PDA

View Full Version : mechanics wanted

Bickmade
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone know someone that can help with a engine swap on a 99 camry. My wifes car bent a rod :mad: and we figured we would buy a rebuilt motor and see if someone can put it in for us. Any help or information would be appreciated.

AJ

alex4angela
08-11-2007, 07:37 PM
May I ask where are you buying the rebuilt motor? It might be less expensive if you just have the original one rebuilt. I know a few places.

Redeye
08-11-2007, 07:45 PM
import engines are very cheap to get, more labor to rebuild usally

alex4angela
08-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Import engine's are very cheap but will they pass smog? And installing can be labor if you plan on installing it your self especially if you have not done it before. I know a few persons that own machine shops. They can rebuild and install for a decent price. But first of all I would call around and see what the price is on buying one that has already been rebuilt and what kind of warranty it comes with. Then check prices of what it would cost to have the original one rebuilt and third what it would cost for a shop to pull out the engine, rebuild the original and have it reinstalled. I can find out the price on a rebuild on Monday if you pm me the size of engine on the car. Things you want to keep in mind is price, warranty and the turn around time from drop off to pick up. LMK

GAD
08-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I can do it, all you gotta do is GO WITH HYM!

Bickmade
08-11-2007, 09:44 PM
GAD,

Do you accept payment in BMB?

Alex,

I want to get the engine from ebay http://www.promarengine.com/Home.asp. They look like a reputable company. I really didn't want to use the same block or have it rebuilt. That engine has done through some serious neglect and I just want to get rid of it and start off fresh (piston, crank, cams, etc). Thank you for the info. Message me when you get a chance.