PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Spirit

Elanglio
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I want to make some Christmas cookies and I do not have any good recipes. Any cooks on here want to share their holiday secrets?

BumbleBee
12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm real original, I make sugar cookies (sometimes dyed) and cut them into Christmas shapes, and of course do the colored icing and decorating thing.

Squidward
12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
window cookies are my favorite but i dont know how to make them
my mommy used to make :o yummy

its basically melted chocolate and butter and make sure not to hot when you mix in w/ colored marshmellows,
and put it on wax paper coat it with powdersugar,and stick in freezer,or fridge to make cold ...when its ready you cut it like a slice of bread
only its chocolate and marshmellows...
but like i said my mommy make them 4 me :D

DaChrisDude
12-18-2006, 10:25 PM
my mommy used to make :o yummy

its basically melted chocolate and butter and make sure not to hot when you mix in w/ colored marshmellows,
and put it on wax paper coat it with powdersugar,and stick in freezer,or fridge to make cold ...when its ready you cut it like a slice of bread
only its chocolate and marshmellows...
but like i said my mommy make them 4 me :D

I'm salivating... I think tomorrow you need to call your mommy and get that recipe!!

DaChrisDude
12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I want to make some Christmas cookies and I do not have any good recipes. Any cooks on here want to share their holiday secrets?

We make chocolate "no-bake" cookies - love em! The best way to eat them is to make a double (or larger!) batch. As soon as they finish on the stove, take them off and plop the entire thing onto a cookie platter. Grab spoons and start eating from the giant cookie-mush as soon as it gets cool enough not to burn your mouth! That way you can't track how much you've eaten... ;)

BumbleBee
12-19-2006, 10:10 AM
We make chocolate "no-bake" cookies - love em! The best way to eat them is to make a double (or larger!) batch. As soon as they finish on the stove, take them off and plop the entire thing onto a cookie platter. Grab spoons and start eating from the giant cookie-mush as soon as it gets cool enough not to burn your mouth! That way you can't track how much you've eaten... ;)

OMG, I've never heard of anyone but my family making those. My sister used to make them all the time when we were younger, I haven't had them in years. Are they the kind that have oatmeal, and chocolate, and occasionally some coconut in them? I think they are technically called haystacks or something like that.

BumbleBee
12-19-2006, 10:13 AM

Is this it?

STAINED GLASS WINDOW COOKIES

1 pkg. colored miniature marshmallows
1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter
1 c. nuts

Melt chocolate chips and butter together. Pour over the marshmallows and nuts. Mix. Divide into 2 parts on waxed paper. Make into rolls. Store in refrigerator. Slice about 1/2 inch when cold.

They do indeed sound yummy, I know what my next grocery list will include!

victortrav
12-19-2006, 10:21 AM
the cookies sound great but im about ready to get down on some pecan pie and some sweet potato pie Ya Herd