PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Wrasse

Therapy
01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone here have a mystery wrasse? I was in hawaii and saw about 10 of them in a store on O'ahu. How much do these guys sell for here in san diego? I was very tempted to throw one in my suitcase.
How about a Gold flake angel? Are they reef safe. Saw 5 of them there too.
Cant believe I dragged my entire family down to where we where staying to watch the Chargers Game in O'ahu . GRRRR

nanoreefbro
01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey Therapy do you remember the name of that store?? I was there for about 9 months and that was where I got my Mystery Wrasse from..

supaboy1981
01-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Br used to have one but we all know what happened there

Therapy
01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey Therapy do you remember the name of that store?? I was there for about 9 months and that was where I got my Mystery Wrasse from..
Dont recall the name. Do you mind me asking what you paid? One guy told me it was around 100 bucks, which is alot less than I have seen them for here.

nanoreefbro
01-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Dont recall the name. Do you mind me asking what you paid? One guy told me it was around 100 bucks, which is alot less than I have seen them for here.

Yeah mine was $90..

Therapy
01-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah mine was $90..
how did you get it back to the mainland? Did it eat all your shrimp and terrorize your other fish?

Talkn2themike
01-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I had a pair of them at Crystal Cove for sale. We also have 1 in our big reef tank. We get them in every now and again. But I beleive they sell for $150-200 bucks. 100 bucks was a steal. As for the Gold Flake they are not reef safe. HIH. -Mike

nanoreefbro
01-18-2007, 09:10 PM
how did you get it back to the mainland? Did it eat all your shrimp and terrorize your other fish?

I had them shipped back here.. The name of the store was Modern Pet Center. While I was there I placed an order.. I got a pair of Harlequins, Mystery Wrasse, Chevron Tang, Achilles Tang, PPE's, XL Naso Tang..No I've got him in a 50 gal with my Red Fire Shrimp and he doesn't bother him at all. I did hear that you have to be careful with them and ornamental shrimp. I would guess they mean Harlequin Shrimps and Sexy Shrimps..

Therapy
01-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone have interest in a mystery wrasse from hawaii. I can get it shipped to my home here in san diego for 105 dollars. I saw one today at AW that was so TINY you could hardly tell what it was and it was about 175 bucks out the door. I am having mine shipped early next week.