PDA

View Full Version : CITIES info

M. Parkis
08-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Don’t be surprised if the cost of corals starts to go up soon (especially the LPS corals and the Ricordia mushrooms). I went to L.A. yesterday (yes I got caught in the traffic jam going north, what a nightmare). Can’t say I was impressed with the corals there this week. Most of the small importers that I visited did not even have corals for sale. I was informed that the suppliers in Indonesia have been having a hard time getting CITIES permits lately. Fiji and Tonga corals have not been affected, as far as I know. Did any of you others who deal up in L.A. get the same information?
On the up side I got some real nice fish (Assorted Tangs, Fairy Wrasse, Angelfish and Gobies) I’ll post them later this week or you can check out my web page for current stock list later today.

brahm
08-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by M. Parkis
Don’t be surprised if the cost of corals starts to go up soon (especially the LPS corals and the Ricordia mushrooms). I went to L.A. yesterday (yes I got caught in the traffic jam going north, what a nightmare). Can’t say I was impressed with the corals there this week. Most of the small importers that I visited did not even have corals for sale. I was informed that the suppliers in Indonesia have been having a hard time getting CITIES permits lately. Fiji and Tonga corals have not been affected, as far as I know. Did any of you others who deal up in L.A. get the same information?
On the up side I got some real nice fish (Assorted Tangs, Fairy Wrasse, Angelfish and Gobies) I’ll post them later this week or you can check out my web page for current stock list later today.

Yea, I've been hearing the same thing from a couple places. But they've been telling me they should start getting more towards the end of september?

M. Parkis
08-24-2004, 10:31 AM
True but up till now they have still been able to import Aqua-cultured corals. This week even those were cut off. Prices for corals are going to go up in the brick and morter shops if it keep up. I just sell more frag's or close tanks down untill I need them, but if you have rent to pay the money has to come from some were.