PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm A Little Richer Tonight

GoTakuF1
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/Weirdbeard666/quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell.gif

:eek: :D :p

luistwentyone
05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
didnt see the actual fight, just caught the highlights on ESPN.

he is one bad dude. the Iceman got luck it was stopped when it was

GoTakuF1
05-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Luis, the highlights are pretty much the whole fight so you didn't miss much :) You're right about the stoppage. You know it's a good stoppage when Chuck wakes up to ask the ref and his corner "What happened?"

SECTER1
05-26-2007, 10:16 PM
It was a good card. All the fight were pretty much good fights. Nothing great but I don't feel like I got took for my loot.

GoTakuF1
05-26-2007, 10:20 PM
The card didn't look great on paper but it turned out a lot better than some recent UFC cards. The Rampage KO was just icing on the cake for me.

Daniel
05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
cmon man... spoiler alert. :mad:

this is the 2nd UFC fight i've had ruined.

*SPOILER UFC RESULTS* - Why I'm a Little Richer Tonight

GoTakuF1
05-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Ah, sorry bro - come over my place and watch the next MMA event. I'll even make you some popcorn. :)

SECTER1
05-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Ah, sorry bro - come over my place and watch the next MMA event. I'll even make you some popcorn. :)

SDREEFS UFC fight night and BBQ and Frag Swap:D

swissfish
05-27-2007, 07:17 AM

And we can even set up an octagon for the guys arguing on this site all the time:)

deckmanx
05-27-2007, 07:40 AM
And we can even set up an octagon for the guys arguing on this site all the time:)

So down for this. And a boards UFC night.

Vayder1
05-28-2007, 03:29 PM
cmon man... spoiler alert. :mad:

this is the 2nd UFC fight i've had ruined.

*SPOILER UFC RESULTS* - Why I'm a Little Richer Tonight

Well I agree with you to an extent. I mean if you care so much about it how come you don't order it or come over to 1 of our houses to watch it? I'd be happy to have you over on the next one.

GoTakuF1
05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Well I agree with you to an extent. I mean if you care so much about it how come you don't order it or come over to 1 of our houses to watch it? I'd be happy to have you over on the next one.

Yeah, gotta stay away from mainstream sports media nowadays too since MMA is getting more coverage. It's a great thing :D

Daniel
05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Well, it's my fault for mindlessly clicking the threads. I care about the results, but was not able to catch the fight live, so it was an unexpected "spoil" to know what happened... but it's all good; I learned my lesson on SDReefs!

Finally saw the bout yesterday and it was a pretty exciting evening... :)

UFC is the future of contact sports... glad they're getting more mainstream! Next stop: HBO!

SDFISHMAN
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I would say Pride is going to take over UFC since Pride has better fighters.. I know theres is going to be a few UFC lovers that won't agree but I have yet to see one UFC fighter go over to pride and domonate like the pride fighters are going to do to the UFC..

pirate2876
05-28-2007, 10:56 PM
from what ive heard ufc bought pride.and is soon to join them.

GoTakuF1
05-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Zuffa recently purchased Pride from Dream Stage Entertainment so we'll get to see a lot of exciting cross-promotional fights. Finally, we'll get to see who the top fighter in each weight class is. Superbowl of MMA? Sweet!

GoTakuF1
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Also, with the unpredictability of MMA, it's hard to say if a fighter from one org will dominate another. For example, Napao's recent KO victory over Crocop. However, Pride's roster is deeper in certain weight classes which inevitably gives them an advantage. There are certain match ups that I'm just dying to see: Liddell vs. Wanderlei, Gomi vs. BJ 2 and Fedor vs. anyone :D

deckmanx
05-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Unfortunately I heard that they're going to try and make the UFC rules universal. They're going to change up a few of the Pride rules.

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Imho, that would be bad ownership on Zuffa's part since the rules are what make Pride so interesting and different than the UFC. If they host Pride events in the US, then there's no doubt they have to change it up a bit. But if they want to sell tickets in Japan and PPV orders worldwide, they should keep the old rules for Pride's HUGE international fanbase.

luistwentyone
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/Weirdbeard666/quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell.gif

:eek: :D :p

WOW !

Jackson "outboxed" him, huh ?

boalgf
05-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Just bought a 50" plasma. Maybe I'll host a fight night. :cool:

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 11:23 AM
WOW !

Jackson "outboxed" him, huh ?

Some can say that Chuck hasn't fought an A-level striker since he first lost to Rampage in '03. He was clearly outclassed against Rampage this time though as his lazy style caught up to him big time. Chuck is a great guy but I really think Dana White built him up to be something he's not. He'll be back though.

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing Rampage as champ. He cracks me up! :D

Therapy
05-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Rampage is a beast . Anyone watch the ultimate fighter reality show? I cant wait for Bj Penn to fight the little evil dude. They seem to really hate each other, MAN are their ears JACKED UP !!
I am am IN who ever hosts the next MMA fight at their house

luistwentyone
05-29-2007, 12:13 PM
......MAN are their ears JACKED UP !!

huh ? what did you say ?

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Rampage is a beast . Anyone watch the ultimate fighter reality show? I cant wait for Bj Penn to fight the little evil dude. They seem to really hate each other, MAN are their ears JACKED UP !!
I am am IN who ever hosts the next MMA fight at their house

Hilo Boy, BJ, will utterly destroy Jens Pulver. I'd put a grand on it! Penn will easily become 155/170 lbs champ if/when given the chance. He's one of the most gifted fighters in recent history. But yeah, he's got some nasty cauliflower ears though :eek:

Therapy
05-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Hilo Boy, BJ, will utterly destroy Jens Pulver. I'd put a grand on it! Penn will easily become 155/170 lbs champ if/when given the chance. He's one of the most gifted fighters in recent history. But yeah, he's got some nasty cauliflower ears though :eek:

Yeah, BJ Penn lived in the same area in Hilo as my grandma did. Of course I will be rooting for him.

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, BJ Penn lived in the same area in Hilo as my grandma did. Of course I will be rooting for him.

No kidding! Of course he has quite a following in Hawaii and the keen MMA fans love him too. If he hadn't incur that rib injury during the second Hughes fight, he would've continued to dominate him to become the 170lbs champ again. He's a slick mofo on the ground!

SDFISHMAN
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Quinton jackson gets owned..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUuh7UvFP1M

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Rampage also lost to a little Japanese guy named Sakuraba. But Rampage of '05 is a lot different than Rampage of '07. Even so, Shogun is arguably the best 205 fighter in the world right now. It'll be interesting to see if Rampage can beat Hendo or Shogun with his new training camp.

SDFISHMAN
05-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey Minh this is the one I want to see..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OX7xxuY9CbI&mode=related&search=

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Justin, that'd be a crazy showdown. Wandy has been on a slump lately so I think he needs a little break from training and let his protege tear through the 205 division. Wandy and Chuck must happen in the future though since I think it'd be a better match up for Chuck than Rampage.

deckmanx
05-29-2007, 02:54 PM
BJ Penn's style is extremely versatile. I would look forward to him becoming a champ. I train some similar techniques to BJ's at the school I attend. Fun stuff.

GoTakuF1
05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Where do you train?

supaboy1981
06-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I would say Pride is going to take over UFC since Pride has better fighters.. I know theres is going to be a few UFC lovers that won't agree but I have yet to see one UFC fighter go over to pride and domonate like the pride fighters are going to do to the UFC..

I am sorry but I have to chime in on this one.

ON average UFC fighters have a better record than pride fighters comming to the UFC

Examples

Mirko Cro Cop Devastating knockout loss at the hands of Gabriel Gonzaga

Nick Diaz destruction of PRide lightweight champ GOmi Takanori

Tito Ortiz decision win over Wanderlei Silva

There are more but I cant think of them now for some reason

GoTakuF1
06-02-2007, 12:54 AM
What's up Jonathan? Long time no talk bud. Well, it goes both ways in your argument though.

For example, Cro Cop also defeated the following ex UFC stars (two ex-UFC champs): Randleman, Barnettx2, Mark Coleman.

Also, Gomi KO'ed Jens Pulver (ex-UFC champ). Diaz's bout with Gomi was actually changed to a NC due to Diaz being under the influence. Gomi beat himself in that fight rather than Diaz "destroying" him. Gomi broke Diaz' orbital bone and simply gassed due to not training for the fight. He has a history of throwing non-championship fights. In a rematch, with the belt on the line I'll put 10k on Gomi.

Regarding the Ortiz/Wandy fight, if you saw it, Tito was running away from Wand most of the time. If it was under Pride rules, Wandy would've taken it due to his desire to finish the fight and not simply lay/pray. This was also ages ago when Wandy was in his early 20's and way before he became the Wandy we know today. I'd also put my money on Wandy in a rematch.

For the matches that do count, Anderson Silva did destroy Rich Franklin in a dominating fashion for the WW belt. Rampage also dominated Chuck twice for the LHW belt.

It's easy to argue which org is/was better in that sense. However, Pride simply has a deeper roster with more talents except for maybe the 170 lbs division since they don't really have one. In any case, this is moot now since it appears Zuffa's intent is to cherry pick the top Pride talents for the UFC :mad: Pride may be no more :(

GoTakuF1
06-02-2007, 01:01 AM
BTW, anyone ordering the K1 Dynamite event this Sat? As much as I love Sakuraba, my MMA budget is maxed out for this month :o

Daniel
06-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Some of the beatings Sakuraba endures amaze me... he's got a skull made of steel!

deckmanx
06-02-2007, 06:35 AM
I train at the International Self Defense Center (which is a terrible name) in Poway with Nick and Chris Mechling. These guys are not really known at all here in the area but travel around the world at least a quarter of the year, if not more. They bring in seminars from all over including Saekson Janjira, Samart Payakaroon, Royler Gracie, Bas Rutten... The Pan Am is actually going on in Long Beach today, I wish I hadn't taken a long break from training, or I would be competing.

supaboy1981
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
BTW, anyone ordering the K1 Dynamite event this Sat? As much as I love Sakuraba, my MMA budget is maxed out for this month :o

Didn't order it but I did read about it and

**SPOILER**

Gracie won by decision. Lesner won by Ground and pound, and the former NFL line backer got KTFO refused to supply a post fight urine sample and has been suspended indefinetly.

I was thinking about the pride thing too and I read a long list of UFC fighters that had victories over Pride fighters.

Your right about TITo however he did land some blows that had Wanderlei on the verge for a bit. I was wondering if anyone would bring up the no contest thing with NIck Diaz.

Gomi also lost to Bj penn and Matt Serra in a grapling match.

I remember seeing Anderson silva get caught in a scissor take down and submitted in a ankle lock. It was mega sweet.

Randleman also knocked out Cro cop too and slammed Fedor on his head.

Fedor beat up Matt LIdland and gracie got beat by sakuraba.

we can go on and on all night, truth be told both organizationa had great talent on thier roster and now UFC has them all. I want them to bring in the 145 lb class and show off Urijah Faber, that guy is an animal.