PDA

View Full Version : Another flake among us.

rudy
04-20-2007, 05:47 AM
This "criminal" said he WTB LR & LS.
I give him a good deal on both and he says it's good and he'll come get it the next day. NO show!!:mad:
No reply to post and PM and no call.
He wants a few things, I wonder if he actually has bought anything?
All you Flakes Suck.
If you don't intend to actually come and get the things you say you'll buy, don't bother asking for it or saying you'll buy it.
I know Fallbrook is far for most of you, but in the upper right side of the page, there it is, Location: Fallbrook.
A simple PM saying you don't want it would have been cool.
The list grows.

Shemp
04-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Bummer Rudy;

I'm almost in the same boat living in Alpine. I have had one guy come all the way out there, but usually i've been making the trek to their houses or meeting halfway...much like you. I haven't had any flakes yet...

DaChrisDude
04-20-2007, 08:17 AM
I get flaked on living in Escondido, can't imagine being in Fallbrook...

pitfish
04-20-2007, 08:23 AM
If a buyer is looking for a good deal, it pays to jump on it and look the location up later. Otherwise, if you see the deal and spend the time to look up the location, another person will snatch it up. Have you tried to contact him? Maybe something important came up that prevented him from contacting you. I hope it's nothing serious.

luistwentyone
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
This "criminal" said he WTB LR & LS.
I give him a good deal on both and he says it's good and he'll come get it the next day. NO show!!:mad:
No reply to post and PM and no call.
He wants a few things, I wonder if he actually has bought anything?
All you Flakes Suck.
If you don't intend to actually come and get the things you say you'll buy, don't bother asking for it or saying you'll buy it.
I know Fallbrook is far for most of you, but in the upper right side of the page, there it is, Location: Fallbrook.
A simple PM saying you don't want it would have been cool.
The list grows.

Rudy, tell us who this flake is :)

jblaze
04-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree, tell us who. I think we should start calling people out. If someone flakes on another member, I'd rather not deal with that person.

Chopper
04-20-2007, 08:54 AM
I agree, tell us who.

He did

Shemp
04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
thats a bit harsh, i hope that we can show some mercy and not start jumping on people for being inconsistant.

rudy
04-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Have you tried to contact him? Maybe something important came up that prevented him from contacting you. I hope it's nothing serious.
I PMed him and posted the question in his thread. I know he posted to 11 other threads AFTER the times that I sent those messages.
Just a flake.

loose-electron
04-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Distance should be a factor in deciding wether or not you make an offer on something. I found my tank-setup in Murrieta (on here) and I live in Point Loma. Made the drive at 9PM-ish a piece of cake.

Fallbrook or Escondido? not too far to drive for a good deal.
Jerry

rudy
04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Distance should be a factor in deciding wether or not you make an offer on something. I found my tank-setup in Murrieta (on here) and I live in Point Loma. Made the drive at 9PM-ish a piece of cake.

Fallbrook or Escondido? not too far to drive for a good deal.
Jerry
Good point.
Here was the deal, 30 Lbs. live rock and about 100 lbs LS-$80.
My location is up there.
He liked the deal, I told him where I live, he said he would come the next day.

Redeye
04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I have flaked on acouple things, but not really, I agree to buy, then PM asking for Name and number and never hear back from people

Things to do this weekend: Trade Xenia for purple goodness
Visit Pirate for another Purchase
Find out who the heck wanted to buy these sweepers, I cleared mailboxs and accidently erased the person who wanted these

Chanas4
04-21-2007, 10:05 AM
This person is a teenage boy. They tend to be pretty flaky from my experience with my son. Forget what they were doing. Or jump on something not thinking out the bigger picture.They dont realize the importance of keeping their word. :D I think my son was like that right around the age of 16-17.

schuyler5237
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
you should also be warry of people selling filters and such....in "running"like new condition.they act like they are giving you a deal then it takes 100 bucks to get the thing running!

Shemp
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Thats not flaking...its faking

fasteronfire
04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
sometimes theres confusion as to if you're just interested or for sure purchasing. . thats what "pending" is for. . . but communication is key. . . my internet connection is inconsistent. . so i apologize if anyone feels ive flaked on them. . . but if you tell someone that you're going to be there. . . be there, or at least dont leave the other person hanging. . we're dealing with live animals and delicate things. . time is money. . when curing liverock waiting for someone or whatever. . . anyway thats my 2 cents sorry for the essay :)

sdfreshwaterkid
04-27-2007, 05:56 PM
ehhh flakers/fakers

where ever there is a good deal, i go! and if its free iam there...all you flakers if you complain and dont PM thats rude...ive driven prolly hundreds and hundreds of miles in the last couple months just going around SD..and iam in la jolla

sorry about the flaker rudy =(

dc_909
04-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Who is it? I say you call him out, so I know not to deal with them.

I can't tell you how many people are "interested" in my stuff, but don't realize I'm in Murrieta.

I haven't had any flakes yet, and I hope not to.

Saltwater Taffy
04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff!

dc_909
04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Exactly, I don't want to waste my short life waiting for someone to show when they said they would.

Chanas4
04-28-2007, 08:07 AM
I have had people flake on me. What I do now is, I wait until the specified time. If they dont show and dont call, then Im off to whatever else I have to do. If someone wantes me to hold something for them, same thing. Its reposted the next day

DaChrisDude
04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
I have had people flake on me. What I do now is, I wait until the specified time. If they dont show and dont call, then Im off to whatever else I have to do. If someone wantes me to hold something for them, same thing. Its reposted the next day

Similar w me. I try to give people a specific window, if they don't show, I'm gone.

seahorse_man
05-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Wpd7 flaked on me.:mad:

wpd7
05-02-2007, 09:31 AM
I know I did- we kept playing phone tag and it was a bad week at work (kept staying late)...

Besides, I tried looking for you at the store last weekend to try to work something out, but you weren;t there. Eric helped me out... :p

luistwentyone
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
:( my girlfriend flaked on me

wpd7
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
She got jealous of your tank....

seahorse_man
05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Then I called you at the end no answer left a message,then did it again the next day.

luistwentyone
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
ok ok, I have a quick one (I just thought of this one)

what do you call a Mexican that flakes ?

Corn Flakes !!!! :D

malachai629
05-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't get it. What's the correlation, Luis? Maybe . . . corn tortillas? Maiz Flakes maybe? Illuminate La Gavacha, please! : )

pk-sd
05-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Someone pass the the popcorn, this will be a long one. :rolleyes:

Use PM to resolve the issue!!

LMAO !!!!!:D

luistwentyone
05-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't get it. What's the correlation, Luis? Maybe . . . corn tortillas? Maiz Flakes maybe? Illuminate La Gavacha, please! : )

lol, I just thought of it, give me a break I'm not a comedian.

but you were on it, corn tortillas......flakes......

my grandma use to make corn tortillas from scratch, grow the corn, grind it, and walla

Chanas4
05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
ok ok, I have a quick one (I just thought of this one)

what do you call a Mexican that flakes ?

Corn Flakes !!!! :D

:D No Luis, its "corn fleis"

malachai629
05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Luis, that sounds SOOO good right now. Did you learn how to do it?