PDA

View Full Version : Pico

jaysonsd
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I moved a lot of stuff around to create a cliff to put a sun coral under (still looking for one) and then had some extra corals and nowhere to put 'em, so I tried to make an arch and put the ric, palys and other shrooms on it; top priority right are my gonioporas in the center and the carnation I got from nichole last week. The gonios are growing since I started spot feeding them daily and the carnation opens up during the day (go figure).

Since I started a daily kalk dosing, I know the sps are growing, at least the brown acro tips are starting to grow bumps and the pink monti is growing more buds. The pocillopora has colored up and both acros are starting to fluoresce. Still want to grab one more frag of something bushy with large polyps to stick to the right of the millepora.

I'm sure I have a phosphate problem from the daily feeding, so I think the next thing is either to get a working skimmer to fit in the fuge or get some phosban or equivalent (and a test kit).

Thanks again to everyone out there selling nuggets of the stuff (specially Vayder1 for the ric and monti cap as well as DiverDave for the blue xenids), I'm doing my best to give 'em a good home.

early morning shot
http://i15.tinypic.com/29dk8j4.jpg

CyberGuy
03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Nice tank. What type of lighting do you have and how big is the tank?

jaysonsd
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
dual pc 50/50s putting out ~44 watts (unknown par) for a 3gal... always looking to upgrade the lighting, anyone know how many leds I'd need to maintain similar or higher levels of par?

tototee999
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Im sorry, but did you say that your tank was 3gal?? just looks like a lot bigger than that..

reddog-reef
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
looks nice. if its a 3 gal. then how big are your frogspawn heads and shrooms. everything either looks way out of proportion to me or they are pretty big...

jaysonsd
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
yeah, 3 gallon tank, I get the pieces people sell :D, that one acro was a huge piece and my fastest growing sps and those shrooms I think gotta go, they expand like crazy and irritate my other corals

DaChrisDude
03-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow very impressive especially for such a small tank! Good job.

Marius
03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
that is a great looking tank, nice work.

Noob
03-31-2007, 12:20 AM
hows that carnation working out for ya?....is it hard to keep alive?

pirate2876
03-31-2007, 01:31 AM
great tank jayson,ill be trimming a piece of that slimer for ya

jaysonsd
04-05-2007, 05:39 PM
hows that carnation working out for ya?....is it hard to keep alive?

Growth is slow but its stalking around the side, I feed with w/ the chili any night I'm home, shut off the filters and drizzle mashed frozen coral food over it and the skimmer pulls out the leftovers later on that night. I've read that they like to hang upside down, but this one is from Nichole (Bumblebee) who had it for several months upright and it does the same for me, inflating and deflating like any other softie I have.

I actually gotta update the pics, got a mh and a skimmer, did some major reworking over the weekend, just never felt right, more lr and more sps and a crocea, just need that one centerpiece to set it off nicely

whatever
12-30-2010, 11:09 PM
updates?