PDA

View Full Version : Thanks crstjohn for saving my tank

pk-sd
08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Rick I wanted to thank you for saving my tank last night.

I was on vacation with the family when one of my light bulb’s connection overheated and tripped the GFI outlet; thus shutting down the whole tank. Rick was kind enough to come over and isolate the problem and reset my GFI.

Thanks again Rick !!! I owe you one !!!

PK

DaChrisDude
08-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Rick's a great guy. Kudos to Rick!

Redeye
08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Did rick have a 6th sense? How did he know it tripped?:)

Good save Rick!

pk-sd
08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Did rick have a 6th sense? How did he know it tripped?:)

Good save Rick!

My father-in-law went to the house to feed the fish and water the plants and noticed everything was shutdown.

rollinghead
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I second the motion, Rick has always been great to me too!

crstjohn
08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Ah shucks, tanks for all the kind words, PK it was my pleasure and no problem at all. Next we need to work on all those cords:) I think we should all have one or two experienced reefers in our immediate area on notice if we leave our tanks in the hands of someone that can only open the hood and shake some food inside. Too much at stake. I'm glad I was able to help PK.

pk-sd
08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Ah shucks, tanks for all the kind words, PK it was my pleasure and no problem at all. Next we need to work on all those cords:) I think we should all have one or two experienced reefers in our immediate area on notice if we leave our tanks in the hands of someone that can only open the hood and shake some food inside. Too much at stake. I'm glad I was able to help PK.

I agree, we all need to have emergency tank buddies. I am willing to volunteer for 2-3 people close to me so that I can get there quickly when needed. Let me know if interested.

Rick, yes I do need to manage 20+ different cords better. What you saw was after I had cleaned-up a bit.:eek:

Going to order another 36" power strip today. Hopefully that would make a difference.