PDA

View Full Version : SevenStock 7, Hope you like rotaries

SDRotary
09-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Here is a ton of rotary powered pics. I didn't want to waste as much bandwith with 50+ pics so I will just link it. Plus I am lazy :D But I wanted to share a hobby I love, although do less with it bc of these damm tanks :eek:

50+ SevenStock 7 pics (http://www.predatoryfish.net/ibforums/index.php?showtopic=70395)

colindoug3
09-14-2004, 11:47 PM
sweet, which one's yours? also, about the supra, with 1070whp... whats the W stand for?

and The Trust's avatar is Fing hot.

MarLooney
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
i love RE Amemyia's creations. their lines are soo smooth. the pink contertible FD w/ porche headlights & corvette tails is one of my favorites.

brahm
09-15-2004, 12:26 PM
..TO FAST>... TO FURIOUS..

SDRotary
09-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by brahm
..TO FAST>... TO FURIOUS..

1500hp 2.0L 3 rotor is far from f & f. It runs 6.8's as well. Not a *** kitted integra that runs 15's. Just bc there are no camaro's don't be a hater :D. You do know chevy tried to make a rotary, even a 12 rotor corvette but their skills were lacking and never produced it, too bad, I might have bought a chevy then.

the w in whp means wheel hp as opposed to bhp which is brake, or measured at the flywheel.

Mine didn't make it. Nor did the other car I was driving, which was a austin healy sprite with a rotary in it. It was cherry but was running @ 220f which is much too hot to be sitting in trafic in.

colindoug3
09-15-2004, 11:12 PM
I was under the impression that bhp was "british horse power." Are these the same?

brahm
09-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by SDRotary
1500hp 2.0L 3 rotor is far from f & f. It runs 6.8's as well. Not a *** kitted integra that runs 15's. Just bc there are no camaro's don't be a hater :D. You do know chevy tried to make a rotary, even a 12 rotor corvette but their skills were lacking and never produced it, too bad, I might have bought a chevy then.

the w in whp means wheel hp as opposed to bhp which is brake, or measured at the flywheel.

Mine didn't make it. Nor did the other car I was driving, which was a austin healy sprite with a rotary in it. It was cherry but was running @ 220f which is much too hot to be sitting in trafic in.

hey i liked that movie who's hating.

SDRotary
09-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Bhp is always brake hp, they use a "brake" on the flywheel to measure the amount of force produced. The real hp # is always what is put to the wheels in whp, this is what actually drives the car after the loss due to inertia/friction from trans, driveshaft, axels ect. It doesn't sound as good though. All auto makers rate in bhp because its more obviously. Otherwise the wrx would be rated at 170 whp (227bhp), RX-8 180 whp vs (238 bhp) and so on. The problem with whp is almost every style of dyno uses different software/computers/methods and produce diff #'s.

SDRotary
09-15-2004, 11:36 PM

I am, I hated that movie, it made racers look like gangsta's and no racer I hung with had 7' decals running down their cars. Also a crappy civic and integra with bolt ons can hang with a t4 eclipse or a 3rd gen 7 with nos. I like real street racing personally but thanks to this movie, they put an end to it :mad: :(

colindoug3
09-15-2004, 11:40 PM
The Fast and The Furious = Point Break 2
Too Fast, Too Furious = Point Break 3

It's been done before. A cop does something to infiltrate blah blah blah and etc. Same plot, different characters.

edit: I also meant to ask what british horse power is then. Is this just another crazy number off the dyno like you mentioned?

MarLooney
09-15-2004, 11:51 PM
FD3... whatever... none of them can F w/ this car! :D

LOL! :p... check out the honda next to it. red emblem, spoiler, three spoke rims... both of them must be hella fast.

3 rotor what!?!?! try 3-cylinders! HHAHHAA... :D

SDRotary
09-15-2004, 11:55 PM
It looks like a Aveo! (runs out to jack someone for 3 spokes)

SDRotary
09-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by colindoug3
The Fast and The Furious = Point Break 2
Too Fast, Too Furious = Point Break 3

It's been done before. A cop does something to infiltrate blah blah blah and etc. Same plot, different characters.

edit: I also meant to ask what british horse power is then. Is this just another crazy number off the dyno like you mentioned?

I havn't heard of this before. Beats me, sorry I cant be of more help there. Maybe someone else knows?

obarrera
09-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Haha I wonder how fast those small cars can go.

SDRotary
09-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Well, a little google helped me. British HP is the imperial rating for hp which seems to be the same as our rating of hp. It can be expressed by the ability to lift/move 550 lbs 1' in 1 second. Here is a better description:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/34_472.html

colindoug3
09-16-2004, 12:20 AM
So it would take a horse one second to lift a 550lb man 1 foot? That is damn respectful.

brahm
09-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by SDRotary
I am, I hated that movie, it made racers look like gangsta's and no racer I hung with had 7' decals running down their cars. Also a crappy civic and integra with bolt ons can hang with a t4 eclipse or a 3rd gen 7 with nos. I like real street racing personally but thanks to this movie, they put an end to it :mad: :(

lol, I don't know what street races you were going to but yea, there was a small group of people that went out and raced, and that was that.. But you got to the MM500 and it was like 1,000 wanna be ganstas with stickered covered slow cars. IT was going to happen sooner or later. Street Racing has always gone through periods of cool down. Couple years drag net will be disbanned and we will be back.. The movie wasn't that far off, just more of an exeration of what the majority of street racing was like.

Bickmade
09-16-2004, 08:05 AM
I love the the rotary engine, especially a displacment of 2.0 making 1500whp. Toyota and Madza are two companies I like, but I'm still Nissan/Infiniti bias.

JeromeBaker
09-16-2004, 12:09 PM
The fast and the furious was a pretty weak movie but I have to say the night it came out, the illegal races went off here in san diego. Who was there? One of the best nights ever. KernyVilla, lightwave, firehouse, awesome.

I actually saw a street bike going probably 80 slam into the back of a parked pickup. The rider flew over the bed through the back window, through the windsheild, down the hood, and then tumbled about 30 feet down the road. The next weekend at the texaco on miramar road I got pulled over for my window tint and the cop said the kid was still in intensive care.:(

it seems like that week or maybe the week after, the major crackdown was enforced.

There is still races happening in sandiego though, there just a secret.;)

Bickmade
09-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Street racing is Illegal, we shouldn't be even talking about it on the forums. But my uncle is a fire fighter and he has had plenty of accidents infront of the fire house. I lost a friend on the 54 racing, so no more for me.

brahm
09-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Bah, as big as you guys think street racing was after FATF it was WAY bigger before. It had already started to fizzle out by the time FATF came around, and the movie gave it a little kick start in the ass again with a bit more Knuckles head/ posers, that drove around in circles are were to scared to race.

If you remeber what TRADE was like a few years before FATF, or what the DOMS were like way before that movie even came out back in the JIB, BK, and SS days.

I think that sad that your best night at the street races invovles somebody getting hurt.. I'd have to say some of the accidents I witnessed were the WORST nite at the street races.

SDRotary
09-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Believe me I remember trade street. I pinged my way down that strip on n20 a few too many times. It was too small for the amount of cars though. My fav place was right by Brahms frag swaps on Morena blvd. Plenty of room to race and watch. I went out for about 3-4 years before the big crackdown. It was always fun to have somewhere to go when everything else was closing up.

JeromeBaker
09-16-2004, 01:15 PM
That kid getting hurt was not a highlight just a coincidence. That was one of the sadest things I have seen.

The movie turned the races into a fad(the import races). The import races were never really that impressive anyway although they pulled tons of people. It made a better party than anything else.

The muscle car races on the other hand now that's a different story. that was racing.