PDA

View Full Version : Group Buys

elgordoinavw
08-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey, I just want to say that I think it is very cool that people take the risk and setup groupbuys. I mean you get an email saying that yeah I'll pitch in, but really what happens if they don't pay. The person who setup the group buy gets burned. I would hate to see someone get burned. Pon set one up recently and I hope all goes well, it is very brave of anyone who sets one of these up.
Good Luck and I hope everyone is adult enough to not screw a fellow reefer over, this forum seems to be very close knit.

obarrera
08-31-2004, 11:06 AM
I thought of that too.I hope everyone in here is honest so we can all trust eachother.

SDRotary
08-31-2004, 11:46 AM
I just did it as well with an order from Dr F&S and I have no fears that the people who went in with me will pay. If not you can always just post it for sale here.

MrKrispy
08-31-2004, 11:56 AM
I did an etropicals.com group buy earlier this year, I thought it went very well. I just don't have room to keep stuff for people, some of you with big tanks have that a little easier!

PonE619
08-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah, whoever ordered from me better pay up or else I'll hunt you down!haha! :D :D :D J/K!

There's no fear here!... I'm glad to help out my fellow reefers, everyone on this forum has been pretty kool!... So when's the next group by! :D

brahm
08-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Yea i've gotta say, for the most part 99.9% of everybody that has ever pre-orded stuff from me has came and picked it up in a timely manner, and i've done a number of group buy type things. I always told myself if anybody ever stiffed me I would make a list and never let them buy through me again.. So far that list doesn't have a single name on it!

Hi Five to all you guys!

;)

obarrera
08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by brahm
. I always told myself if anybody ever stiffed me I would make a list and never let them buy through me again.. So far that list doesn't have a single name on it!
That's a good idea.