PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who's Back?

MarLooney
06-02-2007, 02:11 PM
For those of you that remember me... I'm back.

Here's my new prop system.
2 x Custom 40 gal flats 26x26x14

Top...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/MarLooney/Prop%20Tank/WholeTop.jpg
Lit by a PFO 250W HQI ballast & pendant burning a 20,000K Aqualine Busche bulb.

Sump.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/MarLooney/Prop%20Tank/Sump01.jpg
ASM G1X skimmer w/ mesh mod, recirc mod, and MJ feed mod. MJ also modded with new venturi intake, not the one on their site. Eventually i'll get two 45s & a gate valve and have it dump into the filter sock. The return is a Mag 9.5 w/ Pondmaster strainer to clear true union swing check valve. From there the flow gets split by the SCWD and goes to four 1" tank jets.

Here's a few samples of what I'll be farming in there soon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/MarLooney/Prop%20Tank/GreenZoos01.jpg
Green Zoos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/MarLooney/Prop%20Tank/BlueEchino01.jpg
Blue, Pink, & Green Echino

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/MarLooney/Prop%20Tank/Poci01.jpg
Pink w/ White Polyps Pocillopora

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/MarLooney/Prop%20Tank/RedZoos01.jpg
Red Zoos

coral diver
06-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Nice looking one you got from about year and a half of hibernating and need to call back your partner in crime [cruzer]

GoTakuF1
06-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Welcome back Marlo. Now we all can see what you've been up to. It's good to see that monster finally up and running! :eek: :D Good to have you back!

swissfish
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
welcome back

Nick_Kun
06-02-2007, 05:17 PM
hehe marlon, good seeing you back. I haven't seen you in PK last couple of times I was there, I guess you've been busy with school. Tank looks good by the way.

Diver Dan
06-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I want frags!!!!! Please you got to frag me a peice of the pocillpora!!!! That is an awesome tank, welcome back!

dhuynh
06-02-2007, 06:02 PM
welcome back dude!

EyeReef
06-02-2007, 06:44 PM
hey marlo hit me up for some trades:)

DaChrisDude
06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
sweet setup!

I'm drooling over those red zoos....

alex4angela
06-02-2007, 08:24 PM
What up Marlo, Clean set up you got there. :)

Nigritude
06-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey Marlo!

Up for some Tapioca again? :D

pk-sd
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey Marlo, good to have to back!!

When is Danny coming back with his nice Avatar?

MarLooney
06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Nice looking one you got from about year and a half of hibernating and need to call back your partner in crime [cruzer]
That hibernation has been spent @ PK. Now back to what I really enjoyed in this hobby, propigating. Partner in crime? You mean my older brother. What do I need to call him for?

Welcome back Marlo. Now we all can see what you've been up to. It's good to see that monster finally up and running! :eek: :D Good to have you back!
Thanks, and lucky you... 1st frags to Minh. Thanks for the vids. ;)

welcome back
Thanks. Hopefully I can have you back over for frags in the near future.

hehe marlon, good seeing you back. I haven't seen you in PK last couple of times I was there, I guess you've been busy with school. Tank looks good by the way.
I work mornings now. If you come after five, I'll probably be gone. Not back in school yet, hopefully next semester. Thanks for the compliment.

I want frags!!!!! Please you got to frag me a peice of the pocillpora!!!! That is an awesome tank, welcome back!
Frags coming soon. If you can wait, I like to sit on 'em for a while before I sell. Unlike a lotta fraggers, I don't sell a piece unless it's cut, attached, and showing new growth. No fresh cut pieces here. Thanks for the compliment. Good to be back.

welcome back dude!
Thanks, you get rid of that monster tank yet?

hey marlo hit me up for some trades:)
4sho... gotta hook up the SDReefs OGs... HAHAHA. Every1's been buggin about that cap I got from you. The 1 we got @ PK has a crayzie purple rim.

sweet setup!

I'm drooling over those red zoos....
Thanks, those zoos will be among my first available frags. I'll make frags some time this week, so expect them later on in the month.

What up Marlo, Clean set up you got there. :)
Thanks, that's what I was going for. There's a few odd and ends to finish up, but I wanted to take a minimalist approach to plumbing.

Hey Marlo!

Up for some Tapioca again? :D
What's up!
Tapioca? You must mean "Chai Tea" right? Mwuahahahhaha.
4sho tho. Anytime U want... Boba or Chai. Christine and I have been craving some Indian food BTW. Got any suggestions? We've been going to Cafe India most, because it's close to PK.

Thanks, can't wait to get fraggin again. Danny is currently w/ out a computer... or atleast w/ out internet.
Nice Avatar (http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/member.php?u=268)?

onad75
06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
WELCOME back Marlo ..

put me on the list on that pocillipora.

SanDiegoReefs
06-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Holy crap, look who's back from the dead!

GoTakuF1
06-03-2007, 06:02 PM

I do miss his avatar ;)

KT-150
06-03-2007, 06:18 PM
What up, bro! It's K. You know you gots to hook me up!

obarrera
06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Nice setup, welcome back dude

MrKrispy
06-04-2007, 09:30 AM
wow I am gone for a week and the whole world goes to hell. Nice setup marlo!

MarLooney
06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
WELCOME back Marlo ..

put me on the list on that pocillipora.
Not doing a list, but they'll be available soon. I cut them a few days ago, and I'll attach the frags thr/fri. The frags will be for sale in 2-3 weeks.

Diver Dan- read above.

DaChrisDude- read above, same goes for the zoos.

It's good to be back to propping! :D

Holy crap, look who's back from the dead!
OMG, I died!?! :eek:. What's up Jason. You still reefing or just playing SDReefs overlord.

What up, bro! It's K. You know you gots to hook me up!
Daymn... how many kuyas do I got on this thing. I thought your tank was full of Den's corals? We can probably take some back if you need space. Mel & I got that tank dailed in. After a chiller repair, it's lookin' pretty good again. How come I haven't seen you in a while? Been to Bra's new pad yet?

Nice setup, welcome back dude
Thanks man, it's good to see some familiar SNs. I thought I didn't know anyone on these boards anymore.

wow I am gone for a week and the whole world goes to hell. Nice setup marlo!
I didn't know me coming back means the whole world goes to hell =P. Thanks for the compliment. Nice seeing there's still some guys left from the start of San Diego Coral Classifieds. Most people on this site haven't even heard of SD Coral Classifieds.

KT-150
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Daymn... how many kuyas do I got on this thing. I thought your tank was full of Den's corals? We can probably take some back if you need space. Mel & I got that tank dailed in. After a chiller repair, it's lookin' pretty good again. How come I haven't seen you in a while? Been to Bra's new pad yet?

He told me but the chiller went down. He also said something bout his lights not turning on either. I was supposed to go to Bra's for the fight but I had to work.
Been to his pad just twice so far. Anyways, next time your at your bro's, stop by my house and we'lll make room in my tank for some of your stuff. :D Bra has my number or just PM me.

da6d2003
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Glad to see you back!

I agree, very clean tank. :)

MarLooney
06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
He told me but the chiller went down. He also said something bout his lights not turning on either. I was supposed to go to Bra's for the fight but I had to work.
Been to his pad just twice so far. Anyways, next time your at your bro's, stop by my house and we'lll make room in my tank for some of your stuff. :D Bra has my number or just PM me.
I just said I fixed that chiller. It was never broken, just very loud. Kuya Mel & I took it a part & fixed that mofo. They turned off the lites 2 keep the heat down while the chiller was off. I'll hit you up eventually. I still haven't seen your new set up. I'm working on a new tank as well... 3x2x2.

Glad to see you back!

I agree, very clean tank. :)
Thanks, new tanks always look clean. I'm not even growing coralline yet. ;)

A lil news: Tons a frags made, with a lil more to come. I'm looking at the first week of July to start selling again.
Frags so far: Green Zoos, Red Zoos, Green Cyphastrea, Red Polyp Cyphastrea, Blue/Pink/Green Echinophyllia, Pink Pocillopora, Scripp's Green Stag, & Orange Monti cap.