PDA

View Full Version : I want a Wii

mmoore0803
12-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Just played at my buddy's house up in OC....the thing is awesome.....who wants to sell one for MSRP? C'mon....holiday spirit and all.....somebody has to have an extra one they just want to sell for what they paid...right?

Yolo
12-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Saw them going for $425...market might drop after xmas...price will definitely level out when all the stores get stocked in the Spring. Thats when I'll buy one for my son.

mmoore0803
12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
yup....they're out there...just hafta show up at the stores when they pull them off the truck...or wait

Nigritude
12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I heard on the news that they were recalling the units. Might take a while for the restock.

SDFISHMAN
12-20-2006, 05:28 PM
They have them at the gamestop by my house $250.

jrjuiliano
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
I heard on the news that they were recalling the units. Might take a while for the restock.

Someone finally filed a class action lawsuit over the broken straps and other issues on the wii-mote controllers.

And, for mild amusement:

http://www.wiidamage.com/

EDIT: Here's an article on the recall -- for the straps -- http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=60677

mmoore0803
12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
when did u last check fishman?

johnc
12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
check toys r us on friday. thats when im going.

SolRo
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm wanting one too, it looks fun.

First console I've actualy wanted enough to go buy one.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20061220.jpg

ringo
12-27-2006, 08:55 AM
What is the MSRP on these bad boys?

crstjohn
12-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry but can someone tell me what a Wii is??

ringo
12-27-2006, 09:34 AM
a new game console.

Daniel
12-27-2006, 09:43 AM
What is the MSRP on these bad boys?
$249.99

these things are damned hard to find. :mad:

MAKASHI
12-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I went to Fry's yesterday and they had PS3 in stock and sold the last Wii when I got there.

ilikualot
12-28-2006, 08:58 PM
I am lookingfor one too. So if any of you guys see a place that is selling them let me know. We went to four places today and they were all sold out.

johnc
12-28-2006, 10:58 PM
supposed to have some in local stores on new years eve. check bestbuy

Bogg
12-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Well you are intitled to your own opinion. I tend to try to have an open mind when it comes to new consoles. The wii is going to be a great thing for young and older ppl. A friend of mine has one and his whole family plays wii sports together. I am going to get one and am looking forward to Zelda and Mario galaxy. I also have a ps2 and a 360 with all the games practically and I really love Gears of War online. Some ppl who are really into gaming just have all the consoles. The ps3 is amazing I made lots of $ of the one I sold. I will get another one later mine had audio issues. The graphics were amazing. but that does'nt always mean better gameplay IMO. I do appreciate better graphics but the whole idea about getting ppl off the couch and moving aroud is cool also. JMO.

Squidward
12-30-2006, 12:56 PM
i just dont want nintendo screwing my fellow reefers over they have a bad track record when it comes to games and consoles i once got a n64 and what happened ps1 came out and blew it away ...thats why i cant trust nintendo unless your into zelda other then that i dont think they will make
Grand theft auto ....and ps3 does have a motion sensing controller so i am willing to bet they will make other controllers that will win over the wii fans

mmoore0803
12-30-2006, 07:42 PM
still looking and I appreciate Squiddy looking out for his fellow reefers so I'll explain........I plan on getting a PS3 (have had psx...ps2) since it not only will compliment my new TV (another thread) but will play my old favorites (as well as the family favorites) and IMO is the superior gaming console (If I want a Microsoft compatible LIVE system, I'll just use my computer....plus I saw what Halo was supposed to be when it debuted at E3 before Bungie was bought out by MS and have carried an XBOX grudge ever since)....BUT....I went to a friend's house and had FUN playing the Wii.....just FUN...nothing more....and the family friendliness of it is its bonus.

btw...still looking.....though not as hard as b4 christmas

Daniel
12-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Let's not turn this into a Wii vs. PS3 debate Squidward.

Bottomline is: they are 2 completely different systems, specifically designed for a different range of customers. This has been Nintendo's goal all along, family "safe" and fun with easy to understand systems & games. Whereas Sony & Microsoft chose to target a more mature audience. Your die-hard defense of the PS3 is pretty pathetic, we know it's next gen, and we know it's powerful... no need to compare it to the Wii. If Nintendo wanted to design a $800 machine to compete with the PS3, it would. You're comparing caviar to tofu, some people like tofu better.

Reefer Addict
12-31-2006, 01:12 PM
What's the problem here? Everyone should own an Alienware PC, PS3, XBox360 and an Wii.... Isn't America a melting pot? Shouldn't this theory also apply to our gaming hardware? LOL

ilikualot
12-31-2006, 01:13 PM
I am stil looking too. I went to best buy this morning and stood in line. I got a ticket for the PS3 but I just cant afford $600 right now. I agree with Solro my wife is sold on the wii so I am going to get one for her. It is alot of fun to play as a group. I agree PS3 is much better graphics and a better game system but wii definitley is better for family and group fun. Its pretty funny watching people play it too.

Squid I appreciate your comments. I have never seen anyone so emotional about a video game. Its pretty awesome. You take it serious!

Happy New year all!

ilikualot
12-31-2006, 06:07 PM
I stil want a Wii. Been checking craigslist all day nothing good. Anyoe see any in the stores please let me know.