PDA

View Full Version : Marquez vs Barrera....(boxing)....

luistwentyone
03-18-2007, 08:32 PM
anybody watch the Marquez vs Barrera fight last night ? WOW !

if you like boxing, this is a must see fight. I watched it all day today.

if you have HBO, they are going to replay it this coming Saturday 6pm or 7pm

nanoreefbro
03-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Who won Luis?? I missed it..

luistwentyone
03-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Who won Luis?? I missed it..

sent you PM with the winner

nanoreefbro
03-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Got it..Thanks bro..:D

Jas0863
03-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Bad decision, I think Barrera retained his belt. Setup for a rematch. Nevertheless, the fights were good.

nvrscrd619
03-18-2007, 10:12 PM
dont matter who wins rematch...neither have n/e thing on manny.

luistwentyone
03-18-2007, 10:44 PM
dont matter who wins rematch...neither have n/e thing on manny.

Marquez took Manny to school for 11 rds, and Manny still was given a gift draw

Marquez is too skillful and experienced for Manny, simply just too much for Manny, thats why Manny has been ducking him.

nvrscrd619
03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
not even...if the three knock down rule was in effect there wouldnt have even been there other 11 rds to deal with. either way its still the only fight really out there for him...pay day.

luistwentyone
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
not even...if the three knock down rule was in effect there wouldnt have even been there other 11 rds to deal with. either way its still the only fight really out there for him...pay day.

don't get me wrong, I like Manny, he is good for boxing, but 11 rds to 1......go figure

ringo
03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
don't get me wrong, I like Manny, he is good for boxing, but 11 rds to 1......go figure

I don't know if we watch the same fight but it was all Manny from 1-10 not 'till it get to 11 when marquez got desperate and stop running around and actually start fighting but he still got a draw. If you really followed that fight about a week later a judge admitted to making a mistake/(fixing) on scoring the fight he said Manny should have won that fight. Plus I don't know if you seen Manny fight lately (Larios and Morales) he's diff. fighter now much more skillful and still have those thunders beside him.

luistwentyone
03-19-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know if we watch the same fight but it was all Manny from 1-10 not 'till it get to 11 when marquez got desperate and stop running around and actually start fighting but he still got a draw. If you really followed that fight about a week later a judge admitted to making a mistake/(fixing) on scoring the fight he said Manny should have won that fight. Plus I don't know if you seen Manny fight lately (Larios and Morales) he's diff. fighter now much more skillful and still have those thunders beside him.

lol.......

An informal poll of boxing writers and broadcasters at ringside had Marquez winning the fight.

Morales lost the fight on the scales. he struggled too much to make weight, his body finally caught up to him.

Larios, if I was you I wouldn't boast about that victory. he didn't look to good against a blown up fighter that had to go up in weight.

ringo
03-19-2007, 11:38 AM
lol.......

An informal poll of boxing writers and broadcasters at ringside had Marquez winning the fight.

Morales lost the fight on the scales. he struggled too much to make weight, his body finally caught up to him.

Larios, if I was you I wouldn't boast about that victory. he didn't look to good against a blown up fighter that had to go up in weight.

"On Fightworld’s card, Pac won it by the narrowest shade, 114-113. The 10-6round made the difference. It was hard to erase the vision of Marquez laying in ruin in the wake of Pac’s first-round attack, in spite of Marquez’s miraculous recovery, flawless skills and drawing-board tactics.

After the decision, Roach looked for Mark Ratner, the Head of the Nevada State Boxing Commission, to lodge a formal complaint about Bert Clement’s 10-7 scoring of the first round. If it was scored properly – 10-6 – Pacquiao would not only be “The Peoples’ Champion, but he’d leave the arena with the WBA and IBF belts. "

luistwentyone
03-19-2007, 11:42 AM
"On Fightworld’s card, Pac won it by the narrowest shade, 114-113. The 10-6round made the difference. It was hard to erase the vision of Marquez laying in ruin in the wake of Pac’s first-round attack, in spite of Marquez’s miraculous recovery, flawless skills and drawing-board tactics.

After the decision, Roach looked for Mark Ratner, the Head of the Nevada State Boxing Commission, to lodge a formal complaint about Bert Clement’s 10-7 scoring of the first round. If it was scored properly – 10-6 – Pacquiao would not only be “The Peoples’ Champion, but he’d leave the arena with the WBA and IBF belts. "

10-6 ? 10-7 ? who knows, was Manny deducted a point for hitting Marquez while he was down ?

we can argue about how they should have scored the first round, but if we do, then we have to argue about how they should have scored the other 11 rds for them to give Manny a draw.

ringo
03-19-2007, 11:53 AM
No there is no point deduction, I just can't find the article where the judge admitted to making a mistake in scoring that first round. I can't wait 'till the rematch since I usually win around $400-500 everytime Manny fights.:)

reeferPLEASE
03-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Manny Pacquiao!

luistwentyone
03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
No there is no point deduction, I just can't find the article where the judge admitted to making a mistake in scoring that first round. I can't wait 'till the rematch since I usually win around $400-500 everytime Manny fights.:)

should there have been a point deduction ? he did hit a man when he was down, right ?

I also read where the judge admits to making a mistake. legitimate argument. thats why the whole fight is mired in controversy.

the rematch will be a great fight. not sure if it will ever happen. Manny is promoted by Bob Arum and Marquez by Oscar.

another great fight to be made is Edwin Valero vs Manny

ringo
03-19-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't remember him hitting marquez when he was down, But there is no point deduction otherwise the scorecard would say 9-7. Manny Pacquiao is just on top of his game right now, I don't think anybody in his weight class right now can beat him. I still doubt that Marquez would fight Pacquiao anytime soon, I mean he's only 33 he doesn't want to go to retirement yet just like Morales:) .

luistwentyone
03-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't remember him hitting marquez when he was down, But there is no point deduction otherwise the scorecard would say 9-7. Manny Pacquiao is just on top of his game right now, I don't think anybody in his weight class right now can beat him. I still doubt that Marquez would fight Pacquiao anytime soon, I mean he's only 33 he doesn't want to go to retirement yet just like Morales:) .

boxing analyst Doug Fischer from MaxBoxing wrote:

I don’t think Burt Clements made a mistake in scoring round one of Pacquiao-Marquez 10-7, and, in fact, I scored round one 10-7 because I thought that Marquez won the first half of the round before he got caught. I also thought the third knockdown was of the technical variety because JMM fell into the ropes and Pacquiao “helped” him to the canvass with a punch that landed while Marquez was already touching ground. I don’t think a knockdown should automatically be cause for a 10-8 round, especially if the fighter who was dropped was doing well for the majority of the round. Now I’m not saying Marquez was doing well for the majority of the round, but he did land telling blows and was out-boxing Pacquiao before he was dropped.

ringo
03-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I guess we can go on and on! We'll just have to wait for the rematch (though I doubt there will be one). Another pinoy fighter to watch out for "Boom-Boom" Bautista he will be undercard on De La Hoya's fight.

ringo
03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
boxing analyst Doug Fischer from MaxBoxing wrote:

I don’t think Burt Clements made a mistake in scoring round one of Pacquiao-Marquez 10-7, and, in fact, I scored round one 10-7 because I thought that Marquez won the first half of the round before he got caught. I also thought the third knockdown was of the technical variety because JMM fell into the ropes and Pacquiao “helped” him to the canvass with a punch that landed while Marquez was already touching ground. I don’t think a knockdown should automatically be cause for a 10-8 round, especially if the fighter who was dropped was doing well for the majority of the round. Now I’m not saying Marquez was doing well for the majority of the round, but he did land telling blows and was out-boxing Pacquiao before he was dropped.

"Burt Clements" this is the guy that criticize Pacquiao on his every single fight, a couple of times Roy Jones & G. Foreman have to quiet him when he was saying Pacquiao have no skill whatsoever.