PDA

View Full Version : Got a wii

ilikualot
01-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I finally got a wii. If anyone is looking go to Target or Best Buy on tuesday or Thursday Morning. That is when Nintendo sends out their shipment.

BEfor ethis turns into another war about what is better here is my opinion. The graphics on the Wii are not great. They are probably comparable to the Gamecube. But it is alot of fun to play. The games are geared for a lot of people to play at one time and have fun. I would recommend this to anyone who is just looking to have fun.

Please dont turn this into a big comparison of PS3... I know the graphics are better over there. Hopefully soon I will be able to have both of them.

yo yo guy
01-03-2007, 07:52 AM
YouGPM

Daniel
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Did you just show up on on Tu/Th mornings a few minutes prior to opening, or did you call before to check? It seems a bit tedious to drive to those different places every Tu/Th.

Dakota
01-03-2007, 10:48 AM
My friends have a couple at their house. The Wii is definitely an awesome system. It's so fun to play the simplist of games; like bowling :) I've been wanting one for a while now, but I'm just going to be patient.

ilikualot
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
My wife showed up at target 15 minites after opening and just got lucky. She was told that Nintendo only ships on Tuesday and Thursdays. If you want one I think it would be your best bet to line up at the store a few minutes before opening.

pk-sd
01-03-2007, 01:13 PM
OK I want one too. I wish I knew about this yesterday as had a day off. Oh well !:(

treylane
01-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Component video cables help a looooot if you've got a TV that can take em.

FishBulb
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I played one of these on New Years and it was a blast. The wife never plays video games but tennis and bowling are so easy you don't even really need instructions to play. It was a blast.
FB

mmoore0803
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
i'm still looking....just not as hard (holiday is over and $$$ is short)

wildtigg3r
01-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Stopped by the Target off Mira Mesa Blvd this morning before heading to work... unfortunately they didn't have any Wii in stock. They did have 2 PS3 available. The guy working mentioned that Nitendo sends out their shipments via UPS now so they don't get shipments til later in the morning between 10am-12pm. They had a shipment this past Tuesday.. and there were only 6 Wii's available and they were gone in 5 minutes.

Just thought I share this information with everyone here.

pk-sd
01-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Stopped by the Target off Mira Mesa Blvd this morning before heading to work... unfortunately they didn't have any Wii in stock. They did have 2 PS3 available. The guy working mentioned that Nitendo sends out their shipments via UPS now so they don't get shipments til later in the morning between 10am-12pm. They had a shipment this past Tuesday.. and there were only 6 Wii's available and they were gone in 5 minutes.

Just thought I share this information with everyone here.

Thanks. I guess its just being at the right place are the right time.

johnc
01-04-2007, 09:52 AM
yea was there at the college one and no luck either. doing a quick run to the stores in clairemont and to international autoparts now so i will check at that one and swing back to college on the way back.

Reefer Addict
01-04-2007, 01:09 PM
wii sucks!!!!! go put that wii stck up your butt
Dude-No need to troll...

ilikualot
01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Squid I hope you are only 12 cause otherwise all these rantings are just pathetic.

pk-sd
01-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Wii on Craigslist for $300. Comes with Zelda. This guy still has is but sounds too good to be true. So I will pass. Anyone else interested ? go for it ! but be alert.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/259746727.html

SolRo
01-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Btw, anyone that was looking to get a PS3 as well;

The Fry's off of the 15 on aero drive has one up as a demo model, go play it before buying. It's also attached to an HD screen.

Honestly, for all the hype, that thing has a lot of what's called jaggies...little step looking pixels on anything that has a streght edge on it. By how bad it was, I'd have to guess that the console runs on less than HD resolution, but then converts the signal to HD output.

Just go give it a try instead of just buying the box.

pk-sd
01-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Posted on RC:

"The rumour is there is a shipment this sunday 1/14 at all stores. Call your local suspects (Target, CC, Walmart, etc) to see if they are expecting."

"according to this site www.ps3seeker.com/wii (http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii) bestbuy will be receiving a huge shipment in on MONDAY."

Thanks Kamil for the heads up. I am trying to get one for my son before his birthday on 25th. I hope I can get one before that.:)

ilikualot
01-09-2007, 08:38 PM
definitley get one. Me and the wife are having alot of fun. It is hilarious to watch people get into it.

pk-sd
01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Btw, anyone that was looking to get a PS3 as well;

The Fry's off of the 15 on aero drive has one up as a demo model, go play it before buying. It's also attached to an HD screen.

Honestly, for all the hype, that thing has a lot of what's called jaggies...little step looking pixels on anything that has a streght edge on it. By how bad it was, I'd have to guess that the console runs on less than HD resolution, but then converts the signal to HD output.

Just go give it a try instead of just buying the box.

Friend of mine has all three consoles (wii, ps3, 360) and he mentioned similiar issue with PS3 also. He said his 14 year old does not even touch the other and plays wii the most.

mark n
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
You might want to check this out if you're looking for a Wii. I have not verified that it works since I already have a Wii but is probably worth checking out.

www.iTrackr.com

Daniel
01-10-2007, 01:35 PM
i still can't find one. been visiting a few random stores here and there, called maybe 2 dozen different times to a handful of different stores in the last 2 weeks but still no luck.

anyone got a specific time and place that's confirmed for me to check out? i think i'm goin to give up mid-jan and just wait for the hype to die down.

impreza619
01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
try eb games tuesday and thursday mornings. thats where i found mine last week, along with my ps3. both consoles have their ups and downs, but wii is the fun one hands down for family fun and co-op play. but gthd on a HDTV is just a sight to be seen. :eek:

pk-sd
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Just got one from ebgames in north county fair. I think they still have some left. The guy would not tell me how many though. One per household though.

pk-sd
01-11-2007, 12:08 PM
EB Games at the mall. If Daniel passes it's your if you still want one. I can get you one when they come in.

Call them first and they will tell you if they have any left. No point in going there if they are out or almost out.

Here is the number:
1-760-746-0199

Noob
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I GOT THE WII TOO!!!!!...sarcastically i told my girlfriend that im gonna get a wii....Im not even a gamer. OF ALL PLACES... Plaza Bonita mall had it! Graphics DOOOO suck. BUT ITS SOOO INTERACTIVE AND FUNN!!!!!

pk-sd
01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, the guy said he'll hold it for me for 30 min. ....

Cool. Because yesterday the "store policy" will not let them hold it at all. Its funny how store policies change over-night. I think these guys just make these them up as they go along.

mmoore0803
01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Got me a Wii....WOOT! it's WiiTastic!!!

Thanks Kamil for the heads up

Daniel
01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks Kamil! :)

pk-sd
01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Is anyone else connecting their wii to a HD TV on the wall ? I am not sure what would be the best place to place my Sensor bar? On top or below the TV. I hope the sensor bar wire is long enough so that I can run it behind the wall.

mmoore0803
01-11-2007, 10:09 PM
sensor bar wire is ridiculously long.

nitrogenbubbles
01-13-2007, 05:52 AM
yes, about 13 feet long to be sort of accurate :P most games have a option calibration for the size, location, and angle of the tv. Zelda for example....press the + button and calibrate away....my screen is 10' away from the remote and it is mighty accurate!!! Was even bowling from up stairs/:) Got a strike once....wife LHAO!!!! Wii and DS have taken a step closer to affordable true interactive play.....yeah no more CTS!!!!!!!!!!....now just got to worry about tennis elbow :D

SA_Fox_Mulder
01-18-2007, 09:22 PM
So....where is everyone getting their wii's ? Bestbuy and Target?

johnc
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
got mine from game stop.

but i was just at costco! yea costco has them now tons of them they only have the bundle with two games though.

pk-sd
01-18-2007, 10:58 PM
got mine from game stop.

but i was just at costco! yea costco has them now tons of them they only have the bundle with two games though.

Costco Bundle is nice. Three games, two controllers for $340.

nitrogenbubbles
01-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Just beat Zelda the other day....great work up to the end.....but IMO a big let down for a ending:( Anybody else feel the same?

pk-sd
01-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I there is somone trying to badmouth Wii and by posting how great PS3 is. Of course he changed is mind and deleted his post.

Here is a great Wii and PS3 comparison.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9136575504838642038&q=wii

Wii Is Awesome!!!!

nanoreefbro
01-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I saw a few Wii's at Camp Pendleton on Thursday.. Now they are all gone..:(

nanoreefbro
01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
I there is somone trying to badmouth Wii and by posting how great PS3 is. Of course he changed is mind and deleted his post.

Here is a great Wii and PS3 comparison.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9136575504838642038&q=wii

Wii Is Awesome!!!!

LOL!!!:p

nanoreefbro
05-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Has anyone seen any Wii's lately?? I've checked around and haven't been lucky... I did some PS3 at Target on sale..

pk-sd
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Has anyone seen any Wii's lately?? I've checked around and haven't been lucky... I did some PS3 at Target on sale..

My friend got one from Target Mira over the weekend. He said there was one hour line.

Daniel
05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Last time I went to Costco they had a good amount of Wii's. If i'm not mistaken, they get them in weekly or bi-weekly in fairly large numbers (25 units) ... You should call and ask when they usually get them in.

pk-sd
05-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Last time I went to Costco they had a good amount of Wii's. If i'm not mistaken, they get them in weekly or bi-weekly in fairly large numbers (25 units) ... You should call and ask when they usually get them in.

Costco Wii comes with a nice bundle deal. I think come with Excite Trucks (my favorite wii game).

tiznanya
05-04-2007, 09:03 AM
check your sunday paper late on saturday night. target/best buy/circuit city will advertise the wii in the sunday ads only if they plan on having them in stock first thing sunday morning. you have to get there early though, ie. circuit city usually hands out vouchers an hour before store opening.

OGzThatsRight!
05-04-2007, 09:24 AM
we've had one for a while now and i cant stop playing it...yeah the graphics suck but the gameplay is what its all about...dood go get tiger woods you wont be dissappointed..it maybe be hard as hell the first couple of times but after that you wont put down the wiimote!