PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Goldfish

obarrera
07-19-2007, 09:13 PM
*** is this dude doing?
It's my sisters fish, im taking care of it, I've seen him do this before, but now that I have him with me I was just curious why it does this.LMAO
Incase you can't tell by the pic, he is floating with his belly up.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/obarrera/CRAZYFISH.jpg

Spsniper
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
This happened to my sister. I think you fed it to much food. hahahaha. Stoopid goldfish. I'll call my sister to see what she did to get the poor thing rightside up.

obarrera
07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
LMAO, I've told my sister not to feed him that much, I told her I wasn't gonna feed him like she does, but she was like "feed him, I don't want him to die", so I've been feeding the damn thing.

Should I not feed him tommorow?
Or should I give him some pepto bismol? haha

Spsniper
07-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Alright here's the scoop. If you have peas you should soak some in water till they thaw out and squeeze the pea out of the skin and feed it to the fish (no skin just the pea) If you don't have peas you can use some lettuce but peas works out better. HTH

johnc
07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
try feeding it some shelled peas, the ones that comes frozen. they get into some problems when they are fed mostly floating foods, i used to presoak all my goldfish pellets. if it croaks you can always get a replacement from goldfish world before she gets home.

obarrera
07-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info.

I don't think I have any peas, but I'll feed him some lettuce tommorow, and I'll tell my sister to feed it peas, and not to feed him so friggen much.

I hope I won't have to replace him.lol

dt90gt
07-19-2007, 09:47 PM
haha too funny. That's the problem with goldfish, they are bred for silly bubble eyes and 8 tails, but the retardation factor comes in when you breed mutations!

RussM
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Used to happen to me periodically when I had fancies... damn things are pigs. They should be fed tiny amounts several times daily.

It's probably just constipated if it doesn't show any other signs of distress. Don't feed it anything for a day. If the problem doesn't resolve, then try the a skinned pea or two. Also... what's the water temp? If less than 75F, bring it slowly up to 75-76.... warmer water helps their digestion and metabolism.

iVgOnMaD
07-20-2007, 12:22 AM
those fish have many genetic problems due to the shape their back has been bred to, their spine is sqished into a small body that isnt even big enough to fit the fishes organs correctly so you see many problems with buoyancy because gall bladders get over compressed or cant expand, its sad

Noob
07-20-2007, 01:41 AM
he just got done droppin a deuce bro, that fool is hella chillen right now.....i know i would after firing off a missile..

MVEED3
07-20-2007, 06:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

I have a friend that used to grow those things to monstrous proportions. He had a few that experienced the same thing. After researching, he found that gulping floating foods pulls in and traps air into their digestive sytem. Peas are used to force this air out, sort of like how beans work for us. He showed me a fish that was pooping out a pea it ate earlier. It was a string of poop with random bubbles throughout. Once all the air comes out, the fish goes right-side-up.

Allen

Redeye
07-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Swim bladder issues, usally caused by some constipation