PDA

View Full Version : rc frags from prop. corals

pirate2876
06-12-2007, 01:18 AM
im buying a 6 pack of frags from the RC classifieds.anyone have any experience with that?i know every frager is different but any experience is welcome.bought 1 before and i love the frags i got and i couldnt resist on these.
1. LE Bali tri-color- good size frag
2. Pink Jade, Acro stoddarti, Roland Balmes-Tyree exotic- big frag
3. LE sunset monti, small frag
4. LE Steve Elias Acro loisetta- big frag
5. LE ponope Birdsnest- smallish frag, multi branch for sure. I will see what comes off when I clip it. Very delicate birdsnest until it gets baseball/softball size colony, then the branches thicken up
6. Bonus frag- purple monti cap with blue polyps.
all for what i normally spend on accident at AW and and PK every couple of weeks.and ive been looking for a good looking tricolor for a while now.

GoTakuF1
06-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a great deal. Like you said, each proper is different but generally, my experience with buying livestock on RC has been positive. It has been awhile since I've bought anything there but I always check the seller's feedback before commiting to a buy though. Aquacultured stuff is the way to go, especially with SPS :) Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

MarLooney
06-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I will see what comes off when I clip it.

That part scares me. I don't like getting fresh cut frags. I wouldn't buy something unless it was cut, attached, and doing good for atleast a week before it shipped. Acros are just too delicate to have them poorly cared for.

SDguy
06-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Maybe the descriptions are before he mounts and lets them heal for a week before shipping?.... :) (hopeful thinking?)

pirate2876
06-17-2007, 12:57 AM
most were mounted and encrusting except the tri-color and the ponape was freshly mounted.so far so good.everything looks great and has good pe.the purple on the tricolor is rediculous,i just hope it stays that way.

SDguy
06-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Sweet! Can't wait to see pics. Save room for a red table frag ;)

pirate2876
06-17-2007, 03:48 PM
your better off coming over to see them,my camera cant take a decent picture to show off the color.and ive been waiting for the red table for a while now.no rush.im thinking about turnin my 20 from a softy/lps/leftover tank into a frag/refugium anyway to make more.