PDA

View Full Version : Cry Babies!!

Fishaholic
12-17-2006, 10:44 AM
well I need to vent for a minute here :)

also let me remind everyone we are here to have fun not to fight!!

I have noticed that there are many people that "bi#ch" here about wwwaaayyyy to many things.

for example-

-prices on used goods
-peoples views (we live in America and have freedom of speech!)

we are all here to better the hobby and help out fellow aquarists!!!

we are not here to whine and cry about lame comments...... if we wanted that we could log onto RC

if you don't like the way Sdreefs is then please feel free to write your opinion here

www.reefcentral.com there are plenty of snoots there you can agree with ;)

KEEP IT REAL!!!!! IS IT REALLY WORTH IT TO CRY ALL DAY?

If you are a serious person who gets offended by comments that are made then don't read the threads.....

I have seen too many threads that are ruined!!! because a few people want to whine about anothers coments

WE ARE NOT HERE TO POLICE EACH OTHER!!! IM SURE A MOD CAN HANDLE THAT

As the old saying goes "We have too many cheifs, and not enough indians!"

thanks for the vent... oh yeah and if this offends you then please feel free NOT to read it again!

Fishaholic
12-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I forgot to add, the whiners know who they are, if you are not them then don't worry.

also its really anoying when you get a new user who comes on the board only to sell 1 item, ask 1000 ?'s and then dissaper 1 week later

its almost like this is a craigslist for reefers

Yolo
12-17-2006, 10:54 AM
I finally added someone to my "Ignore" list, don't know exactly how it works, but it sounded appropriate.

I suggested sdreefs start a new Category: DRAMA or WHINING

Then we could read that section for entertainment.

Fishaholic, you are saying what a lot of us are thinking...

thx

Doorag
12-17-2006, 10:58 AM
we should start something like a blue book for used equipment

lth03
12-17-2006, 11:06 AM
This is Sunday morning,I am enjoy my coffe and watch my reef.
Next time I think it is better if we send PM to the person other than post in the thread,don't want to draw too much attention to minor thing.

Fishaholic
12-17-2006, 11:13 AM
thats what I was thinking mabye a PM

too many threads are filled with fighting that draws from the main purpose of the thread

Yolo
12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
It hides all of their posts and you never have to read them..,

Hey, out of site, out of mind.

Fishaholic
12-17-2006, 11:18 AM
so in other words you could just make them dissaper :) kinda like a easy button for cry babies ;)

Squidward
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
can i add that if you mention the PS3 on these forums it will start
a war with the ones who dont have it yet

lucubrator
12-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Putting someone on your ignore list just hides what they said, not that they said something, and that really gets annoying. Something about the devil you know vs. the one you don't

lucubrator
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
As for modding, I'll take stuff down that I think is clearly unnecessary/offensive etc, but I do try to go on public opinion, and ask the other mods what they think. Having just one chief and no indians isn't any good either.

bigdisneykid
12-17-2006, 03:56 PM
How about this, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Good rule of thumb.

You guys are great. :-)

Daniel
12-17-2006, 07:37 PM
it'll blow over. everyone's hostile during the holidays...

Lovemesumpercs
12-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I kind of agree with what you all are thinking. I really enjoy this site, and what i have gained from it. Thats probally why i became premium within 3 days of joining. However i must say, some folks on here make some dumb suggestions, and rude comments towards others. Furthermore i think it is a little difficult sometimes to understand someones true thoughts behind what may appear to be a rude comment, when its written in plain text on a thread. If you have something negative to say to someone, just drop them a line. If you do not like the price of some equipment, DONT BUY IT. No use taking up space on a thread making yourself look dumb. Seasons greetings!

Fishaholic
12-17-2006, 08:38 PM
and a happy new year!!

Squidward
12-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Go Chargers!! and thanks for removing the cursed thread
i will never mention the ... again here lol

malachai629
12-18-2006, 08:34 AM
I have to say that as someone who has appeared newly here with "1000's of questions" - although I have certainly never had anything negative to say about any other member - that it definately discourages me to hear alot of this be said. Being both human and slightly narcissistic as anyone, I can't help but wonder, does that apply to me? Are my 1000's of questions not welcome here? Am I in the wrong place? I don't mean to join the blanket party but as someone who's just getting a feel for this forum I'm not sure the right message is getting across here. But then, what do I know, maybe that was exactly the right message. That being said ~ it's been fun meeting with the few of you that I've been able to and I look forward to continuing with my endless barrage of newby questions until further notification. Enjoy the day, everyone . . .

Ars3nal619
12-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Go Chargers!! and thanks for removing the cursed thread
i will never mention the ... again here lol

which one ??

phishphood
12-19-2006, 04:21 PM
I think the general consensus towards the newbies joining to sell and ask and disappear detracts from the overall community-esque feeling of these forums. While it is certainly acceptable to ask 123907890324 questions, we just ask that you try to stay around on the forums and give information back to those newer than you.

malachai629
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
I'll be around but I don't promise to ever know what I'm talking about : )