PDA

View Full Version : just got electricity bill

kim92111
01-27-2004, 10:42 PM
I just got my electricity bill. It's been one month since I set up the tank. Does it sound correct that my electricity bill is about $150 more than my previous bills. That sounds like a lot. I haven't even put in all the new lights....

Acoustic
01-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Unless you have a quadruple metal halide setup with battery backup, multiple bulkheads, etc..............No. Your bill is wrong. SDGE is the devil. No matter how much I reduce my own usage the bill goes up.

EXPLAIN THAT!

M. Parkis
01-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Dec. and Jan. are the hardest on the electric bill. If you keep the heat down in your house to save money your tank heater will be on more often and stay on longer. Butr $150 on a 50 gallon tank sounds a little excesive.

Alexsd
01-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Something has to be wrong, have you been running your heater? Like Mike said the winter months are the wrost. My parents just got the bill and it was 250 and that cover 5 people with a pool and my tanks and pond.

alien4fish
01-29-2004, 05:22 PM
yeah we just got our bill too and it about a 100.00 but im runnin power compacts a can filter a 202 power sweep a small pond pump and a med pond pump for my fuge oh, dont forget the millenia 1000 on my son's beta tank

alien4fish
01-29-2004, 05:23 PM
oh yeah dont forget the heater 80 deg.constant temp

ConUSsd
01-29-2004, 08:31 PM
i'm knockin on wood on for this thread, but a $150 increase on your utility bill? wow, that's a big jump. i've had my tanks and ponds running for a few months now and my increase hasn't been that big. i just moved to pt loma at the old navy training center and my first few utility bills were all screwy. i come to find out that with all the construction going on, the power surges we're messing with my meter- don't know how but it is. i actually just got hit yesterday and it fried the alarm for my house. i had sdge come out again and they are now monitoring our usage to see what's going on. so just a thought, don't know where you live but if you have a lot of construction going on keep an eye out.