PDA

View Full Version : NO returns all sales final OG

ocean1
06-10-2007, 07:20 PM
been explained delete this thread its dead

coral diver
06-10-2007, 07:29 PM
That's sucks manufacturer will take back the bad or defective product why can't he what's up

Nick_Kun
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
their just lazy jojo.

coral diver
06-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Well that will drive costumer away when they see that sign its like when a store is closing (all sale is final)

Nick_Kun
06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
usually when I see "all sales are final", is when a store is closing...hehe.

coral diver
06-10-2007, 07:59 PM
:eek: you mean to say :eek: OG :eek: :D

lucubrator
06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Well that will drive costumer away when they see that sign its like when a store is closing (all sale is final)

usually when I see "all sales are final", is when a store is closing...hehe.

Jinx! You both owe me a coke.

edit:misquote

coral diver
06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Jinx! You both owe me a coke.
i only see my name :D no worry i got plenty :eek: :D

Nick_Kun
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
yes, jojos jinxed.

DaChrisDude
06-10-2007, 09:40 PM
I understand not wanting to take returns, but a zero-return policy sounds just plain stupid. I certainly will never buy something from somewhere if there's a chance it might break and I couldn't take it back.

ocean1
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes me either Chris first flash in my head was of a Pic N save or some second hand store or something lol. And ya you do see those signs as stores go out of biz. Ya got to go check them out they are on every wall and the REAL classy black with bright red writting to lol

pnguy3n
06-10-2007, 10:06 PM
They should have like a week rule with a receipt or something? I'm guessing Ron agree to this? He's a good guy though.

seahorse_man
06-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Ok the sign is really not 100% true:o I took a return today and Ron took 2 the other day.We are in the process of putting a sign next to it with the details(yeah I know Ron should not of put it up till we did get the sign w/details)but ask for details before you stop shopping at OG:)

pirate2876
06-10-2007, 10:55 PM
you know in the retail business when returns are more frequent than sales i would look at the employees.ive seen many people return things they pull off the shelves or just have there friends come in and return things that they got for free for cash.employers need to keep a close eye on their staff.

coral diver
06-11-2007, 07:02 AM
How can you return an item without a reciept? isn't a policy of 99% of a store? then there's something fishy going on in that fish store

DaveMorris
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Obviously, as Seahorse has said, it isn't a 100% policy. It does, however, show the lack of customer service/support that has been spoken of before. It is also not 100% legal. It may take a lawyer to manage the issue, but in the state of California, you are entitled to at least a replacement item if something is broken.

I don't buy stuff at OG because of the lack of service and I feel the husbandry of the tanks is questionable. I can not for the life of me understand why Ron doesn't embrace SDReefs and use us to his benefit. If he kept up on the constructive criticism shown here and maybe stopped bad-mouthing us and guys like Harold, I for one, would reconsider buying stuff from him. But he has the right to run his store the way he wants and I have the right to not shop there. So we will both continue to excercise those rights.

pk-sd
06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Never felt comfortable buying at OG. Went their only twice. Never went back.

seahorse_man
06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
O.K let's get this clear.I just talked to Ron and he said:

''There is a difference between a warranty and a return.We still offer the manufacture warranty.Now the returns, we will still take them.For example if you were to buy something and it broke or stopped working in a reasonable period of time(like a week)and you have the receipt we will get you a new one and return the broken one to the manufacture.We put the signs up because people bought a light used it for a week brought it in used w/salt creep and said we found one cheaper:eek: or bought a canister filter used it for a week and tried to return it with fish crap in it:eek:someone came in with a light bulb that didn't have our price tag on it, with no receipt and said he wanted to return it:eek:or.....I'm not even going to go on.Pretty much people were being dishonest and taking advantage.We had one guy try to return something that we don't even carry.
By shopping with us you will be guarantied that you get a new product that has NOT been used.How would you like to buy a salifert supplement and and it was just water in it.Or a powdered supplement that is just baking soda.How about a light bulb three months old.So on and so on.
We have good prices on alot of things so think before you stop shopping with us.

pk-sd
06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Seems like he is letting his emotion run the business. He needs to come up with a return policy in writing (which is basically a contract) that protects both him and the customer. If he keeps changing his policy at whim then he is fair game. If does not take the product back, the credit card company will.

As a businessman I deal with difficult customers all the time(actually my wife does; I just want to punch their teeth out). So I do sympathise with him.

luistwentyone
06-11-2007, 01:37 PM
never had a problem with Ron, and I will continue to shop at Ron's store.

just my 2 cents, thats all.

Chanas4
06-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Me too. of course I havenever bought dry good there.

SECTER1
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Still one of the only few stores in SD that I have never droped a dime...

swissfish
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM

''There is a difference between a warranty and a return.We still offer the manufacture warranty.Now the returns, we will still take them.For example if you were to buy something and it broke or stopped working in a reasonable period of time(like a week)and you have the receipt we will get you a new one and return the broken one to the manufactrer.

That sounds like a good policy and that's all I expect from a store! Hanging signs all over seems stupid IMO

mazilla
06-11-2007, 09:55 PM
i can see where the signs would deter people with shady intentions, the honest people will still press the issue if it is a valid return. i saw the sign and didnt pay it any mind. i know ron, if i bought something from him recently and had a reciept and needed to return it he would honor the return like usual.

is it that time of season again for a bunch of whiny threads about og? ron did listen to the "suggestions" of some members of this site and has since in his own time put prices up on the tanks. it's his shop he can run it how he likes. he's been in buisness since before the bulk of the people on this site even knew what a coral was, myself included. these ***** sessions have to be detramental to his buisness, especially to people who take everything said here as concrete.they need to go there and form their own opinion.

i have never had a problem at og, even when there was a slight hint of one, an apology was promptly given and all was made well. what more can i ask for? og is still my favorite lfs.

i wonder why he doesnt like this site...

luistwentyone
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
....... og is still my favorite lfs....

that makes two of us

seahorse_man
06-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks you guys.;) :) Luis how is the sump working out for you:confused:

iVgOnMaD
06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Only thing I hate about OG is the fact that they have aiptasia everywhere!! Other than that I always visit there before going to AW for the stuff OG doesnt have. I also wish they had a tiny frag tank like they do at AW where you can get like $5-$25 frags.

coral diver
06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Yah cheap frag that is if Jordan have'nt taken it already :eek: :D

luistwentyone
06-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks you guys.;) :) Luis how is the sump working out for you:confused:

so far so good, thanks for the tip !

fishfinger
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM

So your not going to tell all of these guys to ****? that's nice for a change.

pk-sd
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Popcorn anyone ?? :eek: :D

http://www.madlypopn.com/images/uploads/111_large.jpg

mazilla
06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
So your not going to tell all of these guys to ****? that's nice for a change.

keep it in whatever thread your talking about..dont hijack this one.:(

Kscurrr88
06-12-2007, 10:25 AM
that makes two of us

that makes three of us. he has a great store with great fish. his prices are very good also.

Yolo
06-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Buy NIB light for $300, sell 2 months later for $200 then they would be out of business FAST. A lot of people on this site are in a displaced reality where corals, frags, and equipment are often sold at a below market rate. In fact, you are "spoiled" in sense where some people now expect certain prices.

Hilarious how one item can be priced at $50 and no one will touch it, but cut it into 10 pieces (and destroy a nice animal) and you will have people driving from El Centro to buy frags for $10.

Bottom line is each LFS is a business and they reserve the right to provide service to whomever they chose to. I have seen each and every LFS mentioned on this site have their good posts, and bad posts, good employees, prices, stock, quality, etc.

Its cyclical just like our little tanks we maintain. I've had days where my tanks look great and no one around to see them, but I can guarantee if I have lacked on maint that someone will come by and see my tank at its worst...then post on here for everyone to avoid me like the plague...

I can't stand people that want something for nothing...Example: Those that return things to Costco after using it for 6 months. Give me a break. At the end of the day we all have to look at ourselves in the mirror and decide if we lived an honest day.

Its unfortunate that a business has to hang signs up in red letters to remind people about integrity.

m

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Yolo,
You are so right. It is a shame we have to remind people about integrity, but that is what we have to do.

CyberGuy
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Buy NIB light for $300, sell 2 months later for $200 then they would be out of business FAST. A lot of people on this site are in a displaced reality where corals, frags, and equipment are often sold at a below market rate. In fact, you are "spoiled" in sense where some people now expect certain prices.

Hilarious how one item can be priced at $50 and no one will touch it, but cut it into 10 pieces (and destroy a nice animal) and you will have people driving from El Centro to buy frags for $10.

Bottom line is each LFS is a business and they reserve the right to provide service to whomever they chose to. I have seen each and every LFS mentioned on this site have their good posts, and bad posts, good employees, prices, stock, quality, etc.

Its cyclical just like our little tanks we maintain. I've had days where my tanks look great and no one around to see them, but I can guarantee if I have lacked on maint that someone will come by and see my tank at its worst...then post on here for everyone to avoid me like the plague...

I can't stand people that want something for nothing...Example: Those that return things to Costco after using it for 6 months. Give me a break. At the end of the day we all have to look at ourselves in the mirror and decide if we lived an honest day.

Its unfortunate that a business has to hang signs up in red letters to remind people about integrity.

m

Mike,

You hit the nail right on the head. It is so true.

I also find the thing you post about the frags funny but at the same time so true, especially for sps frags. I can understand putting more effort in buying a rare but beautiful piece of sps frag but for a more common piece, I think it is better to just buy a colony if you have the space in the tank for it. It will cost more money from electricity, additives, etc...to have a frag grow to a colony than just to buy a colony up front so that you can instantly enjoy the full beauty of it.

MrKrispy
06-12-2007, 11:05 AM
It is hard to remind people about integrity when so many of them have none.

barometer
06-12-2007, 11:11 AM
It is hard to remind people about integrity when so many of them have none.

This is truly the heart of the issue :(

Ed Gambler

Yolo
06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
If you have a problem with a LFS (just like you have problems in other areas in life) have the class to ask to speak to an owner.

I am tiring fast of people bashing LFSs here. it provides ZERO VALUE to the site. It just brings down the site to your level which is lower (the mud pit) than where some of us chose to live.

Common Sense: Don't like the food, don't go back. But don't run over to the internet and post worthless unsubstantiated content that could impact someone's ability to generate income if you have not spoken with the owner and have his or her permission.

If you are going to publicly bash a LFS on this site you should include your full real name and a telephone number where they can contact you for right of rebuttal.

You are not entitled or enpowered by anyone to slander a local business.

As Michael Turko says, "it just ain't right!"

m

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I hate Turko, but agree with you 100%. Vote with your feet and your wallet. It is easy to bash anyone when they are a nameless faceless entity, or not sitting right in front of you. When did it become socially acceptable to just be mean?
IMHO- Ron is a VERY good guy, who means well in all he does. He is just trying to make a living... just like me.
Roland Garcia
619 741-1971
(My money where my big Internet mouth is.)

Jessy
06-12-2007, 11:37 AM

You crack me up.

OG was the first LFS I found, and I have spent a small fortune there. I think there are ways to improve, but overall I like it there. Waiting for help and not knowing the prices of everything does have its drawbacks, but their prices are great and Ron has personally helped me out a lot with all my stupid noob questions.
Really, I am more surprised how haughty people in this hobby can be. Not speaking against any one person in particular, but if someone treads on the wrong person's toes, it is amazing how quickly they are "blacklisted". Not one of the more appealing attributes of this group on SDreefs IMO. People need to be more forgiving in general. But that is just my $.02 and I am an optimist to the utmost. :D

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
If you have a problem with a LFS (just like you have problems in other areas in life) have the class to ask to speak to an owner.

I am tiring fast of people bashing LFSs here. it provides ZERO VALUE to the site. It just brings down the site to your level which is lower (the mud pit) than where some of us chose to live.

Common Sense: Don't like the food, don't go back. But don't run over to the internet and post worthless unsubstantiated content that could impact someone's ability to generate income if you have not spoken with the owner and have his or her permission.

If you are going to publicly bash a LFS on this site you should include your full real name and a telephone number where they can contact you for right of rebuttal.

You are not entitled or enpowered by anyone to slander a local business.

As Michael Turko says, "it just ain't right!"

m

i (for the most part) always agree with you mike on issues, you seem to have a very level head. but i disagree with you on this, or maybe i just dont fully understand.

i think that people have the right to give an honest review of their experience. of course that means explaining everything that happened etc. not just bashing them.

for example, my review of fountains aquarium in la mesa:

the store is dimly lit and has just a negative feel to the place. the tanks are poorly maintained and many of the fish are sickly or dying. the customer service there is decent if you ask the right person, but their return policy is AWFUL. i would not reccomend any starting reefer visit their until they have a basic knowlege of the hobby.

see, it didnt have much nice to say about the store but was also not just a blind bash.

(also, i am suprised lucubrator hasnt chimed in yet, but im sure he will with all the rules, but its not slander :p )

snyder2050
06-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Just picked this up from OG on Sundayhttp://www.sdreefs.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19975&stc=1&d=1181678175
New-sps.jpg

Yolo
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM
"the store is dimly lit and has just a negative feel to the place. the tanks are poorly maintained and many of the fish are sickly or dying. the customer service there is decent if you ask the right person, but their return policy is AWFUL. i would not reccomend any starting reefer visit their until they have a basic knowlege of the hobby."

I have been going to Fountains in La Mesa for over 20 years. They used to be in a 3-bedroom house at one time. The front door opened to the "living room" where he counter was. They have been in business for a long time and are doing something right.

Dimly lit is kinda good for fish, especially FW fish which is the majority of thier inventory. My FW tank looks like a flipping Amazon river sometimes with algae over a half inch thick on the glass...the fish obviously are not impacted by it, they live in lakes and rivers anyway.

If you are gonna post something negative about a store, then post your Picture and Name along with your post so the next time you go in there they can refuse to serve you.

It goes back to the VALUE of your post and being NEGATIVE vs. POSITIVE providing BENEFIT to the site.

You are far too young to have the level of life experience to fully understand what I am trying to say. Before you speak, go ahead and get a loan for $50-80k, invest all your time, energy, money, heart, spirit, etc. in a business, any business. Work like crazy for at least 5 years, pay 940, 941, State Board of Equailization, FTB, City, and 1040 Taxes not to mention Workman's comp. Keep the payroll going weekly, keep the lights on, and if, then if, you have any money left over, pay yourself a salary.

Then, have someone Publicly, on the internet (hiding behind their screen name) post something they feel is bad about your business and propogate it world wide in search engines.

How can you tell me that makes you feel good? What value are you really bringing to the site?

Really, think about it.

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
im sorry, i thought we are living in a capitalist society. not to mention anything about free speech...

the point of a review is not to post some bull**** one sided story. its not supposed to always be good, thats the biggest load of crap ive seen in a long time. if someone had a bad experience (or repeated) they have the right to post it.

and what value does only posting positive reviews bring? a false sense of what the lfs is like?

and treating everyone equally when they clearly arent is called what now? oh yeah, communism

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Blake,
Get off it. This is not about politics, or free speech, or capitolism. It is just about being kind. Judy and her crew at Fountains do what they can with limited resources. If they go under, and Ron goes under, and all that is left is Petco and AW, they will have us by the collective pelotas. Free enterprise helps keep the costs down for all of us, not to mention that is Petco and AW are the only games in town the variety goes down, and I have to drive to fricken Kerny Mesa to get stuff. Yolo is right, if you write stuff here, it is your opinion, so slander doesn't mean much, but hey, just my opinion. They are like restaurant reviews. Sometimes people just have a bad experience.
You might consider changing that screen name. It implies what you are neither of.

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 12:33 PM
so your one of the people that will cut off your own balls to be PC huh? your contradicting yourself, you may want to fully read what both me and mike said because you clearly arent understanding what i said. yolo is saying write flowers and ponys no matter what, and im saying be honest but dont go overboard.

and im not even going to go into the screenname stab, try reading some books and maybe youll understand where it comes from...

fishfinger
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
keep it in whatever thread your talking about..dont hijack this one.:(
Now I have to take your orders also? yea right. You guys dream on OK?

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Not into cutting off balls. No need to be that harsh. Yolo didn't say that. He just said try to be positive. Not so hard for most people.
Read the books dude. I understand where it comes from. Learned all about Big Brother back in college, and then more in graduate school, and even talked about it when I was working on my Ed.D. Hope they have them in the warehouse.

mazilla
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
who said anything about orders? i was merely making a suggestion to keep your problems in your own world and not impose them upon the rest of us wherever you deem fit. this topic had nothing to do with whatever beef you guys had from elsewhere. all i suggest is you keep it there, for the rest of us. would it be better if i said please?

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
you learned about a fictional character that much? holy sh!t what are schools coming to? haha im glad to see you look at my public profile to try to gain an 'edge'.

once again youv just shown your inability to take part in an educated discussion without taking personal stabs, your going on mute until this thread is done. yolo please keep posting though

fishfinger
06-12-2007, 12:43 PM

m Well said. I agree. That is why I don't bother with the LFS board. It's whiner central. Yea burn $5 worth od gas to save $5 on a frag. Then go one to gripe about the poluted enviroment and the distruction of reefs that you are a part of..........it's sort of wierd.

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I agree with Fish. They all have good and bad days. I went to Gills in Temecula. Amazingly clean store and friendly people. The tanks..... mostly empty..... conclusion.... no selection. No, they had a transmission blow up on their fish run, and so had to abort. Everyone has bad days. Kindness..... not hard. I will go back eventually though.

Yolo
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Why all the hating? You sure fire up some hot words right off the bat...

OK, here is a sceanario:

You went into the store. Your impression were that it was dimly lit, tanks were dirty, and the return policy (stated in signs before your purchase) was something you would never agree to.

You either ask the Manager on duty why its so dim, or to explain the reasoning behind the return policy.

For all you know, the tanks get cleaned at 4 PM on Wednesdays and you were there at 3 PM. But, your internet post caused a potential customer to not go in there. In turn the owner did not make payroll and had to lay that person off. That happens in real life.

So next time you feel entitled or empowered to post your negative comments have some consideration for others.

You chose who and what type of person you want to be.

Careful with that power.

MrKrispy
06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
funny how people come in to a critical thread and tell someone else to quit whining and go away. Seems like "if you don't like it don't watch it" applies more than ever at this site, yet people still can't get over it. If you don't want to hear complaints (which are usually going to be obvious by the title!!!) DON'T COME IN TO THE THREAD. Don't tell the rest of us what our opinions are.

Yolo
06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
"yolo is saying write flowers and ponys no matter what,"

What I am saying is be able to take responsibility for downstream impacts to someone else's livelihood based on comments you post on the internet.

M

I for one enjoy cruising through Fountains and OG occiasionally when I'm in the area. Last time I checked, fish are not shipped in clear boxes and the bags I see them arrive in have black bands...all to hide the light. Its soothing to fish, it releives stress not to mention defuses glare and movement from all the clients moving in and out in front of the tanks.

Remember, its ok to say, " I may have miss spoke" or to begin with "in my opinion"...

But never, and I mean NEVER, mess with a guys Flowers and Ponys. That just damn ain't right.

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
i wasnt aware i was firing out hot words.

thats not a real reason to not visit a store (that it was dimly lit), thats just my experience. one real reason may be that many of the fish are sick or dying.

plus, its a persons duty to find things out for themselves, and to use the reviews as guidance.

plus plus, if your scenario happens (no matter how small the chances are), thats survival of the fittest, capitolism.

PS. the reason anyone would post a review would be consideration of others, hoping that others read the post. thats not hard to understand. i have no real reason to post things about a store to make myself feel better, that doesnt make sense.

pk-sd
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
What I am saying is be able to take responsibility for downstream impacts to someone else's livelihood based on comments you post on the internet.

M

We are taking about the same guy(RON) who went out of his way to shutdown home based businesses of Jim and Will because they were selling stuff cheaper than him???:rolleyes:

Yolo
06-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Capitalism...what do you know about that in your 17 years of life. Assuming you were extra mature at 12 that gives you 5 years of full life experience. Lets see, some of us have 30 plus years on you there.

Not to mention I have owned a business before and have empathy for any business owner. They have enough challenges without your "freedom of speech post on someone else's website"..BS.

Ever heard the expression: " If you don't have anything nice to say, then better to say nothing at all.."

Chill out...You are giving all the Junior SDReefers a bad name.

Kscurrr88
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
i can see where the signs would deter people with shady intentions, the honest people will still press the issue if it is a valid return. i saw the sign and didnt pay it any mind. i know ron, if i bought something from him recently and had a reciept and needed to return it he would honor the return like usual.

is it that time of season again for a bunch of whiny threads about og? ron did listen to the "suggestions" of some members of this site and has since in his own time put prices up on the tanks. it's his shop he can run it how he likes. he's been in buisness since before the bulk of the people on this site even knew what a coral was, myself included. these ***** sessions have to be detramental to his buisness, especially to people who take everything said here as concrete.they need to go there and form their own opinion.

i have never had a problem at og, even when there was a slight hint of one, an apology was promptly given and all was made well. what more can i ask for? og is still my favorite lfs.

i wonder why he doesnt like this site...

i very much agree with you on this one. if i hadn't already gone, i probably would have never gone to OG. all these people saying how bad it is probably wouldnt have talked me into going. but since i have gone there, and love it, i go there for anything. ron is a good guy, with great prices, and he is very knowledgable. from now on i will go to the lfs to form my own opinion. i will probably start with fountains. all i have ever heard was bas things about it so i have never gone there.

Yolo
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
We are taking about the same guy who went out of his way to shutdown home based businesses of Jim and Will because they were selling stuff cheaper than him?
------------------------------
If I opened a business next door to your house. Left the Garage Door Open at all hours of the night, had cars coming and going, had the front look like a business. What would that do to your property values? Would you call it in?
Unless you personally know the facts, I would not propogate them on the internet, oh, this is the internet, all is true, I forgot.

Trust me, I really enjoyed the guy in Scripps Ranch selling me bottles of product at ridiculusly low prices, but then he did not have the realistic overhead. I would have to remind him of his prices at times. He really was not cut out to be in business anyway. He would have never made it. From a sense of personal greed I miss him too though.
-----------------------
Seems like another person has successfully opened a legit business in the south bay and is a fantastic businessman who has followed proper etiquette and cannot be closed down.

There we go again full circle, capitalism. :eek:

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
you seem to pull on my age quite often, not that it matters. this is not a matter of life experience.

my dad has created run and sold businesses his whole life, so you can spare your empathy on me. i know how business goes.

i beleive the last time i heard that expression was in grade school, if everyone wants to lie and be fake then have fun with that.

i guess you have a picture of me in your head all worked up and pissed off at my desk, when it is the opposite. and if you group people together based on one person that would be prejudiced and ageist.

da6d2003
06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
"if you don't like it don't watch it" ....... DON'T COME IN TO THE THREAD.

That's me!:)

No more Lounge for me, my blood pressure is too high as it is.

fishfinger
06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I love capitalism.. but it can be rough at times. I have 19 people working for me now and trust me, it's a double hand full every day and very risky. Not for the faint of heart.

Yolo
06-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Was my point. You cannot have lived long enough, have had enough cherished things lost in life, have traveled far to other countries enough, seen births, deaths, lost monies, loved ones, and such to have such a passonate opinon about things. You are only 5 years into life...take a chill pill.

I don't fault you, I have a 19 yr old daughter (sigh)...I've heard it all.;)

mazilla
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I love capitalism.. but it can be rough at times. I have 19 people working for me now and trust me, it's a double hand full every day and very risky. Not for the faint of heart.

we have 450+ at the moment,fortunatly i only control 25 of them. i cant grasp how my dad keeps it all under control. fun stuff to look forward to...:rolleyes:

Yolo
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Be forewarned:

My Condo is dimly lit.

Some of my tanks are dirty.

I found a dead hermit or two in my QT tank and the Chromis in there is all chewed up.

I have newspapers all over my floor sometimes.

My neighbors think I'm selling crack.

Oh, and my return policy sucks...I usually move out of town before you can realize you want to return it.

I don't pay taxes on any of my income from reefing, come to think of it, there is no income.

OK...Now I've lost interest in my own comments...

ZZZZZzzzz.........

Jessy
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
:) It is my life goal to buy something from you Yolo. :D You can make profit off my purchase. I promise. :)

Be forewarned:

My Condo is dimly lit.

I found a dead hermit or two in my QT tank and the Chromis in there is all chewed up.

Oh, and my return policy sucks...I usually move out of town before you can realize you want to return it.

I don't pay taxes on any of my income from reefing, come to think of it, there is no income.

ZZZZZzzzz.........

pnguy3n
06-12-2007, 01:56 PM

that is an amazing pic that popcorn is bigger than that kid.(width wise)

Is there like 5 arguments going on at the same time here? We own our own business too,and I understand it's very tough . Ron has the right to do whatever he wants with the store. If you don't like it then don't go there. I have never had a problem with Ron.

pk-sd
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
We are taking about the same guy who went out of his way to shutdown home based businesses of Jim and Will because they were selling stuff cheaper than him?
------------------------------
If I opened a business next door to your house. Left the Garage Door Open at all hours of the night, had cars coming and going, had the front look like a business. What would that do to your property values? Would you call it in?
Unless you personally know the facts, I would not propogate them on the internet, oh, this is the internet, all is true, I forgot.

Trust me, I really enjoyed the guy in Scripps Ranch selling me bottles of product at ridiculusly low prices, but then he did not have the realistic overhead. I would have to remind him of his prices at times. He really was not cut out to be in business anyway. He would have never made it. From a sense of personal greed I miss him too though.
-----------------------
Seems like another person has successfully opened a legit business in the south bay and is a fantastic businessman who has followed proper etiquette and cannot be closed down.

There we go again full circle, capitalism. :eek:

I guess the moral of the story is. If you can't beat them in a fair game. Go tell mommy.:D :D.

ocean1
06-12-2007, 02:10 PM
funny how people come in to a critical thread and tell someone else to quit whining and go away. Seems like "if you don't like it don't watch it" applies more than ever at this site, yet people still can't get over it. If you don't want to hear complaints (which are usually going to be obvious by the title!!!) DON'T COME IN TO THE THREAD. Don't tell the rest of us what our opinions are.
Nicely said its purely an observation when you see posts about mismarked or bad diseased fish, maybe some zoo eating nudis service problems whatever it may be. Take it or leave it. Pass or ignore the post as rubish if its BS. An observation and sharing it should not become a flamefest for board peps. I thought this board was not only to sell trade frag ask question get advice but also to share expereinces. IF I am new to the hobby and looking for a LFS to buy some high end light and its well known to us that they have a horrible return policy or seconds or the corals there are over priced and infected with redbugs whatever isnt it our responsability to share our knowledge and make the hobby more enjoyable to the ones getting in. They are more than welcome to correct the problem at the LFS or do nothing. If I owned a biz and I was getting complaints of peps getting sick from eating there I would fix it. If I was getting complaints about whatever I would try to fix it or make the public understand my policy. Home Depot just had some scaveing reviews about their stores and why they are suffering comparred to Lowes. They read the boards on MSN responded and are now correcting the problems or leaveing the ones they cannot. The CEO of Home Depot thanked the posters on the boards and now knows what we think the issues are and why more are shopping at Lowes. You can argue this will help the store in the long run they now know what we see and think and can make it the best place in the area, or you can say this hurnts biz. I think if you take comments and such with a little positive attitude it goes a long way to makeing things better. Instead if you mention your from Sdreefs ya get alot of hate from the very shop you are defending. Maybe its because of threads like these. After looking back at some they seemed like valid points for the most part. Maybe a coupleof you are right we should all just keep our heads and eyes to the ground and not make waves. Dont complain and everything will be fine. Dont worry about the price of gas or that everytime you eat at the taco shop on the corner you get sick. You shouldnt tell anyone else that if you eat there you will get sick thats not PC just be quite and smile. Take it you an American and so PC.
Send a Xmas card to Iran and tell the CEO of Exxon I want a new daddy. lol

A simple observation of a sign that reads " NO RETURNS "
another "ALL SALES FINAL" is just that an observation. I have never taken anything back for cash there I did exchange a TDS reader ( the very next day) that was broken (and I had a receipt for the exchange). Now under the interpretation of those signs and what 15 said I would now be screwed. There was no explanation of a policy except read the signs. Of course Ron was not there to ask. Just a couple kids and a broken down register.

nanoreefbro
06-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Thanks PK don't mind if I do.. Would you like some raisinettes??

pk-sd
06-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks PK don't mind if I do.. Would you like some raisinettes??

Thanks you. They look delicious. Any one has some "Grey Poupon" ??:D

pk-sd
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Time for a group hug and a drink. :)

LMAO !!!!

Nick_Kun
06-12-2007, 02:27 PM
bwaahahahahha. :)

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
All I can say to that pic is eeeeeewwwwwwww............ and that looks like my Uncle Carl on the right!

(I had no idea BB was just a kid himself. My youngest is 16. I will take that into consideration FNO.)

Yolo
06-12-2007, 02:39 PM
OK...who has the Mini-Cam in my Kitchen? That is a PIC of me at breakfast today!

mazilla
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Now under the interpretation of those signs and what 15 said I would now be screwed. There was no explanation of a policy except read the signs. Of course Ron was not there to ask. Just a couple kids and a broken down register.

''There is a difference between a warranty and a return.We still offer the manufacture warranty.Now the returns, we will still take them.For example if you were to buy something and it broke or stopped working in a reasonable period of time(like a week)and you have the receipt we will get you a new one and return the broken one to the manufacture.We put the signs up because people bought a light used it for a week brought it in used w/salt creep and said we found one cheaper or bought a canister filter used it for a week and tried to return it with fish crap in itsomeone came in with a light bulb that didn't have our price tag on it, with no receipt and said he wanted to return itor.....I'm not even going to go on.Pretty much people were being dishonest and taking advantage.We had one guy try to return something that we don't even carry.
By shopping with us you will be guarantied that you get a new product that has NOT been used.How would you like to buy a salifert supplement and and it was just water in it.Or a powdered supplement that is just baking soda.How about a light bulb three months old.So on and so on.
We have good prices on alot of things so think before you stop shopping with us.

if only you read page two...

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
.....Damn Yolo........ the cam is in the ..... well......... see that thing in your tank that looks like a Candy Cane coral?

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
(I had no idea BB was just a kid himself. My youngest is 16. I will take that into consideration FNO.)

kinda amazing when i can stay to a point and you prove your immaturity by trying to make petty personal attacks

(not to mention that you had no idea)

swissfish
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Be forewarned:

My Condo is dimly lit.

ZZZZZzzzz.........

Watch it pal, clean up your place or i am taking my 90G back:D

Now everybody chill out.

mazilla
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
OK...who has the Mini-Cam in my Kitchen? That is a PIC of me at breakfast today!

im sorry, there is no such thing as a "camcorder coral". that was just a camcorder, i figured you would have been able to tell.....

barometer
06-12-2007, 02:51 PM
kinda amazing when i can stay to a point and you prove your immaturity by trying to make petty personal attacks

(not to mention that you had no idea)

???:confused:

Yolo
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
plugged in one box fan, just one more box fan last night, turned on the radio...and BAM..there went the Circuit Breaker...LOL

Bruno, don't forget about your 175g we have to work on over near Grossmont College...still need to drill that sucker out once I figure out where I want the holes.

Here comes Summer...

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
BB.... I have socks older than you. That is not a petty attack. It is a fact. When you have more life experience you can say whatever you want. 17 is not exactly worldly. The "point" as you put it is that Ron has a right to do what he likes in his store. I have had many dealings with him and he has always owned up to his personal and professional responsibility, both to me and to the reef community as a whole. That is the "point."

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
or i can say whatever i want now...

and again this isnt a matter of life experience.

look for yourself, i have never said anything bad about ron...

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Let's see.... what is the expression my kids use.... oh yeah, "whatever......"

Big Brother
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
good one dude, good one.

you dont even know what your arguing about, your just doing it for the sake of arguing.

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Not at all..... you are missing the point. This is not all about you. It is about a businessman and his right to run his bisuness, without it being trashed on the Internet without the benefit of being able to defend himself. That is probably true of any of the LFS out there, including Fountains. It is not my favorite either, but is is close and convenient, and there are some good people working there who have been quite helpful. (Cody is very good. He is helpful etc.) I wish there was a bigger place in SD like some of the places in LA, but there are not, so we deal with what we have, and are grateful that we have some selection. Again, that is the point.

MrKrispy
06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
This is not all about you. It is about a businessman and his right to run his bisuness, without it being trashed on the Internet without the benefit of being able to defend himself.

well if Ron wasn't so afraid of The InterNet he could come here and defend himself. Next time you are in OG hand him an aluminum hat! :p

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I may do that. Mr. I will talk to him at length, in person about this...........
stay tuned.
The candy cane I bought from him is growing like mad!

mazilla
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I may do that. Mr. I will talk to him at length, in person about this...........
stay tuned.
The candy cane I bought from him is growing like mad!

have fun with that one. there are a few people who know where that conversation will go. hope your not busy for a while, your about to learn all about the evil that is the internet...but i still think ron is kick ass.:D

Techknowledgy
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I know.... he HATES the evil Internet. I have talked to him about that too. I take everthing I read here with a grain of salt too, and try to use my own brain a bit to find what works for me and my reef. ... and Ron is kick ass... and SO HYPER!

coral diver
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
A wise man once told me if you go to a place of business and you dont like what you see turn around and go to the next one and keep on doing it until you see what you like but don't complain about the price. Ron is a business man, he has other things to consider besides customer satisfaction like pay-roll, utilities, product mortality etc, etc., the guy is a good person he helps me numerous times, i always go/call to OG before going to another store, i was just surprised when signs was put up. what should have been done was to specify the return policy like lenght of time before you can return damage or foulty product and that chemical cannot be return after opening. you know, " be specific with the return policy."

Nigritude
06-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Man...if you only you guys looked like those guys in the group hug pic, I'll be attending a lot more reef meetings.

:eek::D

fishfinger
06-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Be forewarned:

My Condo is dimly lit.

ZZZZZzzzz.........

LMAO guess nobody will be coming over

Yolo
06-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, OG put me out of Business!

coral diver
06-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Nigritude which piture are you talking about? is it the southbay meeting while were sitting chilling with a bottle of ice cold beer? then come on down this Saturday and chill with us down here (chillin down under) mate everyone is invited to the meeting

nitrogenbubbles
06-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I am not the poison apple...but has anyone other than me starting to see RC in this thread? Way hi Jacked...OG has some bennies and some downfalls......but I figure the best solution to this is: " You are the final chooser of you livelyhood. If you don't like something....do support it" My opinion on OG is bad...but I will not state my opinon on an establishment online. Straight from the horses mouth is the best policy.

boalgf
06-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I hope nobody ever actually feels compelled to hold back their views and opinions just because certain members tell them to. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.." Very sweet and very naive. Everyone should give their opinions about a store and leave it up to rational adults to formulate their own ideas and actions based on this and other information. I like reading reviews of an LFS on this site because then I know I'm not the only person who has had a certain type of experience.

Of course these businessmen have a right to run the business as they see fit and their livelihoods may rely upon it. However life being the way it is also gives consumers the right (obligation I'd say) to expect more and give reviews.

"My opinion on OG is bad...but I will not state my opinion on an establishment online." - You just did and it was totally acceptable to do so.

"A wise man once told me if you go to a place of business and you don't like what you see turn around and go to the next one and keep on doing it until you see what you like but don't complain about the price." -Signed by a guy who likes seeing his friends ripped off.