PDA

View Full Version : what a day

onad75
06-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I made a deal and drive up north to " DROP OFF " a frag to thIs guy but an hour later he called me and say he doest like it ....

WHATS UP WITH THAT ?????

CyberGuy
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
That would just ruin your day. Sorry to hear that Ron.

GoTakuF1
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
What's there not to like about your corals? I don't get it. People, can't please them all. Making the trip and meeting someone in the hobby is a nice reward in itself, sometimes the coral is just an after thought - I guess some people can't see that. And to pass judgement on a coral after an hour of receiving it is just foolish. Don't let it ruin your day, Ron.

KT-150
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Just make sure HE drops it off back to you.

onad75
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
not only that i was suppose to meet another member at 1030 and found out after i called that this person could not make it..... at least call or pm so i dont have to bring the coral..

KT-150
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I didnt even know you were selling stuff!

coral diver
06-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I can lend you my horse whip or would you rather have the baseball bat

onad75
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I can lend you my horse whip or would you rather have the baseball bat

LOL you know were a good man brother :rolleyes:

onad75
06-01-2007, 12:43 PM
:eek: not him Kamil :D

its seahorse_man

coral diver
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I think you two are getting the message right or is it me correct me please seahorse_man is the one that back out after an hour of purchase and you took it to him and mazilla also want it and he just can go to seahorse get it and pay him now i'm confused ahhh!!! ARGH

luistwentyone
06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
process of elimination:

it was NOT me

nanoreefbro
06-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Man sorry to hear that Ron...

Nick_Kun
06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
wow ron. which frag was it?

Jas0863
06-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Ron, sorry to hear that. Conduct pick up only and let us know who the individual is so others won't fall into the same ditch.

SDguy
06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm with Jasper on this. Pickup only here. That gives the person 100% freedom to accept or decline the item. The only drawback is you end up with all sorts of randoms at your place (not that I've had any problems, if any of those randoms are reading this :D ).

nanoreefbro
06-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Your post is worthless without us knowing who the person is.

If I were you, I would agree to take back the coral, but have "mazilla" go pick it up. :eek:

:eek: not him Kamil :D It's seahorse_man

He did let us know...

swissfish
06-01-2007, 01:48 PM
he only mentioned mazilla because of his size and the fear of god he puts into you with his appearance.

Mazilla is a good guy

Nick_Kun
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
haha.

I'm with Jasper on this. Pickup only here. That gives the person 100% freedom to accept or decline the item. The only drawback is you end up with all sorts of randoms at your place (not that I've had any problems, if any of those randoms are reading this :D ).

CNCreefer
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
its seahorse_man
Figures...

luistwentyone
06-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Nick_Kun
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
whoah kamil. Ouch....balls cut off and stuck up in the @ss. :eek:

I guess he figured he can't make much money from fragging it.

He pissed me off so many times on this board, that it's about time he has his balls cut off and stuck up his ASS.

Am I the only one that feels this way about the little ****?

CNCreefer
06-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't give him the sweat off my balls. Especially after I found out he was cherrypicking corals at OG and buying them with employee discount and fragging them and selling them here. Ron really should ****can him.
Ever look at his sig? He has like 20 or so tanks set up. How can a 15 or 16 y/o afford all those tanks? He must live at home with his rich mommy and daddy.

Nick_Kun
06-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Indeed :o

I wouldn't give him the sweat off my balls. Especially after I found out he was cherrypicking corals at OG and buying them with employee discount and fragging them and selling them here. Ron really should ****can him.
Ever look at his sig? He has like 20 or so tanks set up. How can a 15 or 16 y/o afford all those tanks? He must live at home with his rich mommy and daddy.

Poacher
06-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Fragging for profit is a bad thing? He is a budding business man, not your local drug dealer...

BTW, what were you doing that was so special at 15? :p

I think he is just the most misunderstood poster on these boards. Give the kid a break...

coral diver
06-01-2007, 07:51 PM
whoah kamil. Ouch....balls cut off and stuck up in the @ss. :eek:
NOW HIS MADDD!!! :mad: Its a first for me to hear Kamil like this :eek:

luistwentyone
06-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I guess he figured he can't make much money from fragging it.

He pissed me off so many times on this board, that it's about time he has his balls cut off and stuck up his ASS.

cmon Kamil, let it out, you'll feel a whole lot better, so tell me how you really feel

:D :D

swissfish
06-01-2007, 08:14 PM
cmon Kamil, let it out, you'll feel a whole lot better, so tell me how you really feel

:D :D

Kamil went out to buy a new keyboard:D

coral diver
06-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Kamil went out to buy a new keyboard:D
New keyboard OK that made me feel better :) a though a new quick loader :eek: :D

Yolo
06-01-2007, 09:23 PM
We need a AGE requirement or something...I can't tell you how many times I've had dialogue with someone only to hear see them close with, "can't pick it up now cause my Dad won't drive me..."...***

This particular guy is like Poacher said, just a kid. Give him break, sort of, but for the record. I personally will not partner with anyone on a sale, trade, or transaction unless they are over flipping 18 from now on. Problem is, everyone hides behind their screen name and you don't know who you are dealing with.

I felt so wierd when I went to go pick up a fish recently, their Father answered the door (my age), then I went up to junior's room with his friends sitting there paying Nintendo and picked up the fish.

"Can Johnny come out and play"

Oh boy...

EyeReef
06-01-2007, 09:26 PM
lol
hah

We need a AGE requirement or something...I can't tell you how many times I've had dialogue with someone only to hear see them close with, "can't pick it up now cause my Dad won't drive me..."...***

This particular guy is like Poacher said, just a kid. Give him break, sort of, but for the record. I personally will not partner with anyone on a sale, trade, or transaction unless they are over flipping 18 from now on. Problem is, everyone hides behind their screen name and you don't know who you are dealing with.

I felt so wierd when I went to go pick up a fish recently, their Father answered the door (my age), then I went up to junior's room with his friends sitting there paying Nintendo and picked up the fish.

Oh boy...

nanoreefbro
06-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Oh boy...

I know what you mean Mike but that is hilarious...:p :p :p

DaveMorris
06-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I recently had a member here come over to pick up a frag. His dad drove and his sister and girlfriend came with. Kinda weird, but kinda cool at the same time. Dad was asking tons of questions and was fascinated at my setup. I enjoyed the experience. They must be few and far between.

nanoreefbro
06-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Oh boy...

If not an age requirement then maybe have something to where their screen name is highlighted a different color? Premium members are orange, Moderators are red, under 18 maybe green or blue??

DaChrisDude
06-01-2007, 11:41 PM

Oh boy...

that's hilarious...

I think this thread has gone from a legitimate complaint to a pointless name-calling *****-slapping-fest.

Regardless of the validity of your arguments, you're acting stupid and childish. If you are trying to point out the lack of maturity in a person, it's counter-productive to stoop to childish behavior yourself.

Yolo
06-02-2007, 05:42 AM
But the point is, Do What you say you are going to do. This is not Costco, you don't return things. You man-up and deal with your purchase. A reputation is far more worth than a few corals or frags...I've bought entire systems when I really didn't want to at the last minute because I said I would. Integrity and Maturity comes in at some point and you really can't expect a high school kid to be at that level. Unfotunately, we don't all get that warning until they walk in the door.

deckmanx
06-02-2007, 06:30 AM
It's just bad manners all around to tell somebody to take something back after they went out of their way to bring it to you. Kid or not, if you buy it take some responsibility for that purchase.

SDguy
06-02-2007, 06:37 AM
I recently had a member here come over to pick up a frag. His dad drove and his sister and girlfriend came with. Kinda weird, but kinda cool at the same time. Dad was asking tons of questions and was fascinated at my setup. I enjoyed the experience. They must be few and far between.

I had the same experience when augiedog came to get frags. His mom drove him. It was actually really cool. She is very supportive of his hobby and asked tons of really good questions.

He came over when he said he would, so I don't think age is necessarily the mitigating factor of a smooth transaction

Chanas4
06-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Coral Diver and I PIF some corals to a 15 year old. Great kid. I know how kids at this age can be on dependability and difficulty of transportation. Sooo I delivered it to him. Offered to speak with the parents beforehand to make sure they were aware. When hubby and I got there he gave us a tour of his place and showed us his tanks, asked us alot of questions. Great kid. I believe legally one cannot enter into a contract with a minor, so cannot say too bad you paid for the coral you are keeping it. Buut I would make him deliver it back.

BigAir
06-02-2007, 08:25 AM
You buy something, and don't like it, sell it. Just wrong to make someone take something back, especially when they deliver it. Like has been said, we are not Costco.

DaChrisDude
06-02-2007, 08:29 AM
But the point is, Do What you say you are going to do. This is not Costco, you don't return things. You man-up and deal with your purchase. A reputation is far more worth than a few corals or frags...I've bought entire systems when I really didn't want to at the last minute because I said I would. Integrity and Maturity comes in at some point and you really can't expect a high school kid to be at that level. Unfotunately, we don't all get that warning until they walk in the door.

It's just bad manners all around to tell somebody to take something back after they went out of their way to bring it to you. Kid or not, if you buy it take some responsibility for that purchase.

I entirely agree with you. I think it's shameful to say you'll buy something, have them deliver it to you, then call them back saying you don't want it.

My point was that this thread had gone too far.

onad75
06-02-2007, 09:21 AM
He pm'ed me and apologize and saying he will keep the frag. I hope this tread learn us some lessson buyer/seller ( including me )
Thanks everyone.

Nick_Kun
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Alright, we should close the thread now.

467echo
06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
If I bought a coral at OG, they would not take it back! Have not tried, but just guessing.:)

JediReef
06-02-2007, 10:12 AM

If that's the case then that's messed up..

Chanas4
06-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Alright, we should close the thread now.

I agree, everyone has lapses in judgement. Its how we redeem ourselves that matters. I think he has redeemed himself on this occasion.

Jas0863
06-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Age should not be a factor. The individual made decision and an agreement, therefore it should have been final. Obviously he/she knows right from wrong. The best experience to date for me is with a kid and parents. Reputation is a huge plus within this hobby and basically comes down to don't burn the bridges as you cross because one day you may just have to turn back.