PDA

View Full Version : Help me kill,stab,torture,cook....

GAD
10-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Or maybe just capture a fish.

Stupid citron goby won't come out of the tank and is nipping the heck out of one of my sps colonies (he leaves everything else alone). How can I get this guy out without taking out all the rock and stuff. I haven't fed the tank in over 2 weeks hoping i could lure it with some food. I cut a V in a gatorade bottle and put some food in there but only my nas. snails seemed to want to go in. Put a net by the sps colony with food....no luck.

Any suggestions???

Stupid Fish:mad:

bler
10-01-2004, 07:49 AM
can you buy an acrylic fish-trap for like $20 ?

may take a bit, and you may end up catching a few other fish first, but it should do the trick..

only other way to get a fish, is start re-arranging or removing rock work.. catching fish in a reef tank is definatley not something easy or fun ;)

good luck !

ricestudios
10-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by bler
can you buy an acrylic fish-trap for like $20 ?

may take a bit, and you may end up catching a few other fish first, but it should do the trick..

only other way to get a fish, is start re-arranging or removing rock work.. catching fish in a reef tank is definatley not something easy or fun ;)

good luck !

you can rent it at og for 5 dollars a week.

bler
10-01-2004, 09:20 AM
thats a good idea, I was gonna get one to try and remove 3-4 damsels from my 125.. they look pretty cool and I'm sure anyone in the reefkeeping hobby would definatley get use out of it at least a few times..

GAD
10-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Anyone know how they work? I imagine they arn't too complex and would be easy to build. I've never seen one so I wouldn't know, but im thinking its not too different from the gatorade bottle idea.

ricestudios
10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
ive actually built my own. its a tuperware container with a slit on the top and it has a door. when the fish gets stuck, you just cover the slit with the plastic card. and then bring it up. theres holes at the top so water wont come out when you lift it up.

Dannyboy
10-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Most fish have their favorite spot to sleep. Thats how I caught mine a week back if you remember. Just wait til the lights have been off for a couple hours and then try it. Usually they are really disoriented and dont swim fast or far.

colindoug3
10-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Anyone see that fish trap "idea" on ebay a while ago? I just tried searching for it with no luck... It was a guy selling his trap idea for .99 cents. He specified it wasnt a product he was selling, but his idea that was guaranteed to work. He had some people that were mad because they never received their products. Anyhow, I am wondering what was. I think he said you could make it from things around the house, but I am not sure...