PDA

View Full Version : a sad day....

SDA619
09-05-2004, 03:49 PM
so i came home today after having my tank move home...

and many of my corals were dead.... first they didn t turn on the lights for two days then the lights were only on for like 4 hours a day... then i find that the deep sand bed was shaken up...

many casualties...

my ten headed frogspawn given to me as a gift from a kind reefer was dead bleached out not coming out. my blue zoo frag MIA. small devils hand...MIA

couple of other frags MIA
lg green mushroom melted away...
i got cyano all over the place....

im sad... but i guess i blame myself.

pk-sd
09-05-2004, 07:49 PM
I how did this happen ??

colindoug3
09-06-2004, 10:43 AM
bummer :-(

SDA619
09-06-2004, 04:53 PM
so what happened is that im about one week from finally graduating... so i had my parents bring the tank down to chula vista from irvine. I gave them exact directions on how to do everything. but the directions didnt get followed....
since most of the prized zoos like the ones chillywilly gave me look like rock rubble when the zoos are closed they were just thrown in the tank... plus i said put the light timer to 9 hours but they were turning them on manually...
i couldnt go home cuz i had to go with my girlfriend to a banquet that evening....

i found some stuff today hopefully it will open but my frogspawn died for sure. the heads are all bleached out.

pk-sd
09-06-2004, 05:05 PM
I think the problem is that you have a girlfriend. You will have to choose one. There is not enough time to have a reef-tank and a girlfriend. So you either have to dump your girlfriend or give us your corals.:D

On the other hand, don’t worry about it. Life finds a way to survive. You will be amazed to see how things come back to life. Good luck.

Tarasco
09-07-2004, 03:08 PM
If you get lucky, you get the girlfriend into the reeftank. Then she'll buy you gift certificates to the LFS as gifts.

Bummer about your tank. I bet most of it will pull through, though.

SDA619
09-08-2004, 10:54 AM
thanks guys.... well lost a few zoos to some bacteria....

i found most of my frags... most everything is openning up except for my frogspawn damn.

the only good news is that soon all the nano stuff will be moved into the 55g FO reef conversion which will soon be powered by dual 250's if i ever find a wiring diagram.

my gramma has this wierd infection where his scales become discolored and he breathes heavily... not ich or marine velvet as my clown lived for quite a long time when it developed this as well a long time ago. He is still eating and swimming normally.
any ideas?

brahm
09-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SDA619
thanks guys.... well lost a few zoos to some bacteria....

i found most of my frags... most everything is openning up except for my frogspawn damn.

the only good news is that soon all the nano stuff will be moved into the 55g FO reef conversion which will soon be powered by dual 250's if i ever find a wiring diagram.

my gramma has this wierd infection where his scales become discolored and he breathes heavily... not ich or marine velvet as my clown lived for quite a long time when it developed this as well a long time ago. He is still eating and swimming normally.
any ideas?

If you want another frogspawn head, I can cut you off a couple from my tank.

Tarasco
09-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by SDA619
any ideas?
Dunno, sounds weird. Can you get a pic?