PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustang

[G]h0s']['
10-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Anyone know when they are coming out? I keep hearing end of september and others tell me around november when they start advertising.

brahm
10-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by [G]h0s']['
Anyone know when they are coming out? I keep hearing end of september and others tell me around november when they start advertising.

bah all about the new camaros....er I wish.hopefully they will grow on me..cause I rember I hated the last gens, until 3 years in.

jetor
10-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by brahm
bah all about the new camaros....er I wish.hopefully they will grow on me..cause I rember I hated the last gens, until 3 years in.

Brahm,

I was the same way at first then they seem to grow on you. I like the fact that they will be coming with 300hp stock off the lot. Time will tell on the looks though.....looking forward to what the aftermarket can do with them.

[G]h0s']['
10-10-2004, 07:56 PM
I've been lookin at this car over a year or so ago. Now that itz around the corner, I cant get a definite answer to when they come out. I really dont wanna pre order until I sit in one. ;)

[G]h0s']['
10-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey monkey, your inbox is full (as usual). I wanna send u a link to a possible acan? I may be mistaken since u n marlo seem to be the acan-I'll-sell-my-left-nut-for-them fanatics.

brahm
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey monkey, your inbox is full (as usual). I wanna send u a link to a possible acan? I may be mistaken since u n marlo seem to be the acan-I'll-sell-my-left-nut-for-them fanatics.

my box be empty.

[G]h0s']['
10-10-2004, 10:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=4330015756&rd=1

i pasted it here cuz yer box is still full. maybe more hate mail? lol, monkey.

brahm
10-10-2004, 10:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=4330015756&rd=1

i pasted it here cuz yer box is still full. maybe more hate mail? lol, monkey.

Sweet thanks man!! Tis.. Sold! May have just been a frag..but..lol...me want me want!!

[G]h0s']['
10-10-2004, 11:11 PM
U know, there's still time for help for acan addicts. 1-800-no-acans. damnit brizahm, this thread is for the mustang. So anyone know exact day when this car comes out? thx in advance.

kaisersoza
10-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Ghost, I called Bob Baker Ford in Mission Valley. They are anticipating the first ones on the lot in December. BUT they are taking names because there is a waiting list. Personally, I would pass on the Mustang and wait to see if Chevy builds the new Camaro. Mustangs are SLOW!

JeromeBaker
10-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Looks kind of like your '68 Aaron.

kaisersoza
10-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah, that's what I like about it. Mine is a 67 though. You could say that if Chevrolet came out with this retro one then they would be doing exactly what Ford is doing with the 2005 Mustang. However, Chevy did the same thing in 67 to compete with Ford's mustang and ended up blowing them away.

kaisersoza
10-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it was done by a 19 yr old kid named Kris Horton. He did a rendering for me when I was building my car about a year ago and I've stayed in touch with him. Last time I talked to him he said that GM had approached him about his designs. Not much would make me sell my car but if GM makes this, I may reconsider.

brahm
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by kaisersoza
Yeah, it was done by a 19 yr old kid named Kris Horton. He did a rendering for me when I was building my car about a year ago and I've stayed in touch with him. Last time I talked to him he said that GM had approached him about his designs. Not much would make me sell my car but if GM makes this, I may reconsider.

what don't be crazy!!

I can't wait to get the new body style camero sitting next to my 1st Gen.. of which i need to start wreching on.. I miss driving that thing..

kaisersoza
10-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Brahm,
I'll help you in anyway I can. Right now these damn C5 brakes are driving me crazy, I've been working on them for like 4 weeks straight :mad:

brahm
10-11-2004, 12:44 PM
it's funny I always think i'm just a few hours of wreching away from getting it running, and then once i start thinking about all the problems coming flooding back into my head..but basically i'd just need an extra hand a bigger jack cause mine can't lift the car high enough to get the tranny out from under it.

kaisersoza
10-11-2004, 01:14 PM
The best thing to do is to go to Sears and buy the hydralic SUV jack. It has a higher lift than most jacks

brahm
10-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kaisersoza
The best thing to do is to go to Sears and buy the hydralic SUV jack. It has a higher lift than most jacks

if i'm going to buy a jack.. I want ot head down to habour frieght they have the industrail ones for a little over a hundred and can lift your car up a few feet.

[G]h0s']['
10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Thatz a nice concept car for the camaro, Kaizer. The problem for me is that my truck is on its last cylinder and Im gonna need a ride pretty soon. The mustang starts at only 20K base and it's the only ride I see out there that would interest me. I've test driven some cars and the closest one that I felt I would buy was the Infinity G35. But since I've waited almost a couple years since I saw the mustang 2005 model online, I thought maybe I should wait on it. Tell me, is there a camaro actually gonna come out within a year that will compete with the mustang? If so, link me please. Oh, BTW, it was nice to meet ya at OG, even though if it were only for a second, Kaiser. :)

[G]h0s']['
10-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Welp. My truck broke down today, but I need her back up n running. Paid $760 for new control arm, labor, align, etc. Damn. Talk about bad timing. Anyhow, I put a deposit for a 2005 mustang this evening. Hopefully comes in within 2 weeks. I have to admit, the concept car looks better. heh heh. I've read mustang boards and articles on it, so far, I havent seen any significant negatives. I know they are new, but anyone else hear anything about em?

brahm
10-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Welp. My truck broke down today, but I need her back up n running. Paid $760 for new control arm, labor, align, etc. Damn. Talk about bad timing. Anyhow, I put a deposit for a 2005 mustang this evening. Hopefully comes in within 2 weeks. I have to admit, the concept car looks better. heh heh. I've read mustang boards and articles on it, so far, I havent seen any significant negatives. I know they are new, but anyone else hear anything about em?

nice congrats..When we putting the super charger on it?

[G]h0s']['
10-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Heh heh. Letz see how her v8 handles first, monkey. Dude, the shelby is super nice, but I can imagine what it would go for.

brahm
10-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Heh heh. Letz see how her v8 handles first, monkey. Dude, the shelby is super nice, but I can imagine what it would go for.

hey man, I need to swing you a pic. I got this crazy wierd coral that looks like an acro got into an accident with a monti.. I can't id it for the life of me.

[G]h0s']['
10-29-2004, 09:38 PM
send it, im not sure if i can id it, but ill research. ;)

jetor
10-30-2004, 06:19 AM

It is somewhere around $80K

We just bought a G35 coupe for the wife (traded in the 01 stang, man I must love her) and it is a really nice ride.

[G]h0s']['
10-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Heck, yea. I test drove an Infiniti G35. Power, handling, nice interior, and it looks sweet! I've researched on the web on peoples' input on the G35, pretty much all positives. You can even fit 200+ lb people in the back (my brother) and they sit comfortably...and this is a coupe!

tom@kartboy.com
10-30-2004, 03:15 PM
i got one of these for sale
http://allwheelengineering.com/x/EVO/DSC_1300.jpg

puts down a little over 300WHP AWD
:)

Tom

brahm
10-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by tom@kartboy.com
i got one of these for sale
http://allwheelengineering.com/x/EVO/DSC_1300.jpg

puts down a little over 300WHP AWD
:)

Tom

trade u for a chevy truck

jetor
10-31-2004, 06:19 AM
Heck, yea. I test drove an Infiniti G35. Power, handling, nice interior, and it looks sweet! I've researched on the web on peoples' input on the G35, pretty much all positives. You can even fit 200+ lb people in the back (my brother) and they sit comfortably...and this is a coupe!

We love the car, to top it off the service dept at Discover Infinity is incredible. I am by far impressed that when you get a loaner you get a compareable Infinity to what you have not a Toyota Corolla like Mercedes gives their customers. If there was one thing I would change it would be the clutch as it is very sensative to the point I am worried about staling it (I don't drive it everyday either).

REEFWAVE
10-31-2004, 06:35 AM
i want a 68 mustang......

jetor
10-31-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by REEFWAVE
i want a 68 mustang......

If I ever get another old stang (I had a '69) it would be a '67 or '68 fastback with alot of modern tech in it, can you say Eleanor...

REEFWAVE
10-31-2004, 08:05 AM
yeah, that is not to bad at all..:D

[G]h0s']['
10-31-2004, 09:07 AM
Man, thatz a beaut!

lucubrator
10-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Jetor- which MB are you going to? Escondido gives you the choice of a c230k or the ml320. You know, though, if you're looking for something sporty, skip the evo; the new loti are hitting our shores.

brahm
10-31-2004, 12:35 PM
that thing has been total raped. I prefer a stock boss

jetor
10-31-2004, 02:09 PM
that thing has been total raped. I prefer a stock boss

Depends on which Boss (302, 351, 429)........this car is supposed to be raped it all about classic muscle car flair with modern tech....a true "driver" that could even daily drive comfortably and look sweet the whole way to work...... :)

jetor
10-31-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by lucubrator
Jetor- which MB are you going to? Escondido gives you the choice of a c230k or the ml320. You know, though, if you're looking for something sporty, skip the evo; the new loti are hitting our shores.

Not going to any.......I know several people who own MB's and that is per them.....not sure what dealer though.......here is my take though.....if your car is in the shop under warranty you should get model for model on a loaner......if I am paying $40K or more on a car and something goes wrong I want another $40K car as a loaner not some POS Focus or Corolla. I am still making the payments on my $40K car while driving a 15K car around right? Enough of my whining......I just think most dealers and the manufacturer could do better........but hey I love Infinity's policy on this subject

brahm
10-31-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jetor
Depends on which Boss (302, 351, 429)........this car is supposed to be raped it all about classic muscle car flair with modern tech....a true "driver" that could even daily drive comfortably and look sweet the whole way to work...... :)

I'm all for a streetable old car, that you can drive every day.. I've had plenty but they totaly destroyed the look on this car..

I mean throwin some 18" morden wheels..nice touch.. cleaner interior w/modern comforts.. I can go for that.. but those UGLY body panels, and that HIDIOUS attempt to put HID's in the front. Just make the car look AWFUL to me.

Look at the upper right picture.. That car sits ugly, the skirst give it this "i have a body kit" look, they ruined the lines of the car.. sorry, but this is a mustang done modern style.. CORRECTLY

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0308phr_mustang02_z.jpg

johnc
10-31-2004, 07:35 PM
perry ford has the mustangs out. pretty cool but sonn everyone will have one.

you gotta go to the carlsbad mercedes dealer. the san diego one sucks and gives you crap cars. my friends boss got a neon loaner for his sl55, he complained until they upped him to a taurus. and the escondido one sucks because they always act like you cant afford the car. i always drive up to carlsbad and its often cause our benz breaks a lot!

jetor
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm all for a streetable old car, that you can drive every day.. I've had plenty but they totaly destroyed the look on this car..

but this is a mustang done modern style.. CORRECTLY

To each his own but I will say that 69 Boss is sweeeeeet!!