PDA

View Full Version : Check this Out: Be The Reef!

Live Water Aquariums
02-07-2007, 09:16 PM
www.eternalreefs.com

What a way to go.;)

lucubrator
02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
There are a couple of new interesting approaches:
http://www.lifegem.com/
http://promessa.se/index_en.asp

DaChrisDude
02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
those are weird. I kinda like the idea of being turned into a reef though...

Live Water Aquariums
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
How about a DIY Live rock memorial in your living room?

Dakota
02-08-2007, 09:53 AM
wow. That's.... interesting. I'd be happy just being burried though. Or Cremated.. much much cheaper. . .

cagirly2006
02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
yeah i saw that on tv a while ago, i told my mom because my stepdad just passed in novemeber and she wanted to let him go in baja because he loved it there and to fish there, but i dont know if she liked the idea!! :/

lucubrator
02-08-2007, 04:43 PM
wow. That's.... interesting. I'd be happy just being burried though. Or Cremated.. much much cheaper. . .

Actually, the second one I posted costs about as much as cremation, and is beneficial to the environment. Plus you get a tree made of you.

Chanas4
02-09-2007, 06:29 AM
I like the idea of cremation better. When my sister passed we did that due to money constraints and it seems to be a comfort to her now 14 year old daughter to know her mama is still there. Plus the grave tend to be abandoned over the years.

DaChrisDude
02-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I think it's ridiculous to spend thousands of dollars for a plot, then thousands more for some shiny fancy casket - people are only going to see if for part of one day! Doesn't matter if the worms get to me, I'm gone! I certainly won't mind.

malachai629
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I kind of think that when you die you should rot.

But seriously, as ridiculous as that sounds. I'm not kidding - aren't we meant to fertilize growth of - who knows what - as part of the system? Just seems natural. You burn and your nutrients are largely lost. Let me be oil for the civilizations that will rise after we've destroyed ourselves and the ice age we bring about begins to thaw.

Chanas4
02-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I dont believe in funerals either. We didnt have one for my sister. We had a gathering of family and we played music she liked and made a big poster of her during her life. We just hung out at my house. I dont think its dignified to be in the casket all stiff and waxy while people talked about how good you look when it looks nothing like you.I dont want any9one to see me that way