PDA

View Full Version : SPS and clown gobies?

Dannyboy
09-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone has ever had any problems with mixing clown gobies and SPS. I have seen them together many times and thought it would be really cool to have a couple perching on my SPS. I bought a citron and a yellow clown goby and the citron is fine but the yellow clown is nipping at my SPS's. I noticed it when the polyps on the SPS's were not extending at all and first thought it was something wrong with the water but everything tested fine. Now I see him constantly nipping at the corals. It doesn't look like he is doing actual damage but will it cause the corals to stress? Has anyone ever seen this before and do you think it's normal? It is leaving alone 2 digi's but really picks at a green slimer, tri colored and a green stag. I'm just not sure if I should get rid of him or let him do his thing. What do you guys think?

Dannyboy
09-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah thats kinda what I figured. It probably just depends on the individual fish. Like I said the other citron is doing fine and perches up on the corals but does not nip at them at all. Well it's off to the 10gal for him. Thanks

peterluber
09-22-2004, 06:08 PM
i know this is off of the SPS subject, but yellows and citrons, would either be okay with an ocellaris or perc? or would they be too aggressive? i was asking because i figured anybody on this thread would probably know something about them

GAD
09-23-2004, 07:18 AM
I noticed my yellow goby nips at sps...now i may need to figure out how to catch it.

Dannyboy
09-23-2004, 12:55 PM
I noticed my yellow goby nips at sps...now i may need to figure out how to catch it
I caught mine at night when it was sleeping. Since they are so disoriented at night it was easy. I already had a yellow in my 10gal so I gave it away to a friend. Now all my SPS polyps are opening fine again.

but yellows and citrons, would either be okay with an ocellaris or perc? or would they be too aggressive?
Right now I have a pair of juvi true percs in a 10gal reef with a yellow clown goby and a clown goby. They all get along just fine and the 2 gobies even perch in the same xenia together. The 2 percs are going into a 30gal just for them in 2 weeks though so I dont know how the long term would be with that mix since the percs are just juvies(1").

brahm
09-23-2004, 01:07 PM
i had one, it didn't cause any problems.. I miss the little guy. .DAMN YOU SEIO!!