PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

simplepleasures
09-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I have a 35 gal. tank with 35lbs. of live rock that has been running for 4-5 months. (Pics is members tanks, in past pages) All water tests are good. Here is the problem my first fish was a yellow clown goby, then fire shrimp, then signal goby, then true perc and no they were not just thrown at once. Now all I have is a true perc. First signal goby, then clown goby, then fire shimp died. I have seen the perc dancing next to the other fish when I walk in to the room then he stops. Is the clown making them die from stress etc? What should I do 1-trade clown in for another maybe this one is just really agressive 2-get enemone so the clown only protects it 3-your suggestions? (note: got another clown goby in tank last night and have seen perc dancing next to him- watching this very closely)
Thanks for your advice, I know this is more of a trading site but just thought I would ask.

casey

suver569
09-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Clowns have been known to be territorial. Ask ron at OG, he's got one that will bite you if you get your hand in the tank. It's quite possible....Did you notice any damage to the corpse's?

simplepleasures
09-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Did notice signal goby with damaged side and tail fin (instead of arcing out at the end the were concaved in if that makes sence) and little niks in the clown gobies tail fin. What I think happened is the other fish were just stressed from constant nagging. the clown goby got ick really bad in one day and no other fish had gotten it and the perc didn't get it.
so what do you think is the answer.
thanks,
simple

MrKrispy
09-04-2004, 03:27 PM
they all died from ich. The clown is impervious (like a Terminator) or will die from it also.

My opinion.