PDA

View Full Version : What did you do for a half hour today?

Yolo
06-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Just picked up a nice Acrylic 36", 3-chamber Sump to possibly convert to SW...it was full of bioballs, eggcrate, etc. When I was loading it onto my truck I stepped around to the other side to clear some stuff and it FELL onto the street. Smashed the corner, cracked in a few places, bio balls rolling everywhere down hill, hundreds of them all over the place.

Every now and then some big hand comes out of the sky and just Slaps Me into reality.

Sigh...

:(

m

barometer
06-30-2007, 10:19 AM
So sorry to hear that :( . Did you pick up that 92 corner?

Mine seem to go in longer cycles like weeks or months :p
Like this week some crazy virus infiltrated my 2 yr old son and put us in the ER for 20 hrs, then I got it and it took me out for 3 days. All during a huge milestone week at work that I almost died trying to complete. Felt like that huge hand had me pinned to the floor for 5 days :eek: ;)

paralabrax
06-30-2007, 10:27 AM
dam mike thats some funny **** right there i can just picture all those bioballs rolling down the hill. dont mean to laugh it sucks that you broke the sump but you have to admit you must of cracked a smile at that. I feel your pain though I just got back from a fishing trip to Panama The airline lost my rods for 3 days then it rained three days straight got to fish for 2 days then my friends mother past away and we had to return early some times you just get slapped around!

Yolo
06-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Wish I had a camera, it was quite a site...after the intial AGGhhhh.... I just quietly went about my way picking them all up with all the cars driving by looking at me. Just another day in the neighborhood.

I did laugh at myself...an NO I'm not gonna do a "little blue balls" joke...

Did you pick up that 92 corner? - ;)

m

Poacher
06-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear Mike,

I have a sump filled with bioballs that was used on a 300 gallon with a 1500 GPH little giant. You can have for free if you want it my friend... or trade for lights?.

Phil

Yolo
06-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Thank you for the generous offer...I fell back onto a nice 20L that will fit my need for now. Just getting started on yet another fun-filled-day...enjoy!
m

victortrav
06-30-2007, 11:47 AM
hey mike bad luck comes in 3's keep your head down either that or counteract it with a good deed

Yolo
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
It was stupidity...I was trying to put it into the cab as to not scratch it in the back of the truck...ended up scratching it all right...

MrKrispy
06-30-2007, 02:28 PM
sorry to hear about your balls