PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a dried out 6-line?

SDMike
10-11-2004, 10:38 PM
MF-er jumped out of the tank the other day...

He'd been surfing the drain to the sump a few times since Thurs PM. He'd gotten the green mesh e-ticket ride back up a few times, but he wanted his freedom worse than I knew.

What to do?

I'm thinking a 1" 6-line in a tank of 2.5-3" fish ain't such a good idea...

Thoughts on where to find a larger 6-line? Something else similar?

M

Trickman2
10-12-2004, 07:15 AM
What fish do you have in the tank?
My point is are advice is mute if we don't have enough information

SDMike
10-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Trickman2
What fish do you have in the tank?
My point is are advice is mute if we don't have enough information

I've got a ~2.5" LMB, a ~2.5" Royal Gramma, and a ~2.5-3" Maroon Clown.

(oh, and a 3/4" mantis somewhere in the tank...)

M

SanDiegoReefs
10-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SDMike
I've got a ~2.5" LMB

M

Large mouth bass??? Wow.

=]

-moore

SDMike
10-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by moore
Large mouth bass??? Wow.

=]

-moore

Had to train him special to get him to live in the reef!

D@mn! but that fish was expensive!

M

Trickman2
10-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah and we wonder why he jumped out, the large mouth bass and that clown are probably pretty teritorial. I would think that you should have added him last. So if you wanted to get a newbie in like a less aggresive wrasse then you probably need to remove those two and then add the wrasse and let him settle. Add the other two fish back in a week or two. THis way the new fish can gain his territory.

error
10-12-2004, 01:20 PM
The 4-line wrasse gets bigger than a 6-line by an inch (2-3" vs. 1-2"). I've seen a few big ones at AW. They're supposedly harder to find than the 6-line. Your royal gramma could be a problem. Basslets and wrasses shouldn't be together because they're similar in shape and temperment, but I could be wrong. Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

SDMike
10-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Trickman2
Yeah and we wonder why he jumped out, the large mouth bass and that clown are probably pretty teritorial. I would think that you should have added him last. So if you wanted to get a newbie in like a less aggresive wrasse then you probably need to remove those two and then add the wrasse and let him settle. Add the other two fish back in a week or two. THis way the new fish can gain his territory.

My guess is it ain't the clown. He's been toking it up too much... Shes's pretty mellow for a clown.

The RG on the other hand is an @sshat.

M

Trickman2
10-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Well either way, If you quaratine the Aggressive ones for a week while the other gets established you should be able to keep one for sure.

brahm
10-12-2004, 01:59 PM
mmm Wrassee jerkie, I had a flasher that jumped.. Mmmm Anenome food!

I sold one to Chap I think a while back.. He was a beast.

brahm
10-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Chap
Still is a Beast. Living large with 2 Triggers and a clam eating Naso (damn that sounds X rated) :D Another one of Brahm's Pit Bull trained fish!

...and I still have the Queen of all.. My Maroon. Morty.. Aka El Mor De Lon (don't know how to spell it) "The Finger Biter!)