PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Sam reeks havick again!!!!!

nitrogenbubbles
01-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, due to yet another operational commitment....I am walking away from my tank again for a few months tomorrow:mad: In the sheer case that I might need a helping hand for my family while gone....who would be willing to extend a hand?

fighting a cyno battle right now ( due to a move about a year ago....plenum is reestablishing....hopefully in a few weeks it will be back to what it was.)

Anyways...the wife will add water and make sure to let me know of leaks or bad stuff...but that isn't enough for the fact I will not be able to fix stuff as I am away. Once again seeking the help of the well established reefer in the time at hand. Nothing in the line of regular maintenance..as she does do what I ask ( she understands how much this hobby cost) Only for emergencies.

Probably won't be able to answer private messages for the next few months....damn Sam blocks this website for some reason....haven't figured it out yet!!

thank you in advance.
Chris

Poacher
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Hello Nitro,

I live in Tierrasanta and can make myself available to gladly help out with your reef tanks whenever you need it. I would just need to meet with you first to get the lowdown on what you need or want done. Its the least I could do for someone doing so much for us. :)

Phil

DiverDave
01-26-2007, 05:04 AM
I will help. Let me know. V/R IT1.

crstjohn
01-26-2007, 07:34 AM
I can be available for emergency situations.
Rick

DaveMorris
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm in! Anything you need, day or night.

nitrogenbubbles
01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
thanks for all the responses. I am sure my wife will be taking up offers. There seems to be something happen everytime I am gone....you know Murphy's Law.

ilikualot
01-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I work in Tierrasanta let me know if you need anything. I can help anytime.

brncsfns5621
01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
As for Uncle Sam blocking the site, I am assuming you are on NMCI? If you log off the VPN, you should still be able to access the internet. The site will come up when you go that route.

nitrogenbubbles
01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
nope, you assumed incorretly....on the USS Ronny, and it tries to reach the site...but it just sits there with a blank screen....does it only for SDReef, it not exactly firewalled...but they are blocking it for some reason...it use to be assecible...but not anymore:(

brncsfns5621
01-26-2007, 11:45 AM
They saw you on the site too much... consider it a security risk..... site now banned...... :D

mojoreason
01-26-2007, 11:51 AM
can you use a proxy server? i mean - you can go in and change the port with one you find at this site here (http://www.proxy4free.com/).

i used to do it with city government computers ... though after you connected it usually went down a couple of hours or more later - - but you just go back to the site & pull down another number.

then again, your RMs or ICs or DPs or whatever rate they have working the Ron's computers could come a knockin' on your door - - and you know how that UCMJ works ... you could be up in front of the old man getting your liberty card yanked.

it's still worth a shot though, right? ;)

victortrav
01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
looks like you got alot of help at hand. i just want to thank you for your service. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

nitrogenbubbles
01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
thanks you all, hope to be back before they are scheduling us....

nitrogenbubbles
01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I once used proxy.com....but then too many people started using it and then they blocked that and many other servers.....Uncle Sam is too cautious sometimes... but you know that OPSEC stuff is real..." Loss lips sink ships"

Anyways, one day I will make a friend down in ADP and get the ban lifted and then I can still keep up on the forum.

mojoreason
01-26-2007, 02:41 PM
mountain dew works ... but en masse. show up with freakin' eight or ten chilly sodas & everyone perks up. obviously avoid khakis. and do it at least four weeks into the cruise - six if you could wait that long ;)

brncsfns5621
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Most ships will ban any sites with forums or chat boards. Something about us not working and talking to much on the net....... especially while on watch!