PDA

View Full Version : A tip for any LFS employee lurking on this site...

SDguy
06-06-2007, 06:15 AM
If I correct you on a misidentification of a fish, it's not because I'm trying to be an *******, I just want to make sure you quote me the correct price. And rather than argue with me about it, just say "oh, ok" and walk away with some new knowledge, free of charge :D

OK, just wanted to vent.

pk-sd
06-06-2007, 07:39 AM
If I correct you on a misidentification of a fish, it's not because I'm trying to be an *******, I just want to make sure you quote me the correct price. And rather than argue with me about it, just say "oh, ok" and walk away with some new knowledge, free of charge :D

OK, just wanted to vent.

OK, where and who. We got to know now !!!

SDguy
06-06-2007, 08:11 AM
It was AW...don't know his name.

DaChrisDude
06-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I've been corrected a couple of times....

SDguy
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I've been corrected a couple of times....

How did you take it?

pk-sd
06-06-2007, 08:22 AM
How did you take it?

He buried few of them in his backyard.:eek:

coral diver
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
that's what we call back in the days natural fertilizer :eek: :D

SDguy
06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Amateurs! You have to disperse the pieces...

SolRo
06-06-2007, 10:23 AM
HCl.

that is all.

SDguy
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
HCl.

that is all.

LOL...would hate to live downwind from you :D

DaChrisDude
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
How did you take it?

Well, couple times it was something I genuinly didn't know, so I was appreciative to gain the knowledge. Couple other times (from past experiences working with the person) I knew they were wrong, but it wasn't worth correcting them, so I simply nodded, smiled, and moved on.... lol

Poacher
06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
SdGuy correctly educated me about pink carpets possibly being just red carpets that may have just lost color...I appreciate people like SDGuy who are willing to teach me more about reefing...:)

BTW...I cross my fingers everyday that my carpet stays pink:p

boalgf
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Couple other times (from past experiences working with the person) I knew they were wrong, but it wasn't worth correcting them, so I simply nodded, smiled, and moved on.... lol

Bringing this up again are you? I'm telling you, Clown Triggers are reef safe.

Big Brother
06-06-2007, 12:15 PM

haha

define "reef safe"

DaChrisDude
06-06-2007, 12:19 PM

Lol Jesse...

Haven't seen you in awhile, what's up?

boalgf
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Spending all my time with my tank, hawk, and Nanci. Not necessarily in that order. My tank just had this huge explosion of snails, mysis shrimp, and amphipods. It's almost more fun to watch it after the lights go out. You ever noticed how much like roaches amphipods are? They scamper like them and scatter when you hit the lights. You should come by soon and check out my tank, seeing as I live like one mile from you.

Getting the thread back on track: I spent about 20 minutes waiting on an LFS employee to verify that a fish was a certain kind of anthia. He wouldn't take my word for it. I wonder if there is a difference between a woman who works in a fish store taking advice vs a man. I've never delt with a female LFS employee.

haha

define "reef safe"

Safely eat your reef.