PDA

View Full Version : My 37gal (trying for TOTM)

Clownaholic
09-05-2004, 12:14 AM
My 37gal Eclipse. A good friend gave me the tank to start me off. I quickly dropped a wallet into it, just to get things started. Nearly a year later... I'm really pleased with how it looks.

Vitals:
45lbs LR (one big plate on back wall)
20lbs Base rock
3" sand bed

Long Tentacle Umbrella
Blasto Merletti
Shrooms (red, purple, hairy)
Zoos (orange mouth w/green skirt and another with brown skirt) (powder blue, pink)
Green Buttom Polyp
Green Star Polyp
Cabbage Coral
Colt Coral (leather... Kenia Tree)
Frogspawn
Xenia (pom pom and elongated)
Yellow Star polyps
Torch Coral
Porites (xmas tree rock w/feather dusters)

Scallop
Turbo snails
Asterea snails
Hermits (only a couple left)
Fire Shrimp
Pistol Shrimp (eat the hermits and uses shells to build caves)
Anemone Crab (hangs in the torch cause the Clarkii kicks her butt)

Clarkii Pair
Yellow Watchman (pistol shrimp's bud)
Clown Goby
Neon Goby (gold stripe and blue stripe) (mating)
Golden Assessor
Barnicale Blenny (clarkii female killed the male 20 seconds after he hit the water, then stuffed his body in the anemone) No evidence!

MrKrispy
09-06-2004, 11:23 AM
hey more pics more pics!

What is on the back glass?

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Porites w/xmas tree worms

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Bubble Tip w/ female Clarkii (Clover)

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Blasto Merletti (spelling?)

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Green Hairy Shrooms

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Long Tentacle Umbrella (from M.Parkis)

I love how this this sweeps around in the current. The Clarkii play ring around the rosie with it too...

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Xenia Elongated

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Xenia Pom Pom (recently trimmed and donated to a fellow reefer)

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Zoos (various colors) one of several frags in the tank.

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Barnicle Blenny (F) in her house. The male got to far away and was killed by the female Clarkii and stuffed in the anemone.

JeromeBaker
09-06-2004, 01:54 PM
the clarki killed the blenny and fed it to the anemone? That's funny. I guess that's nature right?

Clownaholic
09-06-2004, 04:17 PM
It happened so fast, all I could do was stand there with my mouth open thinking... I could have rolled and smoked a Jefferson and gotten the same value. I look back and laugh now. At the time it didn't seem funny. Everyone else gets a laugh though! :D

Tarasco
09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Cool tank. Are clarkii's always that aggressive? Seems like the mean clowns I always hear about turn out to be clarkii's. Funny story though.

Clownaholic
09-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Clarkii aren't normally that aggressive. This was a male in a mated pair I was watching at AW. Then the female died. So I took him (now referred to he/she) home with a juvi hoping to make a new pair. They got along great the first week. Now, he/she is chasing the juvi around all the time. Don't know if this is just a "phase". I guess I'd be pretty angry if one day I was a guy then all the sudden things got switched and I was expected to be the women in the relationship. He/she is probably trying to chase off the juvi so he doesn't have to change. Well, that's my logic. Why he/she killed the barnicle blenny is still a mystery though. (you are correct though, it is a funny story... for everyone else)

GAD
09-09-2004, 08:14 AM
How long have you had that christmas tree worm rock for?? I was thinking about getting one myself. Any special requirements needed?

Clownaholic
09-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I've had the christmas tree rock about 2-3 months now. You don't need MH lights, I've been running PC's. You cannot have a Butterfly in the tank. They like feather dusters A LOT! Other than that. Normal stuff, good tank/water parameters etc.

colindoug3
09-14-2004, 11:32 PM
That xmas trees are nice. What is the stuff just to the right of it (the big purple piece). Zoo/polyp colony without polyps extended? Is it attached to the glass? Looks great. 200th post, woohoo!

TXreef
09-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Tank looks really good, great pics Thanx for sharing