PDA

View Full Version : Demetre's 5g Nano/Pico cube

demetre
06-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Got the tank originally from Galeepley, used to be their seahorse tank's sump. Have since modified it into a bedside pico tank, mainly gonna have polyps in there of different types. Currently round-about 3 months old.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/alandras/5g2.png

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/alandras/5g1.png

Equipment:
2x18w coralife PC fixture w 2 50/50 bulbs
25w Elite Mini heater
Rio Nano skimmer semi-modified to include foam and carbon in the outflow chamber
Rio 90 powerhead for supplimental flow

Livestock:
Lots of Rubble for the Liverock. Stacked to make a hollow, tripod legged cave(inside bows up following the curve of the rock), pieces were chipped slightly to fit perfectly together when I was starting it up
1 tiny Blue Devil Damsel
1 Peppermint shrimp(Large female)
4 assorted hermits
1 Nerite snail
3 Astrea Snails
1 Nassarius snail(Nassarius distortus)
1 Button Polyp(singular)
4 yellow polyps
Neon green star polyps(recient addition)
Pink Palys(recient addition)

I also don't harbor any disillusions that the Blue Devil won't outgrow the 5. Tank is water tested daily, water changes of 5 percent every other day, Water temperature is maintained between 79 and 82 Farenheit(I need a better heater)

iration
06-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow! That really looks good for the size. Good job.

DaChrisDude
06-02-2007, 07:39 PM
super cute!

you do daily water tests? Dang, I'm lucky to do it monthly...

demetre
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda anal about the small tank. I'll probably cut down to the same schedule as the other tank once I get a little more satisfied that it's running alright.

mazilla
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
demetre, looks like you could use a frag or 2 for your tank. i just fraged my first kenya tree(first anything) and i have a couple of small pieces. since you hooked me up this the macro i would be happy to return the favor with a frag. let me know

demetre
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah, It's pretty empty right now, but I should have a few new Button polyp frags to add to it later from my 12(totally my favorite coral, I'm a dufus :P)

What color Kenya btw? Wish my Pink Kenya in my 12 was bigger(used to be ginormous for a 12), but since I fragged it a few weeks ago back to the stump, it's just this lil pompom head now.

My poor 5 was just packed from top to bottom with that Macro for the past few days, still teeny pieces of the red and Chaeto in there, but it should be cleared up soonish.

mazilla
06-02-2007, 09:55 PM
im not sure what color it is. kinda a maroon/red color. i have a couple of other small frags you can choose from if you like. button polyps, montipora chips, xenia, and the kenya. let me know, but i wont twist your arm ;)

demetre
06-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I could always try Xeniaweed again, but damn, I really couldn't have enough button polyps, probably ever. They grow like weeds for me

Definately not ready to try any SPS though.

Galeepley
06-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Cute tank!

demetre
06-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks! and thanks again for the tank, it definately was what I was looking for.