PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Major Hair Algae Problem

Yolo
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I picked up a Sea Hare (his name is Harry) who has virtually wiped out my hair algae problem in a matter of days. My hair algae was a solid 2 to 3 inches, bright green, etc. Harry went over the corals, zoos, etc with no impact other than eating the hair algae.

GONE - Handed off to peer reefer...no list being kept...informational post: Consider one for your hair algae probs..

thx
Mike

jcal
03-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah, those sea hares work wonders on any algae. Almost Cleaned my 120g in less week. They do knock things off and make a lot sh*t when they are feeding. I just siphon it out every week. Pretty cool when they blow Sh*t out of there ass, sand and all. I still keep them for house keeping purposes.

Yolo
03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
"Harry" - His work is almost done...maybe a week or so if that...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/yolo_062004/th_55gforsale.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/yolo_062004/?action=view&current=55gforsale.flv)

swissfish
03-09-2007, 10:02 AM
wow, i diden't know that there was rock in the tank too.
You worked this guy to hard:)

phishphood
03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Mike
Want to add me to that list? I have a true underwater forest growing in my tank right now. I can probably pull some out that measure 4"+ Heh, let me know if/when my turn is up. Thanks.

Yolo
03-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Good luck...that guy went to town...never stopped for about a week...then appeared to sleep. Had me worried for a bit, found him kicking it in the corner. Hope he works out Joe...

lucubrator
03-17-2007, 06:38 PM
How big is he?

Yolo
03-17-2007, 06:55 PM
The size of your closed fist when retracted, a good 6" x 3' when moving...never stopped until he cleaned up the tank. Ate through 4" hair algae so thick the clowns were hosting it...LOL Went over zoos, corals, ate around the bubble corals, never saw a prob..did not have a choice, either the hair algae took over or I had to let him do his thing.

Nanoreefbro has him...I hope he made the transition well.

m

GSRGRL00
03-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Put me in line.. I have a coworker w/o a computer who would like to borrow Mr. Hare when he's available.

pako73
03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I just picked one up on Friday and this little sucker kicks ass.

nanoreefbro
03-18-2007, 08:09 AM
The size of your closed fist when retracted, a good 6" x 3' when moving...never stopped until he cleaned up the tank. Ate through 4" hair algae so thick the clowns were hosting it...LOL Went over zoos, corals, ate around the bubble corals, never saw a prob..did not have a choice, either the hair algae took over or I had to let him do his thing.

Nanoreefbro has him...I hope he made the transition well.

m

Yeah Mike I acclimated and put him in.. He is HUGE.. He isnt doing a whole lot right now.. Just hanging around.. He might not be that hungry.. I will see how he does in the next few days.. You got pm..