PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on B*nds

swissfish
08-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, he did it today. Your thoughts?

I think he is a huge A hole but even with roids it is an accomplishment and I have to tip my hat.

convict
08-04-2007, 06:56 PM
It is an accomplishment, but the guy is a royal P-ric. He cares nothing for anyone but himself. It does not really mean much to me. He will probably get it stripped when he finally gets busted, just like Pete Rose.

coral diver
08-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Like you said its an accomplishment the quetion is was it done right :eek: or wrong :mad: ?????? by the i way dig your avatar Blaine :cool:

convict
08-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks, It was originally used on one of Molly Hatchet's album covers (I cant think of the artist), but it is the same design that is used by my unit. The KnightRiders

swissfish
08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks, It was originally used on one of Molly Hatchet's album covers (I cant think of the artist), but it is the same design that is used by my unit. The KnightRiders

You must be a Haselhoff :D

convict
08-04-2007, 07:33 PM
You can call me David :D

SolRo
08-05-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't realy think it's an accomplishment...I mean, if you cheat on a test and get 100%, is that realy any kind of accomplishment?

Jas0863
08-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, it's an accomplishment which will be forever tarnished and he will not get the respect as Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and others not just for suspicious steroid use but merely for his selfish attitude. He seems to have forgotten that it's the fans and fellow players that have allowed him that platform.

JD7
08-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah, he tied the record against us :mad: ... so what? What matters is that we WON the game! :p And better yet, a native San Diegan has the ball! :D Damn! If it were me who caught that ball... do you know how much reef stuff I could buy after I sold it? :eek: All my reef dreams would come true... and then some!!! :rolleyes:

Techknowledgy
08-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Bonds Sucks. This is no accomplishment. It is just stats. He isn't fit to tie Hank's shoes. He can quit the game tomorrow and it would not matter to me at all..... just hope he takes Vick with him. My kids, and all of us, deserve better sports heroes. What the hell ever happened to Honor?

convict
08-05-2007, 07:56 AM
That was my whole point when I said it was just an accomplishment. There is no glory and no honor in getting to that accomplishment through illegal means. Everyone knows that.

Does everyone remember when McGwire hit his 70th in a season and broke Roger Maris' single season record? Most people who were not cardinals fans were routing for him and wanting to watch him get his record breaker. I remember where I was and getting to watch that shot. It was a special moment that I felt that I shared with him. He had a great personality and the fans loved him. Was anyone doing the same for Bonds. The answer is simple: NO.

I would not have known that Bonds just hit that shot last night if it wasn't for the post on here because I just did not care for the guy or his attitude. Plus the fact that it was done by illegal means. But the argument was that McGwire used steroids too. It did not matter because people loved him. It all comes down to the fact that Bonds has shunned the press and shunned the fans and thinks that he is that much better than everyone else.

marineman1978
08-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I believe it is an accomplishment. The guy may be a prick but just imagine if you were in his shoes, with all the media and haters. How can you live a normal life. This guy was playing baseball before some of us were born. Like pete rose, he did what he did but he was still a great player. If it wasnt an accomplishment no one would care who caught the ball and this post wouldnt even exist. just my opinion. bonds is a a-hole ( i'll agree with that)

davocean
08-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah, no special praise coming from me, it was a cheated acomplishment.
Blaine, I was going to comment on that avatar as well, very cool!
Frank Frazetta is the artist, "Death Dealer" is the name of the print, I had that on my wall for years.

Redeye
08-05-2007, 08:29 AM
It's sad...he was really into his fish too:)

Honor in sports went out the window when the money came in, been like this for YEARS

davocean
08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I personally would like to see a seperate league, where steroids are mandatory!
Extreme baseball!
Change the rules a little, where you can throw the ball at the runner to knock him out, you know , stuff like that.
Now that would be a fun game to watch!

convict
08-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I personally love playing baseball, but I suck! Anyway, I know these guys have a lot of pressure on them and dont always get along with the media, but if you are getting paid big bucks, then part of your pay should be for dealing with the general public. That is one of the reasons they have the saying "the price of fame". Get used to it, or dont do it. Change jobs, whatever. But if you bite the hand that feeds you, then expect to be put outside and have your nose shoved in sh*t.

demetriustracy
08-05-2007, 09:26 AM
What if he did not take roids? That would really suck for the rest of his life knowing that he worked hard and had his character tested. I belive that he took roids that weren't classified as illegal yet. That is the one loophole. I would feel disgusted if I were the Babe or Hank Aaron. Alot of players take roids today, they are just not breaking all time records. I do not think that he would have had as long a career or any records without the "hidden roids".

convict
08-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Innocent until proven guilty in the courts, but in the press and the general public it is guilty until proven innocent. We all know this. I think the main reason so many people think he did it is because no one likes the guy. We, the people want someone we can relate to and look up to. We want the good guy to win, the most likable, the friendly guy to achieve great things because we can see ourselves in them. That is why so many of us like underdog movies. No one wants to see big guy beat the hell out of the 90 lb weakling. We want to see the 90lb weakling beat the crap our of the big guy. It is not really weather or not he took roids but how he comes across in our eye. I say guilty and may he never get into the hall of fame.

Redeye
08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
There are only two reasons your head continues to grow

A: you have the same disease Andrea the Giant had
B: Human growth hormones

He was chill in person

convict
08-05-2007, 09:47 AM
At first I thought you were talking about ego. I thought he had Charlie Brown Syndrome.

h20poloman
08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
First off, it hard to compare players of one decade to another and especially baseball where ballparks have changed, balls and bats have changed, etc. We've seen more homeruns even though pitching has supposedly gotten better. To say Barry Bonds sucks is a moronic statement. The guy has the most MVP awards of all time by far. You don't have to like him as his history with the media has been brutal for quite some time.
I don't think anything that allows athletes to perform at the top of their game longer, recover from injuries faster, etc., is ever going to go away. There is just too much money at stake in the majority of all professional sports. Who is to say the guys that broke the records way back when where not on something?? We just didn't test back then and medical discovery was not where it is today supposedly? I'm not saying steroids or anything else to help with strength and recovery time are a good thing but I have a hard time believing you are ever going to eliminate anything of that nature for any sport. I'm sure the MLB was not too worried when all the single season homerun records where in the process of being beat and having all the sold out games. Just like now...up through yesterday any team facing the Giants had sold out through 24 games. The MLB knew about this issue for years but didn't get involved until the media jumped on it so heavily. I am a Giants fan and have my own mixed feelings about Bonds because of what has been presented to us through different media outlets. However, he has not been convicted of anything. He is definitely the greatest power hitter I've ever seen play the game in my lifetime, no doubt.

swissfish
08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
First off, it hard to compare players of one decade to another and especially baseball where ballparks have changed, balls and bats have changed, etc. We've seen more homeruns even though pitching has supposedly gotten better..

I agree with that, but it is easy to compare ones team spirit anch character.

However, he has not been convicted of anything. He is definitely the greatest power hitter I've ever seen play the game in my lifetime, no doubt.

I think only 1% of Baseball player that used doping will ever get convicted, because Baseball doesen't care what they use, as long as they bring in the $$$$$$$$$. I think he would have been a great hitter even without Juice.