PDA

View Full Version : SIRIUS listeners....need help

MrKrispy
12-17-2006, 09:29 PM
my most awesome girl just gave me a Sirius radio + car kit for Christmas. Anyone here Sirius subscribers?

My car is a 98 acura integra, wondering what my options are for listening since the in-dash receiver doesn't have a Line input. I am looking in to using some FM modulator but I don't know if it will work with my stock radio. Installations are probably pretty pricey.

july865
12-17-2006, 10:23 PM
it'll work.. i believe you just tune your stock radio to 88.9 and then turn on the sat radio. then that becomes your tuner and it comes out the speakers as normal.. i also believe you get like 3mo free subscription too...

DaveMorris
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
The absolute best way to get an Ipod or Sirius radio into a stock setup is with a JL Audio Cleansweep. I have one that I got from Progressive over by the Sports Arena. It allows you to incorporate after market products with a stock setup. I got one to add an amp and sub to my F150 stock radio. It also gives you a line level input and tweaks everything for it to sound right in your stock stuff. Check it out...

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=193

jrjuiliano
12-18-2006, 06:03 AM
If your '98 has a cassette player there's an adapter for that as well.

MrKrispy
12-18-2006, 08:12 AM
I got it to work, sounds good. I used the website to determine the best FM freq. for my part of San Diego. 106.1 was the #1 choice and it works fine. I have only driven about 20 minutes with it so far (and of course Howard Stern is on repeats!). I don't have a cassette player, however I think my stock deck has CD/tape chager capability so I should be able to get a FM modulator hooked up.

The best part is since my car is a hatchback I just ran the antenna inside to the hatch and the signal is fine.

THanks for the info everyone!