PDA

View Full Version : hanging fixture

AFxPolo
09-25-2004, 07:56 PM
I bought one of the lights off of Stanley Kim (kim1111 or whatever) today and just wondering what the best way to hang it would be. They're arent any hooks or holes to attach chains to so should i just loops it around or what? Also is the 22" fixture enough light for my 36" 40 gal? Will the light be strong enough in the corners?

Flamehawk
09-25-2004, 08:08 PM
You can always keep things don't need as much light at ends of the tank.

AFxPolo
09-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Keep things? what are you refering too? was that a typo? I want the whole tank to be well lit tho..I dont want it to be too dim in the corners you know.

-Scott

brahm
09-25-2004, 09:26 PM
yes there are, there are 4 holes meant for hanging if you look at the top of the fixture.

AFxPolo
09-25-2004, 10:27 PM
what if i cant find a stud right above the tank...its kiddy corner to the wallks so i dont know if ill be able to find one right in the right spot..how should i hang it?

brahm
09-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by AFxPolo
what if i cant find a stud right above the tank...its kiddy corner to the wallks so i dont know if ill be able to find one right in the right spot..how should i hang it?

Go to home depot and buy some thin metal wire, and some clamps and make some wires to hold it up, if you come by to the swap tommorow you'll see how i have it mounted.

AFxPolo
09-26-2004, 11:05 AM
brahm, i wont be able to attend the frag swap as i am at work..would you mind taking a picture or explaining your hanging setup a little more?

THanks,

Scott

JeromeBaker
09-26-2004, 12:55 PM
You dont have to find a stud to hang that little fixture. Go to home depot get the cable, clamps, and get some anchors. The ones I used to hang my 36" fixture worked like a charm. It is a springy metal deal with a screw threw it. You drill a hole in the ceiling(3/8", i think), push the unit up threw the hole, the anchor expands to get about a 3" wide footing above your ceiling and yoru done. Hang it from those and you wont have to worry about a thing.

And then from what i understand if you live in an apartment, the best way to mask the destruction(3/8 hole) when the lease is up, is to fill the holes with colgate toothpaste.