PDA

View Full Version : This will bring tears to your eyes

mmoore0803
02-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Somebody posted this on RC...It is horrifying!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

There is a petition to stop the massacre here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/golfinho/

rudy
02-13-2007, 08:07 AM
That's ****ed up.

pk-sd
02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Wow !! that is cruel. Its amazing what human beings are capable of doing just to satisfy their desires. I could not even finish watching it.

Here is another one on chinese fur farms (http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=fur_farm&Player=wm&speed=_med).

SECTER1
02-13-2007, 08:31 AM
OK...Now I am messed up in the head.

mmoore0803
02-13-2007, 08:35 AM
yup it's disturbing....as cruel as finning sharks and dumping their living bodies back into the oceans

DaChrisDude
02-13-2007, 08:35 AM
You're right, sorry Mike.

That was horrible. Did you see all the blood just being poured back into the bay? Disgusting.

I'm signature # 92,645 or something like that.

mmoore0803
02-13-2007, 08:39 AM
no doubt...;)

SECTER1
02-13-2007, 08:41 AM
I understand the whole top of the food chain and I am far from a PETA tree hugger but man at least put a bullet in the head. No offence to anyone but people in the far east abuse the crap out of animals and eat them alive in some cases and have the nerv to talk about American policies

mmoore0803
02-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Animal abuse and cruelty exists everywhere.....not just in the East ;)

SECTER1
02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Animal abuse and cruelty exists everywhere.....not just in the East ;)

Yeah but when it happens here it ends up on the news or Date Line or 20/20. Ofcorse it happens but it more in the dark then right out in the open with kids waling buy. At least here when we kill animals they are dead by law with in a mins.....How lond do you think that was going on for? A few hours to round them up and drag them to the shop and let them bleed out....

SolRo
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
eat them alive in some cases

Just to put some perspective on this...

Most animals in the wild are eaten alive

We kill millions of animals a year to feed the american population (and most of those animals had a crappy life on industrial farms, getting fed reprocessed leftovers of their own species)

And, when possible, we like to feed live food to our fish/corals.

So please don't act all high and mighty, few cultures on this planet have the right to do so.

mmoore0803
02-13-2007, 09:09 AM
reeferPlease let's keep this civil (your title)

SECTER1
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Just to put some perspective on this...

Most animals in the wild are eaten alive

We kill millions of animals a year to feed the american population (and most of those animals had a crappy life on industrial farms, getting fed reprocessed leftovers of their own species)

And, when possible, we like to feed live food to our fish/corals.

So please don't act all high and mighty, few cultures on this planet have the right to do so.

Then who cares about this thread then. Animals also eat there young too. Dogs eat their vomit. Gorillas play with there own crap. Don't you think that maybe we are a little diffrent then animals?
I'll act high and mighty all I want..I am an American. You see when your country leads the world in feeding the poor around the globe and always leads the way is saving the enviroment you can do that.

SolRo
02-13-2007, 09:21 AM
always leads the way is saving the enviroment you can do that.

America produces 25% of the worlds CO2, while having a very small relative population.

Europe does much more than america does when it comes to the environment.

Hell, greenland (or iceland?) runs almost entirely on geothermal power.

Which country didnt sign kyoto again? Ohh yes, America.

cagirly2006
02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
that is the saddest thing i have ever seen!! poor babies!! :( now im going to go cry!! :( :( :( I dont understand how anyone could have the hear to do such a thing, and not even feel bad about it. The least they could do is give them a shot or something to humanely put them down but not slaughter them alive and watch them slowly die!! I dont even know what else to say but :(!!!

Big Brother
02-13-2007, 09:24 AM
No matter how much you hate George Bush or whatever your deal is, America IS the best country on Earth. no matter how messed up we may be, we dont even come close to that...

SECTER1
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
America produces 25% of the worlds CO2, while having a very small relative population.

Europe does much more than america does when it comes to the environment.

Hell, greenland (or iceland?) runs almost entirely on geothermal power.

Which country didnt sign kyoto again? Ohh yes, America.

Do your part and stop driving your car. Most countries around the world dont have a car for every adult. Also the Kyoto would effect America more then those other countries due to the fact that our populatation is WAY bigger then those who did sign it. And the global warming issue is still debatable. But that is not 100% off the envoroment.

Retzius
02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
That is horrible. Just signed the petition, hope that helps.

SolRo
02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Do your part and stop driving your car. Most countries around the world dont have a car for every adult. Also the Kyoto would effect America more then those other countries due to the fact that our populatation is WAY bigger then those who did sign it. And the global warming issue is still debatable. But that is not 100% off the envoroment.

Well, you mean the country that gives off more CO2 than any other single country would be most effected by kyoto? Go figure!

And no, global warming is no longer a debate. The only people debating global warming are Mr Exxon and Mr Mobil

paralabrax
02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
This is funny, Two things:

One
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Ask yourself this, how much was your electricity bill was last month, how much coal is burnt so you can have power to your 450 watt metal halides. Cars are not the only thing that causes CO2

Two
Japan is an Island nation they do not have the land to raise pigs, cows, chickens, ect. They have been a fishing nation for thousands of years. Next time your eating a cheese burger that cow that probably came from Argentina did not get slautered humanly.

We are the top of the food chain if it moves we eat it if its pretty we stick it in a fish tank

Just my humble Opinion

Yolo
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Hate to burst any bubbles, but unless the whole lot of us plan on becoming vegans not much we can do but agree its not something all of us want to see. Unfortunately, there is not much difference there in that video than what I see on an offshore multi-day fishing trip. Only difference is the Dolphins have more intelligence and are mammals, but the process is the same. We hook them, drag them onto a boat, thump them in the head, drag them with a gaff, and allow them to either suffocate, bleed to death, or die in an in-boat freezer. Not much of a humane way to harvest those dolphins. They are too large and dangerous. It would be cost prohibitive to shoot them and probably ineffective.

Sad video, I agree. I see dophin on the water weekly. But peoples gotta eat. Its their country.

That reminds me, I haven't had Sushi for a while.

cagirly2006
02-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Hate to burst any bubbles, but unless the whole lot of us plan on becoming vegans not much we can do but agree its not something all of us want to see. Unfortunately, there is not much difference there in that video than what I see on an offshore multi-day fishing trip. Only difference is the Dolphins have more intelligence and are mammals, but the process is the same. We hook them, drag them onto a boat, thump them in the head, drag them with a gaff, and allow them to either suffocate, bleed to death, or die in an in-boat freezer. Not much of a humane way to harvest those dolphins. They are too large and dangerous. It would be cost prohibitive to shoot them and probably ineffective.

Sad video, I agree. I see dophin on the water weekly. But peoples gotta eat. Its their country.

That reminds me, I haven't had Sushi for a while.

sad! but very true! glad i HATE fish!!! but those poor chickens i eat!! :(

lth03
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
my signature just add up almost to 97000

mmoore0803
02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow.....

First, domesticated animals used for food are not endangered, and as soon as Cows, Pigs, and Chickens make the list, I'll stop consuming them. Also, these animals are not dragged down the street by guys in trucks. The slaughterhouses of our country have indeed gotten better and are no longer like those written about in The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

I am no hypocrite because I enjoy a good steak, pork chop, chicken breast or fillet of Mahi Mahi yet want to stop a massacre of an animal that humans are responsible for the destruction of. By most of your logic, Whaling should be allowed in this country as should the mass hunting of any species until it no longer inhabits the earth.

Also, who has found the elusive wild bovine or chicken that we readily consume?

pk-sd
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
First, domesticated animals used for food are not endangered, and as soon as Cows, Pigs, and Chickens make the list, I'll stop consuming them. Also, these animals are not dragged down the street by guys in trucks. The slaughterhouses of our country have indeed gotten better and are no longer like those written about in The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

Cruelty is the same regardless if its done to the first one of the species or the last one. Like I said before people find a way to justify their actions. Plus its easy to ignore and move-on when its socially accepted.

ilikualot
02-13-2007, 01:40 PM
I was bummed with the video until the very end. I say thank god they are eating it. I agree with Mike(Yolo) the fishing boats do the exact same thing with their catch.