PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart 7150 printer driver for Microsoft Vista...where?

CyberGuy
12-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I am using the Ultimate Microsoft Vista edition but I cannot use my HP Photosmart 7150 printer because HP does not have a driver for the Vista version yet.

Does anyone know a way to get my printer working with Vista?

BigAir
12-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Get a hold of microsoft, they should be able to get it going.

july865
12-29-2006, 10:15 AM
i am using 64bit pro. unfortunately drivers for the 64bit will be only available by the vendor of said product. the good news is, drivers for printers(even 64bit)are easly created even by the novice. somewhat....
keep trying HP or google the terms and see who might have created a driver..
also, as i have found out. you can try other HP products and see. i share my wifes printer over a network. its a canon 730. i can print to it using i think its the 800 or 750 driver, but unfortunately i can only print in B/W. but i keep looking for drivers when i can. if i realy need to print i just use the other computer.

CyberGuy
12-29-2006, 01:27 PM
i am using 64bit pro. unfortunately drivers for the 64bit will be only available by the vendor of said product. the good news is, drivers for printers(even 64bit)are easly created even by the novice. somewhat....
keep trying HP or google the terms and see who might have created a driver..
also, as i have found out. you can try other HP products and see. i share my wifes printer over a network. its a canon 730. i can print to it using i think its the 800 or 750 driver, but unfortunately i can only print in B/W. but i keep looking for drivers when i can. if i realy need to print i just use the other computer.

I did tried to install driver from higher model number but it still does not work. I also google all over the net and people did suggest getting the driver for the 7800 model but it still did not work for me. Hewlett-Packard is so slow in getting new drivers. :mad:

DaveMorris
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Try getting drivers out of HP for a large format (36") plotter. Next to impossible.