PDA

View Full Version : My horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day

malachai629
07-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I opted to try and shake off the appalling events of the past few days ( a drenched TREO and a separate incident requiring a $400 visit by the Electician - after 3 days of being without power in most of my home) with a delicious cup of iced vanilla latte, hoping that at some point, if I consumed enough crack, I might be able to make myself useful and productive rather than spend another day reading in the dark.

So then. I'm about 3 sips into my little peice of heaven (I use a straw of course, to prevent the staining of my teeth) when something small and pulpy finds its way into my mouth.

I am instantly horrified - remove said object in slow motion from my mouth - and it is, of course, a *expletive deleted* fly. A nasty, filthy, disease ridden (albeit tasty) fly. The same ones that hang out in the neighbors rotting garbage. It was in my mouth. My mouth!!!!

Does anybody have anything with which I might hang myself???

Anybody wanna make out?
Not necessarily at the same time . . . although . . .

SDguy
07-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Gross.

How's your tank with 3 days of no electricity?

Big Brother
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
i was about to ask the same question

Spsniper
07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Sure, lets make out. You're looking "fly":D Just kidding....
I have a younger brother that took a swig of his chocolate milk, swished it in his mouth and felt a clump which he thought was just a clump of chocolate. He stuck his finger in his mouth and pulled out the fatest roach I've ever seen. I laughed my ass off. Still am to this day.

BigAir
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Anybody wanna make out?

Sure, I like the sound of that.:p Don't worry, I'll stop pulling on the rope before the blood flow stops.:D

Seriously though...
Sorry to hear about the bad day, hope it gets better. Better a fly, than a bottle of stout that a friend spit his chaw into thinking it was his almost empty one.

tiznanya
07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
So last week my friend's flight got delayed for 4 hours. She then accidentally left her PSP on the plane, and came home to wash her cell phone in the laundry - which had 900+ phone numbers stored in it.

Well, I know that probably doesn't do anything to help you out, but we all have our share of bad days. Then, there's always tomorrow...:rolleyes:

malachai629
07-10-2007, 11:31 AM
At least the chaw doesn't hang out on fecal matter. But, at least it wasn;t a roach. I think I'd have to commit myself had it been a roach.

The tank is fine, it's on the part of the house that's still running. What's killing me is that my computer is down. I am dead in the water and I was really desparate to reurn to work after the2 week debauchle surrounding the 4th of July. And not having my cell at the same time is just cruel.

Why, God??? WHY???

With my tank, I think all it would need is the heater . . . it's big enough and sparsely pop'd enough, and gets enough nat light, that it just might make it through a 3 day disaster such as this. We had to reroute the fridge though.

Techknowledgy
07-10-2007, 12:09 PM

Anybody wanna make out?

Now that is an interesting post. Yes I do, but that is a terrible way to go.
The second part, well........ do you have any mouthwash? I am not into flys (or roaches or other crawley thingies....!)

Hope your days get better. We have to have them to discover how wonderful it is all of the rest of the time!

iVgOnMaD
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey dont worry so much have you seen that show "Man vs Wild"? He eats roaches, flies, and all kinds of nasty stuff. He even squeezes the water from elephant poop and drinks it. :eek:

Its just protein anyways :p

Techknowledgy
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Go for it Ivan. There are just some things that are food.... and there are some things that food eats..... and there are some things that I just won't eat. Starvation is always an option!

coral diver
07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
well stacy lets put it this way your not the only one who had fly for breakfast accidentally the good thing is i'm still alive as a proof that it not that bad keep your head up and look into a nicer tomorrow

Nick_Kun
07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
vomit.....bleh...

CNCreefer
07-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Several years ago I was chugging on a quart of beer, and I felt something solid in my mouth. I spit it out and it was a roach! I thought I was gonna puke. Another time I was drinking a beer (in a can) and it was full of cigarette butts. Someone thought my beer was an ashtray. That was even worse than the roach. Needless to say, I no longer drink beer or any other alcoholic beverage.
There was a burrito shop near where I used to live in Vista. I went in there to order a carne asada burrito, went home, set burrito on counter, used bathroom, came out, and there was maggots crawling out of the bag. And there was a big "A" in the window too. GRRRR well my dog ate well that day.
While riding motorcycles, I have swallowed many, many bugs. I had to pick them from my teeth. The best one was some moth or something, all nice and chewy with a cream filling :)
Just think... In the stone age days, people used to eat anything they could find to survive. Even maggots.

pirate2876
07-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Several years ago I was chugging on a quart of beer, and I felt something solid in my mouth. I spit it out and it was a roach! I thought I was gonna puke. Another time I was drinking a beer (in a can) and it was full of cigarette butts. Someone thought my beer was an ashtray. That was even worse than the roach. Needless to say, I no longer drink beer or any other alcoholic beverage.
There was a burrito shop near where I used to live in Vista. I went in there to order a carne asada burrito, went home, set burrito on counter, used bathroom, came out, and there was maggots crawling out of the bag. And there was a big "A" in the window too. GRRRR well my dog ate well that day.
While riding motorcycles, I have swallowed many, many bugs. I had to pick them from my teeth. The best one was some moth or something, all nice and chewy with a cream filling :)
Just think... In the stone age days, people used to eat anything they could find to survive. Even maggots.

which burrito shop.im avoiding that place for life..

CNCreefer
07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
It was on S. Santa Fe just south of California Ave. in Vista. I'm not even sure it's still there now. Didn't they widen that road a while back?

CruiseX
07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Needless to say, I no longer drink beer or any other alcoholic beverage.

:eek: Now that is a serious life choice...

However Corona does have the highest urine content of any beer on the market - crazy mexicans:D

SDguy
07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
:eek: Now that is a serious life choice...

No kidding :eek: :eek:

I'd have to stop doing laundry since I found a roach in a washing machine one time ;)

Oh and forget about bathing :D

loose-electron
07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Food Horror Stories - We all got em -

I was in UCSF Hospital for surgery. Dinner arrives one night.
(Hospital food ick!)
I take the metal cover off the food. A cockroach runs out across the tray.
***!!!
Grab an empty water cup and plop it over the little critter, let him crawl up the inside wall of the cup, flip the cup over, and snap the lid on top.

Instant hospital pet!!!!

Stacy - whats the deal on the electricity? If you need help with it, let me know, I am a rocks throw from OB.

malachai629
07-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey dont worry so much have you seen that show "Man vs Wild"? He eats roaches, flies, and all kinds of nasty stuff. He even squeezes the water from elephant poop and drinks it. :eek:

Its just protein anyways :p

REEEETTCCHHH
GAAAAGGGGGGGG
BREP

malachai629
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Food Horror Stories - We all got em -

I was in UCSF Hospital for surgery. Dinner arrives one night.
(Hospital food ick!)
I take the metal cover off the food. A cockroach runs out across the tray.
***!!!
Grab an empty water cup and plop it over the little critter, let him crawl up the inside wall of the cup, flip the cup over, and snap the lid on top.

Instant hospital pet!!!!

Stacy - whats the deal on the electricity? If you need help with it, let me know, I am a rocks throw from OB.

Oh, I wish I'd seen this sooner, we just paid someone $300 or more to fix us. I thought about posting a plea for help but the guy who orig came out and diagnosed us also has a tank and I didn't know if it'd be rude to give the actual job to someone else after that. Although, the actual job itself consisted of finding out what was really wrong so in retrospect it would;ve been fine. Of course. I don't know, something was moswired and so when Sergio replaced a broken outlet we lost power in half the house. No fridge, no computer. Thank you so much for the offer though - I'll surely keep you in mind!

SDFISHMAN
07-12-2007, 09:03 AM
I bought a burrito for the taco shop down the street and the the first bite I bit into a thumb tack. I'll never go back. Yesterday will playng pool I watch my friend accidently take a drink of spit from his chewing tobacco beer can..

malachai629
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh God what have I started

coral diver
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh God what have I started
A crazy yucky euwwe tread :eek: . Well i have tryed different things, Thing you won't imagine eating :eek: :D

malachai629
07-12-2007, 01:26 PM
does it involve burying a duck egg, letting it decay, and then eating it as if it were a delicacy, by chance?

Although, I like masago which I think is strange bc who would look at fish spawn and think, mmmmmm, yummy....?

And who would look at a dungeoness crab, or a lobster and say, I think I'll crack that open and munch on the contents? Or any other crustacean or mollusk for that matter?

And wheat? Who'd think to turn that into something edible?

Jessy
07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
LOL don't forget the dead little ducks that are actually formed enough to have bones and feathers in their shell that get eaten on the street like churros.

does it involve burying a duck egg, letting it decay, and then eating it as if it were a delicacy, by chance?

Although, I like masago which I think is strange bc who would look at fish spawn and think, mmmmmm, yummy....?

And who would look at a dungeoness crab, or a lobster and say, I think I'll crack that open and munch on the contents? Or any other crustacean or mollusk for that matter?

And wheat? Who'd think to turn that into something edible?

iVgOnMaD
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Has anybody ever tried beef tongue? It sounds nasty but its delicious :P

barometer
07-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Turtle soup
Fish Eye soup
Shark Fin soup
Haggis (especially inviting)
pig knuckles

All considered very tasty, but many folks wouldn't touch 'em. Even sushi is not appealing to some, which I cannot possibly understand :confused: ;)

RussM
07-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Haggis (especially inviting)Now that, I've tried... and found it particularly revolting. But then again, I couldn't stand vegemite (yeast paste, like peanut butter to Aussie kids, made by Kraft Foods believe it or not)

Anyone from anywhere near Amish areas? How about scrapple - legally cannot be called scrapple in PA or NJ unless it has both hog snout and hog jowls as ingredients :eek:

This thread sure has wandered OT, but it's definately interesting!

barometer
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Anyone from anywhere near Amish areas? How about scrapple - legally cannot be called scrapple in PA or NJ unless it has both hog snout and hog jowls as ingredients :eek:

LOL! I'm from the heart of the Lehigh Valley and scrapple is a mainstay in the PA diet. I can't stand the stuff, but my dad will sure clean his plate of it. I think most CA folks would have a hard time with it. SOS for breakfast, ah the good 'ol days :p

mazilla
07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
i'll eat anything once, as long as somebody else will too. including baloot(spelling). although, thats probably the worst thing i have had. i have tried tons of game, including rattlesnake, moose, grizzly bear, caribou, etc. but i wouldnt consider those "gross", they are actually very good. the grizzly bear is the only toughie in mix, it has to be cooked right or it's foul tasting. in fact there are both moose and grizzly bear in my freezer right now.

RussM
07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL! I'm from the heart of the Lehigh Valley and scrapple is a mainstay in the PA diet. I can't stand the stuff, but my dad will sure clean his plate of it. I think most CA folks would have a hard time with it. SOS for breakfast, ah the good 'ol days :p central Bucks County for me.. much of my mother's side of the family lived in Chester, Montgomery, and Lancaster counties. I grew up eating scrapple; if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't even try it now. I couldn't believe it - my local Von's just started carrying scrapple... ate it for the first time in years last week.

coral diver
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Maz its (Balut) now that's the kind of man i like to go and venture exotic cuisine

Yolo
07-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I ate a raw BlueFin Tuna Heart on Tuesday right out of the fish (tradition)...taste like chicken...;)

Spsniper
07-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Balut ain't to bad. Place some salt and pepper with some fresh veggies and we have ourselves a feast. I have tried many things, from frogs, turtles, giant water lizards, sea cucumbers, and so on. Still alive and well.:D

coral diver
07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
yeh know were talking

mazilla
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
crap, where can i get some of the food you guys have eaten? i want to eat giant lizards and sea cucumbers, and sloth foot stew :). where's my flashlight and a stick, i think i saw an alligator lizard in the back yard...

Techknowledgy
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
When I was in Mexico City I once had tacos made from iguana. There was a kid standing next to the road holding them up.... with their legs tied behind their backs. I picked the mean one... since he looked like he needed to be put out of his misery. 10 minutes later.... after a little machete and hibachi work..... iguana tacos. They were wonderful! I ate 6.

malachai629
07-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I would totally try that. Was it anything like alligator?

Techknowledgy
07-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Actually, it was! They were so goo... man and the sauce he made was incredible.

malachai629
07-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Was it like the sauce they use on fish tacos? I'm a huge fan of that, especially Fins. Don't know if they're still around but yummmm.

DaChrisDude
07-15-2007, 09:41 PM
holy crap that is some nasty sh*t....

I am an extremely un-advernturous eater... I thouroughly detest sea-food (except for some shrimp) and most vegetables... If the thing looks anything like what it did when it was alive....eww.

Pure Magic79
07-15-2007, 09:46 PM
:eek: :confused: :eek: Sorry dude...

iVgOnMaD
07-16-2007, 02:56 AM
holy crap that is some nasty sh*t....

I am an extremely un-advernturous eater... I thouroughly detest sea-food (except for some shrimp) and most vegetables... If the thing looks anything like what it did when it was alive....eww.

Its because you walk into it with disgust already in your mind, try it like it taste good and you might like it!!!

BTW Deer is great on the grill along with fried pig intestine tacos.