PDA

View Full Version : Tank of the month

fishfinger
08-18-2007, 01:03 AM
What happened to updating that thing. I would like to enter my tank for the next time they do it.

JHAI4
08-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Good call "fishfinger"!

Please don't take offense but you need a few other tanks to run against. Therefore can I assist by nominating "Therapy's" tank to tank of the month poll as well.... Every time I see it it blows me away!

SDguy
08-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Good call "fishfinger"!

Please don't take offense but you need a few other tanks to run against. Therefore can I assist by nominating "Therapy's" tank to tank of the month poll as well.... Every time I see it it blows me away!

I will second that nomination!

fishfinger
08-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Good call "fishfinger"!

No offense taken . It's a fun and friendly competition. I was actually thinking that we should have two or more categories. Maybe 50 gals or more and 50 or less. Perhaps a 3 rd Nano category? maybe that is to much to deal with. Mine is 37gals now and I think it looks really good for a smaller size reef. I will take some new pics for your consideration.

afitzwater
08-18-2007, 02:31 PM
No offense taken . It's a fun and friendly competition. I was actually thinking that we should have two or more categories. Maybe 50 gals or more and 50 or less. Perhaps a 3 rd Nano category? maybe that is to much to deal with. Mine is 37gals now and I think it looks really good for a smaller size reef. I will take some new pics for your consideration.

Id love to see some pics

coral diver
08-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I would like to see someone help Dave Morris this is not an easy task anyone?

fishfinger
08-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Guess I need to hire somebody to come over and take some really GOOD quality pictures of my time in order to enter it in a TOTM contest. No matter what I do I cannot get a really nice looking set of pics they always come out poor and grainy no matter what settings i use. I need to get pics of the quality level of the current TOTM pics posted here of Darrel's tank.

Anyone want to come to my place in Clairemont some evening or on the weekend and do a photo shoot and then off laod them onto my Computor? I will pay you for your time if you can get some really good ones for me.

SDguy
08-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Actually, I think taking the pictures is the least time consuming aspect of TOTM :(

fishfinger
08-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Actually, I think taking the pictures is the least time consuming aspect of TOTM :(

It's not a time thing. I have time. I have taken dozens with my camera. It's the poor quality of them. I need an expert with a better camera than the one I have or something like that.

fishfinger
08-21-2007, 08:27 AM
This is about the best I can do so far. It just does not do the tank Justice at all . Everyone says it is really beautiful in real life but it just gets fuzzy and bleached out looking in most of the pics I take. http://i15.tinypic.com/4pckb34.jpg

SDguy
08-21-2007, 08:30 AM
It's not a time thing. I have time. I have taken dozens with my camera. It's the poor quality of them. I need an expert with a better camera than the one I have or something like that.

Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. I just meant that it's a time consuming thing for Dave to set up the whole TOTM, whether or not you supply him with pics, good or bad.

barometer
08-21-2007, 08:37 AM
I think the picture looks pretty good. It's hard to capture a reef in a photograph. What kind of camera are you using? The main thing that I see is getting the light to look less hot on the corals and rocks. PM me if you want, I might be able to help. :)

I love those purple shrooms. You wouldn't happen to have any floating around, would you? :rolleyes: ;)

fishfinger
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. I just meant that it's a time consuming thing for Dave to set up the whole TOTM, whether or not you supply him with pics, good or bad.

Oh I see. Yea I guess that does take time. Perhaps we could do a scaled down version where we all post our pics,. We vote and have a winner. Then we just leave his pic in the thread at the top and that's all there is to it. Nobody has to do anything then. Just a thought.

fishfinger
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I think the picture looks pretty good. It's hard to capture a reef in a photograph. What kind of camera are you using? The main thing that I see is getting the light to look less hot on the corals and rocks. PM me if you want, I might be able to help. :)

I love those purple shrooms. You wouldn't happen to have any floating around, would you? :rolleyes: ;)

Actually I did just have a nice one OF THE PURPLE SHROOMS drop off THE ROCK to the bottom of the tank the other day. He is free floating now I guess and ready to be sold of given to a good home? Maybe you could come over and help me with the photo taking nd I would give you a mushroom or two in exchange. How does that sound?

barometer
08-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Actually I did just have a nice one OF THE PURPLE SHROOMS drop off THE ROCK to the bottom of the tank the other day. He is free floating now I guess and ready to be sold of given to a good home? Maybe you could come over and help me with the photo taking nd I would give you a mushroom or two in exchange. How does that sound?

That sounds sweet! :D
Send me a PM, I don't know where you're located and I'm sure scheduling is gonna be interesting (I've got a 2 yr old and no babysitter right now :rolleyes: ). But I'm sure we can work something out. I'll bring my SLR camera :cool:

fishfinger
08-21-2007, 10:54 AM
That sounds sweet! :D
Send me a PM, I don't know where you're located and I'm sure scheduling is gonna be interesting (I've got a 2 yr old and no babysitter right now :rolleyes: ). But I'm sure we can work something out. I'll bring my SLR camera :cool:
PM sent