PDA

View Full Version : got bugs?

sdfreshwaterkid
02-15-2007, 10:46 PM
For some reason, my tank, of three tanks we have in the apartment, has bugs that go under the light....but the other tanks don't have any. Is this a problem with any other people? It is a fresh water tank by the way.

Jason

MrKrispy
02-16-2007, 07:22 AM
happens with my tank, bugs love the halides. I put a Venus fly trap on the top of my aqua clear filter, free food!

DaChrisDude
02-16-2007, 09:11 AM
happens with my tank, bugs love the halides. I put a Venus fly trap on the top of my aqua clear filter, free food!

No way! That's awesome! Lol.....

reeferPLEASE
02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
i used to have to catch flies myself to feed my venus flytrap...they didnt really seem to attract bugs themselve like theyre supposed to...odd

reeferPLEASE
02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
get rid of the plecos and red bellied pacu.....

bristlenose plecos or any other type besides the norm work best....

and pacus are just going to annoy you as they get larger...MUCH larger very fast

pirate2876
02-16-2007, 01:21 PM
i can tell youi from experience that pacu is a bad idea.they get huge.mine got 14in and came close to cracking the end panel of clash off my 100g.

CNCreefer
02-16-2007, 03:11 PM
i used to have to catch flies myself to feed my venus flytrap...they didnt really seem to attract bugs themselve like theyre supposed to...odd
I have a whole collection of carnivorous plants. My flytraps catch flies by themselves all the time. The Sarracenia flava (pitcher plant) catches hundreds of them in the summer :D

sdfreshwaterkid
02-18-2007, 10:29 PM
lol...howd a bug topic get to kicking fish out of my tank hahaa jkjk...i know the pacu going to be huge...i dont exactly know how to get rid of it...and the pleco's are my friends....his flowerhorn tank will demolish them all....see my dilemma?