PDA

View Full Version : change brakes

ricestudios
05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
anyone know a cheap place to change my front brakes? dealer is charging me 290 for new ones.

R

coral diver
05-15-2007, 08:53 AM
iVgonMad got a shop its called MAXIMUS Auto center 801 brodway ste.c chula vista give him a call and present your self you could get a discount

iVgOnMaD
05-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Yup I do, LMK you cars info and I will get you a quote :)

Thanks CD

ricestudios
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
oh wow i live a min from that place. i have a toyota tacoma 04 prerunner 4 door 2wd

mazilla
05-15-2007, 11:54 PM
kragen, a lug wrench, a socket or two, a "c" clamp, some brake fluid, and about 30 minutes. maybe 30 bucks if you have the above parts(the lug wrench is already there) if not maybe $50. since it's such a new car, and a toyota it should be a piece of cake.

Dakota
05-17-2007, 07:47 AM
kragen, a lug wrench, a socket or two, a "c" clamp, some brake fluid, and about 30 minutes. maybe 30 bucks if you have the above parts(the lug wrench is already there) if not maybe $50. since it's such a new car, and a toyota it should be a piece of cake.

I'll second this. Most dealers charge the high price because they feel the need to flush the entire brake system, yada yada.... I know Sears will replace pads and turn rotors for < $100 if you don't want to do it yourself.

reefreak
05-17-2007, 08:15 AM
I'll keep right on with these guys. I don't think I've ever taken my cars in to have the brakes done. Its just to easy to do it yourself. The first time might be tricky, but after that you'll be a pro. Hell, I can change a set of disc brakes faster then most people can change a flat tire.

BTW, one thing I learned after my first time. Make sure you pump the brake a few times to build up the pressure. I almost put my car threw a fence after my first brake job. I'll never make that mistake again:D

SECTER1
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
anyone know a cheap place to change my front brakes? dealer is charging me 290 for new ones.

R

Is that new rotors? Or just turned? Is that all 4 or just the fronts.

Dakota
05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Is that new rotors? Or just turned? Is that all 4 or just the fronts.

R

:D ahem. PLus, at that price, I'm assuming bran spankin' new rotors. . . with extra rotorness.. or something gold plated... maybe diamonds....

SECTER1
05-17-2007, 09:21 AM
:D ahem. PLus, at that price, I'm assuming bran spankin' new rotors. . . with extra rotorness.. or something gold plated... maybe diamonds....

I need to learn how to read...I think I have ADD..Sorry!