv is going to be a coach than Marty. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see.

KT-150
08-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Let me guess. Are you a Denver fan. As for my team. I have 2. One for each conference. They are the Niners and the Dolphins. They were my team since I was like 7 or 8 years old and I am 32 years old. So no one can call me a fairweather fan. I have been through the good times and the bad times. But I have not stopped cheering for the both of them. You can asked my friends that. I am a Niner fan because I was born in San Francisco and was one of the first team I saw when I was a kid. I have been a Dolphins fan since Superbowl XVII. My dad wanted the Redskins to win. So naturally I had to go for the opposite team which happened to be the Dolphins. And that is why I have 2 teams. Plus any team that the Chargers are playing, it could be the Raiders, Texans, etc...I am going for them to win.

Wow! You really HATE the chargers dont you? I love the Chargers but I dont HATE any other team like you do. Well maybe now the Patriots. Ok, the raiders, too. Never mind. I do HATE other teams.:D

mr240
08-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow! You really HATE the chargers dont you? I love the Chargers but I dont HATE any other team like you do. Well maybe now the Patriots. Ok, the raiders, too. Never mind. I do HATE other teams.:D
There you are. Was wondering when you were going to join us. All we need now is Wanaleime to join...
If I had the money. I would buy every nfl team jersey except of course the chargers and where that teams jersey when they play the chargers. When I think about it, I don't even have a jersey of my 2 teams. LOL! Was never into the jersey thing.

Poacher
08-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I think Norv is going to be a great coach because he is more of a strategist, then a cheerleader, which I think this team needs this season..As for his track record with the Raiders and Redskins....Well, you just cant polish crap without stinking up the place!

....And theres something special about that Weddle kid!

GoTakuF1
08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
I think Norv is going to be a great coach because he is more of a strategist, then a cheerleader, which I think this team needs this season..As for his track record with the Raiders and Redskins....Well, you just cant polish crap without stinking up the place!

....And theres something special about that Weddle kid!

Well said, Phil! I'm waiting for my #32 jersey :D