PDA

View Full Version : WanaLeime's tank

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 01:46 PM
with my big bro's best friend out to sea it's up to me to do the water changes and some monthly maintenance. he won't be able to see his tank for several months so i've got a ton of pics for him. in other words, don't be surprised when i post over 20 pics.

OK here you go Dennis... your latest progress report.

over all it's lookin good.

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 01:48 PM
i finally got a piece of my fav coral from your tank. since i moved the frogspawn and hammer your pagoda was happy again. with no one stinging it the colony was looking good. i took one long piece that'll i'll make into two or three frags.

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 01:49 PM
these shrooms are looking sooo cool. i remember when you only had 2x96 and they were huge and sorta brownish purple. they look great now with all kinds of colors.

MrKrispy
10-06-2004, 01:50 PM
nice shots. Did you use a dremel to frag that? Very clean line.

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 01:54 PM
your blue/purple colony looks good too.

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 01:56 PM
here it is with the lights off. i think it's cool that they get so much sun light.

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 01:56 PM
i think that's why the palythoa, even way down there, is so bright green.

MarLooney
10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MrKrispy
nice shots. Did you use a dremel to frag that? Very clean line.

yup, my favorite tool (http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2545&highlight=tool). :D

WanaLeime
10-09-2004, 04:16 AM
thanks LiL Bro,
Appreciate you taking care of my tank while i'm away.

MarLooney
10-09-2004, 02:30 PM
your sinularia is growing like maddness. :D i'll let it go as long as it's not bothering any neighboring corals. if anyone wants to buy one of these i've got two large colonies i can sell... as well as a couple frags.

MarLooney
10-09-2004, 02:35 PM
this is what i was the most impressed with. these mofos took off!!! note this rock started as a combo rock with about 9 diff types of zoos... most only single polyps. i think at the most i may have had 3polyps of one type. only 4 types are left but it has phreakin exploded with new growth on two of 'em.

now that i'm pretty confident your tank loves zoos i'm going to be putting a lot more in there. i just made a bunch of frags from my 10gal Tank Away From Home that i'll be putting in your tank Den. in addition to those you'll get a bunch of zoos from my own tanks. this rock is just about full... i'll break it into pieces when i do the next water change.

MarLooney
10-09-2004, 02:36 PM
treylane... weren't you looking to buy a frag of these at one point?

MarLooney
10-09-2004, 02:37 PM
these have been the fastest growing zoos in any tank i've put them in.

MarLooney
10-09-2004, 02:39 PM
your devil's hand is growing good and looks really healthy... but it's still at that funy angle you epoxied it at. it looks like it'll attach to another rock soon and probably straighten up after that.

MarLooney
10-09-2004, 02:40 PM
and it's having a baby! if it doesn't fall off i'll cut if off next time i gotta do a water change.

colindoug3
10-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by MarLooney
your devil's hand is growing good and looks really healthy... but it's still at that funy angle you epoxied it at. it looks like it'll attach to another rock soon and probably straighten up after that.
my devils hand doesnt have little polyps like this. do i need more light? less flow?

WanaLeime
10-17-2004, 08:10 PM
What type of lighting do have? how big a tank? Although most leathers dont demand too much lighting, but it dosent hurt to have excellent lighting. My toadstool did very well under 96watt PCs (leather placed near the top) it split into three, and grew over 75%. After adding another set of 96watts (total 192watts) the devils hand and Zoo's took off. Position is also key, try moving him around and find a spot that he likes. As far as flow, I got pretty good flow in my 75gal tall. I got a squid powered by a rio 2500 and 2 other power heads near the bottom of the tank. Chemicals i use are just calcium/alakline and REEF plus. I beleive my FUGE and macro alge has a lot to do with why my leathers and shrooms are thriving. Hey "Miricle Mud" is working for me. My fuge is 20gals. hope this helps.

MarLooney
10-18-2004, 09:11 PM
i just added 9 zoo frags, 1 shroom returned, & a monti digi on sunday. here's more from when i did the water change. your frogspawn is looking good...

MarLooney
10-18-2004, 09:15 PM
and it's got a bunch of babies.

MarLooney
10-18-2004, 09:16 PM
idunno why... but this guy bleached out.

oh & about flow... uhh... you don't got as much flow as you think. i needa work on that. =T

MarLooney
10-18-2004, 09:18 PM
your fish look OK...

MarLooney
10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
your xenia is growing like a weed... i'll trim next time i do a water change.

WanaLeime
10-19-2004, 03:37 AM
right on.....sounds good bro, there should be plenty of flow...Ive tried to add more flow before with more power heads, but the corals didnt like it...they didnt open as much or as big.

MarLooney
10-19-2004, 08:45 PM
i needa clean out your skimmer & get that working at full power again. i'm not sure if that pump in the back works, and you know the fulval is offline. i'll get all those working before i leave the next water change. i might put another pump up towards the top too. some of your leathers looked like they could've used more flow the last time i was there. did they ever get your RO working?

check this pic out... one of my fav. once again this shows just how much light you tank gets from outside.

MarLooney
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
it looked so good that... wham! i cut it off. HAHA :D.

MarLooney
10-19-2004, 08:48 PM
your other stalk is healing nicely though... so i'm not worried. i won't touch the last stalk. gonna let that one grow.

MarLooney
10-19-2004, 08:50 PM
super reds looking as good as ever. http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

MarLooney
10-19-2004, 08:51 PM
these guys look like crap but are actually spreading... go fig...

MarLooney
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
here's the last until the next water change...

green zoos taking off. i'll prolly steal a few of these next time. that xenia is really threatening to take over it though. i gotta keep it in check.

WanaLeime
10-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Not too bad for a tank thats basically running by it self....Other than your monthly check-up...thanks again MARLO. The R.O. unit I beleive its up and runnin' again. Cant wait to start on my new tank though. Hey, is there a new SHOP in SD? I was reading one of your threads and it sounded like there is a new Phish Store on Convoy...tight!

MarLooney
10-20-2004, 10:19 AM
yeah, it's pretty well established so it pretty much just handles itself. i'll get it skimming though next time. i hope all the zoos i put in there made it... i didn't have much epoxy... i'm afraid some might've got knocked off the rocks.

for more on that store click here (http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2774). it's a new place by the former owners of Reef Collection. i haven't been there yet, but i hear it's really nice. and if it's anything like Reef Collection was then i don't doubt it.

WanaLeime
10-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Yeah, thats the thread i read. thats cool, reef collection was pretty decent place. Let me know if the skimmer doesnt work. I had to silicone the motor to the body cause there was a small leak, but it was working fiine. If not, o well....