PDA

View Full Version : House I may be buying

suver569
09-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Ok, so the house I MAY be buying has one cool feature...2, yes 2, built in 125 gallon tanks.

I'll get a pic the next time i'm over there, but basically, it's 2 stacked 125 gallon acrylic tanks, with quite a large snake cage underneath.

Now, the thought is this.....Turn the top tank into a huge refuge for the main tank, which is at eye level (well, around eye level to me at least), and turn the snake cage into an equipment area, with possibly a chiller.

Lemme know what yer thoughs are.

suver569
09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by suver569
Ok, so the house I MAY be buying has one cool feature...2, yes 2, built in 125 gallon tanks.

I'll get a pic the next time i'm over there, but basically, it's 2 stacked 125 gallon acrylic tanks, with quite a large snake cage underneath.

Now, the thought is this.....Turn the top tank into a huge refuge for the main tank, which is at eye level (well, around eye level to me at least), and turn the snake cage into an equipment area, with possibly a chiller.

Lemme know what yer thoughs are.

EDIT: Oh yea, and one though was going to be ducting the AC into the enclosure, or possibly having a separate window AC unit to cool just the tank enclosure.

colindoug3
09-17-2004, 11:47 AM
you like the rest of the house too . . . right?

suver569
09-17-2004, 12:09 PM
oh yea, I mean sure......I think it has 3 bedrooms and a couple of bathrooms, maybe a garage or something like that..

But the built in tanks are cool!!

J/K My friend is selling me the house, and I've been in and out of that house for the last 12 years. I know it inside and out.

TXreef
09-17-2004, 12:21 PM
So let me get this straight, you are going to buy two 125 gallon tanks that are built into a 3 bedroom 2 bath fish room with a garage. Awesome.

MrKrispy
09-17-2004, 12:46 PM
LOL