PDA

View Full Version : biodeversity..

bler
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
heres an article on biodeveristy and how diverse ecosystems are slowly collapsing due to human interaction..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3667300.stm

personally, I believe that yes we ARE ruining diverse ecosystems and bringing them down to the few that are able to survive in the enviorment we are pushing on them rather then their own natural enviroment..

BUT, what happens when it all runs out, and there are only a few species alive on the world... suddenly those few species die off due to lack of alot of things..

and then what happens ? life continues on, and diversifies itself again (over a long period of time)

anyone who says we are going to ruin the world, or blow it up is right in theory, but fact is... earth has been around a LONG time, and even if we nuked the crap out of it, the world would rebuild and house life again..

people fail to realize that ****sapiens are only a blink of the eye in the life of our planet.. and to believe that we can ruin this planet FOREVER are crazy.. to ruin it for a short period of time (enough to kill off our race) is definatley feasable..

just my $0.02

brahm
10-05-2004, 07:07 PM
after we die.. it will slowly rebuild.

SDRotary
10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
So true. The world has been almost naturally nuked who knows how many times by asst sized asteroids like the one that left a 1 mi wide crater in AZ. I totally agree it will evolve again and cockroaches and reptiles will be the few that make it on with spores, bacteria and molds:eek: It will probably be really nice again once were gone. Sucks.