PDA

View Full Version : 7-7-7

GoTakuF1
07-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Anyone watching Live Earth (http://www.liveearth.org/)? It's been brilliant so far!

coral diver
07-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Yup 2 tv 3 channel 7-7-7 lucky day to get married they say or have a baby

DaChrisDude
07-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I just came back from a friend's wedding, and had another friend's wedding I wasn't able to make...

Tis a good day to have/make a baby eh? Hmm.... I'm going to sign off now...be back in couple hours..... ;)

coral diver
07-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Babies nooooo :eek: not yet get married first :mad: i'm an old fashioned man :D :cool:

DaChrisDude
07-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Babies nooooo :eek: not yet get married first :mad: i'm an old fashioned man :D :cool:

Lol!! No worries, I'm an old fashioned man myself. ;)

fishfinger
07-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I hear that there are like 4 times as many marriages on 7-7-07 than on a normal Saturday. People sure are superstitious aren't they. Especially considering that the calender has been changed so many times throughout the ages. 7-7-07 really means nothing at all you know.

Redeye
07-08-2007, 07:52 AM
there were more marriages on 6-6-6 than 7-7-7 :P

fishfinger
07-08-2007, 08:42 AM
there were more marriages on 6-6-6 than 7-7-7 :P

Really? That is sort of wierd .

malachai629
07-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm incredibly superstitious myself and believe it to be a scientific fact that marriage itself is bad luck. Just my $.02...

Techknowledgy
07-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Not really. It just takes a bit to get it right. It is a lot like reefing, expensive, time consuming, worrysome, and can give you the highest highs and the lowest lows in your life.
I strongly suggest a starter marriage/tank to everyone. It is like having a nano tank before you move up to the 125 show!

GoTakuF1
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I strongly suggest a starter marriage/tank to everyone. It is like having a nano tank before you move up to the 125 show!

Great analogy! :D But aren't nanos harder to keep?

Techknowledgy
07-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Harder than wives or bigger tanks?

DaChrisDude
07-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Not really. It just takes a bit to get it right. It is a lot like reefing, expensive, time consuming, worrysome, and can give you the highest highs and the lowest lows in your life.

I very strongly disagree with you... however very funny analogy! :D

Techknowledgy
07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Chris,
Been married 26 years. Four kids. One older than you. The ONLY reason I say that is that I have seen so many people get into marriages when they are very young, and they get it wrong, for whatever reason, and it does not work out. I am however with you my man. Younger people who get married often forget that the puppy grows up, the fish have to be fed, and the kids will want to eat and go to college. .... and etc. Like that little nano... it is a MAJOR committment......

DaChrisDude
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Chris,
Been married 26 years. Four kids. One older than you. The ONLY reason I say that is that I have seen so many people get into marriages when they are very young, and they get it wrong, for whatever reason, and it does not work out. I am however with you my man. Younger people who get married often forget that the puppy grows up, the fish have to be fed, and the kids will want to eat and go to college. .... and etc. Like that little nano... it is a MAJOR committment......

Ah... 26years? Wow, congrats!

I do agree with you, it is sad (and pathetic) the number of people that get married not really knowing what they're getting themselves into. It's really pathetic the number of divorces --very unhealthy environment for the kids, not to mention the parents.

(and no, I certainly don't claim to be an 'expert' in anything! I'm just starting my grand 'adventure' - hopefully will be getting married in the next year or two. I greatly appreciate any and all advice, and I'm certainly aware of the future difficulties/potential problems, etc. My fiancee have a very good relationship and we're taking steps to further our relationship)

Techknowledgy
07-09-2007, 08:37 AM
This is how it works, at least for me.
Ways to Nurture a Marriage

 Constant acknowledgment
 Common activities and leaving time for personal development
 Do not take each other for granted
 Allow each other to grow old
 Look past the faults and look more at the positive
 Affection
 Keep up your sex life
 Share responsibilities
 Ignore the trivial things
 Keep everything in perspective
 Find another way to release stress (not on your partner)
 Keep the relationship exciting
 Do not let external people or things come between you
 Reach a balance between family and a married relationship
 Keep problems between each other
 Try to solve problems together if possible
 Be prepared to make sacrifices for your relationship
 Keep telling your partner you love them
 Keep up the warm fuzzies
 Do not try to change your partner
 Learn to compromise
 Do not bring up the past, move forward
 Set common goals
 Take time out for each other
 Do things for and with your partner that are out of the norm
 Do not keep secrets
 Do not become complacent
 Negotiate how to leave the toilet seat
 Share feelings
 Timeout from routine
 Create quality time together
 Bury sarcasm
 Acknowledge partners effort in things
 Spoil and surprise partner (occasionally)
 Share the responsibility for planning the future
 Share domestic chores if both working
 Remember birthdays, anniversaries etc
 Pay attention to partners - listen
 Lose the television set
 Participate in joint activities

malachai629
07-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Well, I've had 2 practice runs and I've just turned 31, so I'm either heavily damaged goods or a pro in the making! I agree, though, it does take work, devotion, utter lack of selfishness, a degree of wisdom . . . qualities that are hard to keep up long-term when young. Not to discourage anyone from anything, of course.

Techknowledgy
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Obviously you have learned something though! (Staying teachable is another trait that you have to have!) Anyone who has such a devotion to animals could not possibly be damaged goods! All of the things above by the way.... are meant for BOTH partners. It never works right when one is the door and the other is the door mat.

GoTakuF1
07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Harder than wives or bigger tanks?

They're all expensive but nanos are hardest by far! :D